Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Horse Racing

Can't imagine he'll be kicked out long term thanks to the nature of the sport. A would imagine that a minor betting scandal would result in a far greater punishment than literally sitting on a dead horse. 

My only ever block on Twitter was by Mickey Quinn after I received a junk email about co-owning a horse with him and Alan Brazil; this in spite of the fact that he was banned for 18 months for serious neglect of multiple horses. 

I simply don't believe his story about unthinkingly sitting on the dead horse to take a phone call.

He does seem to have a phone to his ear but, seriously, would you not notice what you were sitting on? In particular, would you unthinkingly sit astride a dead horse to take a phone call?! 

Seems like laughable bollocks to me, Mr. Elliott.

• Like 1

The pure arrogance of the guy is unbelievable. 

To do what he did is one thing, but to make that kind of statement is beyond words.

He might as well come out and say he was taking the piss and having a laugh. But to openly lie with this kind of proof just makes him look an even bigger fool. 

• Like 2

Yep Gordon has really fvcked it here. He’s somewhat protected because he’s not based in England. I’d imagine if it was a small English based NH trainer then they’d have already had their license revoked and all horses banned from the festival. Gigginstown have said they’ll stand by him as expected (O’Leary does what he wants) but they stopped majorly funding their breeding programme recently so although it’s a positive it won’t help him that much in the long run. Cheveley Park are the one to keep hold of due to their expansive breeding programme but can’t imagine they’ll stick with him now. 

I think his statement was meant to come across as genuine and apologetic rather than run away from the problem but to be honest it’s made him look even worse. 

In my opinion he’ll receive an almighty fine and maybe a suspended sentence. They’ll want the best horses running at the festival. Then I think in due course as his sponsors and owners distance themselves from the stable he’ll really struggle. Such a shame because he’s an unreal trainer and although comes across arrogant does a lot to please the owners and horses involved. Used to have 2 horses with him in a small syndicate a few years ago and everything I saw was fantastic. But, that photo is disgraceful and action needs to happen. 

3 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

The statement he’s given is a load of bollocks. It’s clearly a staged photo. A lifetime ban would send out the right message but doubt he will get one.

Yeah don't expect a strong moral message from the people behind an entirely immoral 'sport'.

3 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Yeah don't expect a strong moral message from the people behind an entirely immoral 'sport'.

Not going to get in a debate over it but this statement is not true whatsoever. 

Anyway, Elliott’s horses banned from running in Britain until the photo is fully investigated etc etc.

• Like 3

As TJB alluded to, Cheveley Park have removed all their horses, that's a bitter blow and works as a good form of self regulation, take it out the authorities hands almost, he'll be nowhere near as potent without them. 

Another video cropped up of a jockey being disrespectful to a deceased animal, its beggars belief, that's his career over and good riddance. 

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Jesus, just seen his statement. What an absolute bellend. Surely he didn't think people would believe that?

Pathetic, screamed of arrogance tbh. I think he genuinely thought he'd get away with it because of his standing in the sport. 

Cheveley moving on is huge, I imagine other owners will begin to follow suit now too, especially as they'll want their horses running at Cheltenham. As others have said this likely regulates itself, particularly with Gigginstown winding down operations. O'Leary already thrown his toys out the pram I see, refusing to run Tiger Roll in the national due to his weight, despite the fact the weights were announced weeks ago. 

Do feel sorry for the stable staff in all this. Most will have done nothing wrong and yet will be heavily punished due to the actions of a moron. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

As TJB alluded to, Cheveley Park have removed all their horses, that's a bitter blow and works as a good form of self regulation, take it out the authorities hands almost, he'll be nowhere near as potent without them. 

Another video cropped up of a jockey being disrespectful to a deceased animal, its beggars belief, that's his career over and good riddance. 

Rob James, seriously talented amateur jockey. No idea what he was playing at. Met him a few years ago after he’d ridden out for a friend and he came across incredibly well. The video of him is  disgraceful though and should be banned from the sport for a lengthy period of time. 

Whats your thoughts on the likes of envoi and Sir Gerhard moving to Mullins and HDB? Crazy news really isn’t it! Really shakes up this year’s festival 

2 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Pathetic, screamed of arrogance tbh. I think he genuinely thought he'd get away with it because of his standing in the sport. 

Cheveley moving on is huge, I imagine other owners will begin to follow suit now too, especially as they'll want their horses running at Cheltenham. As others have said this likely regulates itself, particularly with Gigginstown winding down operations. O'Leary already thrown his toys out the pram I see, refusing to run Tiger Roll in the national due to his weight, despite the fact the weights were announced weeks ago. 

Do feel sorry for the stable staff in all this. Most will have done nothing wrong and yet will be heavily punished due to the actions of a moron. 

Completely agree. The stable staff will be gutted. I think this is Gordon done now to be honest. 

Re the national, the Elliott team had been planning to pull Tiger for a while and set up a little plan with the Percy. Not sure what will happen now Elliott is fvcked but keep your eyes peeled. 

55 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Rob James, seriously talented amateur jockey. No idea what he was playing at. Met him a few years ago after he’d ridden out for a friend and he came across incredibly well. The video of him is  disgraceful though and should be banned from the sport for a lengthy period of time. 

Whats your thoughts on the likes of envoi and Sir Gerhard moving to Mullins and HDB? Crazy news really isn’t it! Really shakes up this year’s festival 

We're talking about some of the best NH trainers in the game, could be the change of scenery even perks the horses up a bit, wouldn't put me off if I fancied them, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

We're talking about some of the best NH trainers in the game, could be the change of scenery even perks the horses up a bit, wouldn't put me off if I fancied them, that's for sure. 

Yep true. Would imagine Jack Kennedy will keep the rides 

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I’ll tell you something, if they win then their true class prevails. Changing yards two weeks before a festival isn’t ideal. New routines, diets etc.