Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Right Winger

Would be happy with Sowah and KDH coming in who can provide decent cover for no outlay.

But what I really want is a left footed, RW, Brazilian, to take the number 7 shirt. Would’ve said Neres a couple of years ago but seems to have struggled with injuries recently. Antony has done well in his place but not sure he’d come here from Ajax and regular CL. Thauvin seems the obvious choice on a free but we’ll see given he’s had injury troubles too and is now 28. Think it’s the one area of the first team we could seriously upgrade so in answer to the question yes we need a RW. 

29 minutes ago, shailen said:

£40/£45m especially if we get champions league may do the trick. 

I doubt they would sell him for that price and if he continues playing well until the end of the season I reckon alot of teams will be after him. I've said in other threads, buying from other prem teams isnt our transfer model as there is no value for money and everyone is always massively overpriced, like we did with Maguire. Perez ( who I think we overpaid for) and Evans who had a relegation release clause are the only players we've signed from other prem clubs recently. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Let Under go back to Roma and get a genuinely good winger in to replace him. 

Would love to see Thauvin come in.

Can he defend??:ph34r::fishing:

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

Does Messi defend, does Ronaldo defend, does Marhez defend.  Does it matter

Ask Rodgers. It's obviously important to him. By the way we can't afford Messi, Ronaldo or Mahrez....and I'm not going back to the Under thread to find the answer.:)

I know he primarily plays on the left but McNeil would be an excellent replacement for Albrighton, now Marc is knocking on a bit. He wouldn’t set the world on fire but you’d always get a 7/10 and a hard work rate. Definitely an option for the squad. 

I’m sure Craig Mitch could do a job too. 

Edited by Ian Nacho

Put it in the transfer thread but silas Wamangituka would be the type of player that would be great on the right wing for us. 11 goals and 3 assists this season, plays as a hybrid right winger and right wing back, over 6 foot and unbelievable pace and strength. Still only 21 too. Couple of his goals this season worth checking out on YouTube running from his own half to score. 

• Like 1

If you ask, do we need a *insert non-defender position here*, the overwhelming answer will be yes, because we're a decent transfer window away from have enough quality depth in midfield and forwards. We ideally need 2 wingers, a striker, and an obvious Youri stand in 

7 hours ago, MPH said:

There’s a possibility we were a tad spoilt with Mahrez and that a lot of us are always going to compare whoever we get to him.  For us to try and get someone on a par with him, within the budget we operated within means that very few people will stand a chance of being ‘accepted’ by the masses.

On the other hand, if we unearthed a gem against the odds in Mahrez, who's to say we can't pull off a similar trick again?

Just now, deep blue said:

On the other hand, if we unearthed a gem against the odds in Mahrez, who's to say we can't pull off a similar trick again?

I think we have moved on from the days we can afford someone the time like we did with Mahrez to grow... it’s kind of like Under... had we been top end championship or low end prem I think he would have been given far more opportunities.... but with us chasing champions league places  we need a higher quality player a lot sooner and someone performing well right now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think we have moved on from the days we can afford someone the time like we did with Mahrez to grow... it’s kind of like Under... had we been top end championship or low end prem I think he would have been given far more opportunities.... but with us chasing champions league places  we need a higher quality player a lot sooner and someone performing well right now. 

I guess you won't share the same opinion as me, but I thought Mahrez grew into the position here pretty quickly. It's true he spent his first half season with us while we were in the championship but I felt his Premiership class was obvious right from the start.

• Like 1

Today is what worries me. Without a decent right winger like barnes on the left it leaves us vulnerable to players like grealish who play on the left and in a situation where our right back is going to need additional help from time to time from a strong and pacey winger. That why we need to buy a class right winger in the summer asap.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo