Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Things in the foreign food aisle, that you quite like.

43 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Going to a supermarket abroad is incredibly simple pleasure. 

The supermarkets in Italy are mad. They really don’t have frozen food other than gelato and if you see the fresh sections you can see why we are all fat ****s compared to them.

Used to love even making my own salad from there as you could literally buy individual rocket leaves if you wanted.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You're not such a bad guy after all them :ph34r:

I demolish these like there's none left in the world. 

50p a bag at the minute, shouldn't be allowed. :nigel:

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Strange that we consider them foreign when they're made in Leicester.

Well they're undoubtedly aimed at foreign tastes and the business founder was from Kenya, so it seems about right.

Anyone go to any of the Chinese/Korean supermarkets in Leicester? It’s a complete lottery as to what you get but sometimes you hit the jackpot.

I got some steamed BBQ pork buns from the one near the hospital, absolutely sensational. I also got quite frankly the worst crisps I’ve ever eaten on the same trip. Think chilli flavoured sweet breakfast cereal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

You're not such a bad guy after all them :ph34r:

I demolish these like there's none left in the world. 

They are amazing. I open a massive pack, there's no way I'm stopping until they're gone.

I mean it's the same with pretty much any bag of crisps but that's not the point

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

They are amazing. I open a massive pack, there's no way I'm stopping until they're gone.

I mean it's the same with pretty much any bag of crisps but that's not the point

You must be the twin I never knew I had...

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

They often have them in B&M for £3 or £4, along with some other fairly decent American offerings for much cheaper than the supermarkets

I love proper American Pop Tarts so occasionally get some if I'm in Tesco/Asda/B&M. The flavours available are so much nicer than the chocolate/strawberry ones you get domestically

Also:

snapshotimagehandler_1085562058.jpeg?h=5

These. The mustard and onion ones, and the jalapeño ones are amazing. So moreish

We use the jalapeno ones as crouton substitutes in salads. If carlsberg did salads....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone go to any of the Chinese/Korean supermarkets in Leicester? It’s a complete lottery as to what you get but sometimes you hit the jackpot.

I got some steamed BBQ pork buns from the one near the hospital, absolutely sensational. I also got quite frankly the worst crisps I’ve ever eaten on the same trip. Think chilli flavoured sweet breakfast cereal.

Yeah the pork steamed buns are amazing

The Oriental Food Store in Loughborough stocks some great Chinese and Asian snacks.

51WnynCc94L._AC_SY580_.jpg

These are insane. So tasty

• Like 2