Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Things in the foreign food aisle, that you quite like.

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah the pork steamed buns are amazing

The Oriental Food Store in Loughborough stocks some great Chinese and Asian snacks.

51WnynCc94L._AC_SY580_.jpg

These are insane. So tasty

That brings back memories. I used to have a flat mate at uni who was from the Philippines and she went through so many of them. They are amazing! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

What even are they?

Fried corn snack. They come in all sorts of flavours, but out of the ones I've tried adobo is the nicest, by some distance. Tastes like garlic and bit of vinegar, hard to put your finger on it, but it feels like it should be a staple flavour for crisps. Really nice

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You always see some fatty pork product with Polish writing on it. Looks delicious to me but my wife won't buy it.

Fatty, smoked, seasoned perfectly. Fortunately my other half is Polish!

I have Polish family so am quite the fan of a lot of the Polish stuff you can get in the supermarkets, far better range on Narborough Road though. Having said that, I had the unfortunate job of going to Derby quite regularly, Normanton Road has a big fully fledged Polish supermarket, what a place! Some of the meats are sensational. Cherry ham, wiejska sausage, berlinki cheese hotdogs, love it. Those massive jars of pickled cucumbers can get ****ed though, hate them.

Also quite like demolishing a bag of bombay mix, only corfresh though, none of the  others get close.

1 hour ago, Kopic said:

I have Polish family so am quite the fan of a lot of the Polish stuff you can get in the supermarkets, far better range on Narborough Road though. Having said that, I had the unfortunate job of going to Derby quite regularly, Normanton Road has a big fully fledged Polish supermarket, what a place! Some of the meats are sensational. Cherry ham, wiejska sausage, berlinki cheese hotdogs, love it. Those massive jars of pickled cucumbers can get ****ed though, hate them.

Also quite like demolishing a bag of bombay mix, only corfresh though, none of the  others get clos

The biggest Shame is..

The old traditional Leicester market since Way back then..had 1-2 original polish delis,butchers Sausage & meats.Plus General Polish stuff.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kopic said:

Also quite like demolishing a bag of bombay mix, only corfresh though, none of the  others get close.

One man`s Gherkin is another mans .................I love `em!!

Incredibly long shot but if anyone ever sees this product in an Eastern European shop, please please let me know

arbanasi.helitutku_0004_Layer-9.jpg

It's a Bulgarian Mascarpone flavoured chocolate wafer, had it on holiday once and it was amazing. Probably about the only product in the world you can't seem to get on Amazon

17 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

The supermarkets in Italy are mad. They really don’t have frozen food other than gelato and if you see the fresh sections you can see why we are all fat ****s compared to them.

Used to love even making my own salad from there as you could literally buy individual rocket leaves if you wanted.

My issue moving abroad would be the bread 🤣