Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

10 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's strange to me that some of the people who dont like Under would want Thauvin, Thauvin likes to cut inside all the time as well and takes 100 shots to score 14 in a season, he's going to frustrate in the same way under does.

Difference being Thauvin provides better end product and is free.

17 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's strange to me that some of the people who dont like Under would want Thauvin, Thauvin likes to cut inside all the time as well and takes 100 shots to score 14 in a season, he's going to frustrate in the same way under does.

Thauvin's stats are pretty phenomenal though. 

9 hours ago, deep blue said:

I guess you won't share the same opinion as me, but I thought Mahrez grew into the position here pretty quickly. It's true he spent his first half season with us while we were in the championship but I felt his Premiership class was obvious right from the start.

Mahrez did a fine job early on but we’ll still be looking for someone who is further on in their trajectory to fill a champions league first 11 spot

At the weekend, Rodgers said the following:

With the fit-again Timothy Castagne and Ricardo Pereira both featuring on the right flank, perhaps in anticipation of countering Grealish, Leicester were solid when they needed to be after the break and exhilarating when taking control. “It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for quite a while,” Rodgers said. “This is the first time the boys have both been fit.”

That suggests Ricardo might be tried again in that position with Castagne supporting him. Against teams with a dangerous left winger that makes sense, so of our games remaining, Spurs (Son) and Man United (Rashford) I could see that tactic being used again. It will be interesting to see if Rodgers fancies using in games without having to watch our for the opposition as much...

On 21/02/2021 at 12:39, honeybradger said:

Key difference being Thauvin will frustrate us after being brought in for for nothing, whereas Under would cost us 25 million pieces of paper with the queens picture on to frustrate us.

With the football brains of Britain having already seen what Under can do, Thauvin is already infinitely better

22 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Key difference being Thauvin will frustrate us after being brought in for for nothing, whereas Under would cost us 25 million pieces of paper with the queens picture on to frustrate us.

With the football brains of Britain having already seen what Under can do, Thauvin is already infinitely better

Agree with this.... Although Thauvins stats are from abroad, monetary wise it makes far more sense to have him on a free than pay the fee for Under........ besides, if we keep hold of Riccy, it's just squad back up we need in that area anyway, he's more than capable 

Personally with Under, I haven't seen anything from him that looks any where near good enough for us. If he was at Man City, noone would moan at moan at Pep leaving him out due to not tracking back etc, so don't get why people moan about Rodgers doing it. All I see with Under is someone who can beat a defender, get to the edge of the area and not know what to do, reminds me of Gray.... I remember in his first few games him getting an assist at Arsenal and Leeds I believe, and everyone was plastering their ceilings over how 'great' he was going to be.... even Gray had purple patches. Not like Rodgers don't know what he's doing is it... so 100% for me, go for Thauvin if they're our two options

• 2 weeks later...

It should be obvious to all I would have thought that Under is going to be going back to Roma at the end of the season. 

We've now seen what happens when we dont have cover at Left Wing at all. Any argumgements about playing back 5's and pushing players like Thomas/Albrighton further up just wont wash with me. 

And now we have it on the Right Wing, the wing we have the most questions marks and concerns over and have had for some considerable time now. It's all well and good pushing Castagna or Ricky forther up, or putting albrighton their, but none of this, like the Left Wing problems, matters if we dont at least have basic cover in those positions. When Chilwell was here we had Fuchs at LW and when we had Ricky we had Amartey. 

The beauty now is that our full back numbers, quality and rotating abilities are phenomenal. Players on the wing are becoming a potential problem in terms of points lost if we dont fix it. 

And then there are the other squad areas. 1 x defender. 1 x attacking midfielder. 1 x striker. 1 x winger. I dont want to be greedy so I've put 1 winger down. Yes pandemic, however we've had a tremendous amount of players off of the books over last year and the next 2 years. We need a splurge if we are to seriously add this extra fullness to our squad for the points necessary for regular european football. 

Sowah will be back up LW/RW which leaves us going all out for an elite left footed right winger this summer. We need to invest in the right player in this position and up front. All other areas we might like to improve are less of a priority and we can see what we do, there's plenty of free transfer options this summer.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Striker, attacking midfielder and a right winger preferably who is also comfortable on the left are absolute musts in the summer. 

I think Sowah ticks the boxes for the back up LW/RW and ACM. That leaves us able to spend the majority of our budget on the very best RW we can get and a striker.

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sowah will be back up LW/RW which leaves us going all out for an elite left footed right winger this summer. We need to invest in the right player in this position and up front. All other areas we might like to improve are less of a priority and we can see what we do, there's plenty of free transfer options this summer.

You think sowah be involved with us and not loaned out in England?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Sowah ticks the boxes for the back up LW/RW and ACM. That leaves us able to spend the majority of our budget on the very best RW we can get and a striker.

Is he that good? I haven't followed his progress at all 

43 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Striker, attacking midfielder and a right winger preferably who is also comfortable on the left are absolute musts in the summer. 

I’d be absolutely ecstatic is we went out and purchased the three obvious targets:

Edouard

Otavio

Thauvin

get it done Rudders

43 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

You think sowah be involved with us and not loaned out in England?

I think he will be involved next season as we are potentially paying the price for not having enough attacking options and without us going and buying 3-4 strikers and wingers next season which seems unrealistic then we will ensure we utilise what we have at our disposal and Sowah will be one of them IMO.

42 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Is he that good? I haven't followed his progress at all 

He's performing well at a level that seems to transfer well to the PL, he's been brilliant at times with the caveat that he's a rough diamond and Rodgers will look forward to working with him. A few impact players who are unpredictable are lacking here, what we'd do for such a player right now as we are fighting for our form.

8 goals and 4 assists in 29 games. For context Trossard had similar stats at the same age playing for Leuven in the top division. 

• Like 1