Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

Going slightly off topic what I dont get is the relevance of the lateral flow covid test.  According to the government and club you have to go to a test site within the community to get it you cant do it home?

However, when you get your results on the NHS app it doesnt state where you did your test?  it just tells you the result.  tis the same for the PCR test which I have done.

I cant see why you cant use a home testing kit it makes no sense.

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Why on earth were "operational staff" taking up 450 tickets of Leicester's allocation in the first place?

Probably just for the ticket office to give to mates who have never been to a game. 

• Like 3

Just now, suffolk fox said:

Going slightly off topic what I dont get is the relevance of the lateral flow covid test.  According to the government and club you have to go to a test site within the community to get it you cant do it home?

However, when you get your results on the NHS app it doesnt state where you did your test?  it just tells you the result.  tis the same for the PCR test which I have done.

When you do a home test you have to send it away to get results which will take days and likelihood of missing the deadline. The ones done at these centres presumably gives you a result there and then or 30 minutes later? 

Plus, do you really not see the issue with people being trusted to do their own test at home?? 

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

Because it's easy to report a negative test from home....

I'm sure they will check back should you actually test positive within the few days after the event.

But yes, it seems there is no difference in the notifications, unless they have changed something for the tests we're doing Tomorrow/Friday? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I think in the name of research, the data they will receive is more reliable if we use assisted centres, as we won't just fake the test. I don't think they can really police it, they probably work on an expectation that 95% of people will do as asked of them, the other 5% shouldn't affect the data significantly. 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

When you do a home test you have to send it away to get results which will take days and likelihood of missing the deadline. The ones done at these centres presumably gives you a result there and then or 30 minutes later? 

Plus, do you really not see the issue with people being trusted to do their own test at home?? 

you still have to do it mate.  On the home test kit there is a barcode which you hae to scan and send it to the nhs app.  You then get the results within 30 minutes like at a test centre.  Tis the same you then get the confirmation email.  I personally cant see the difference you still require confirmation from the NHS which you get?

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

No, you can have LFT tests at home (we're doing 2 a week for school), when you register the test online you get a notification SMS and email with the result within a few minutes. 

The PCR test is the one you post to the lab to be tested, results 24-72 hrs later.

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

you still have to do it mate.  On the home test kit there is a barcode which you hae to scan and send it to the nhs app.  You then get the results within 30 minutes like at a test centre.  Tis the same you then get the confirmation email.  I personally cant see the difference you still require confirmation from the NHS which you get?

The difference is that for all the NHS know you could be using your dog to do the test at home. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, philce said:

Because it's easy to report a negative test from home....

I'm sure they will check back should you actually test positive within the few days after the event.

But yes, it seems there is no difference in the notifications, unless they have changed something for the tests we're doing Tomorrow/Friday? 

Cant see how they could change it as you can have the test done at any Centre and lots live outside of the ones given by the club.  Be a few nervous people tomorrow and friday taking tests.  I think I will do one at home first to settle the nerves.  If any come back positive they will have to go for a PCR test to clarify that it is positive. We should get the PCR tests via the post for pre match testing, though we do not need the result for entry into Wembley, as these will need to be posted out for results, but then who knows!! 

11 hours ago, Ricey said:

FFS, why choose 302 and above again? The demand wasn’t even that high in that bracket on Friday before they sold out. You’d think now would be the perfect time to drop it down a bit.

The demand will be higher as people didn;t want to sit on a coach all day and then be sent straight into the ground. 

With these tickets you can get there how you want, go to the boozer, actually enjoy the day. 

I think we need a bit of perspective here. None of us (bar about a dozen at the semi) have been to a game all season and we didn’t expect to be able to go to this.

Some of us have been lucky, but it’s been clear from the outset that we’re going on the understanding that we’re essentially test subjects for this attendance study.

The travel requirements that have been imposed on some are part of this study. Nobody is making us go. The requirements are slightly onerous, but the alternative is just not going.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfcfem said:

Cant see how they could change it as you can have the test done at any Centre and lots live outside of the ones given by the club.  Be a few nervous people tomorrow and friday taking tests.  I think I will do one at home first to settle the nerves.  If any come back positive they will have to go for a PCR test to clarify that it is positive. We should get the PCR tests via the post for pre match testing, though we do not need the result for entry into Wembley, as these will need to be posted out for results, but then who knows!! 

Thats a good question.

I'd hope you'd get a full refund if you tested positive.

But then this is LCFC....

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The difference is that for all the NHS know you could be using your dog to do the test at home. 

The most ridiculous thing is that you don't even need to do the test and just send the barcode in and say it is negative.  Massively flawed. 

8 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Yeah, I agree that the confirmation texts/emails appear to be the same for at home/on-site testing. But it’s not worth the risk, just in case they have some way of telling the difference. Just get it booked in.

1 minute ago, lcfcfem said:

The most ridiculous thing is that you don't even need to do the test and just send the barcode in and say it is negative.  Massively flawed. 

It's only massively flawed if people try to cheat the system. Majority will want to genuinely know if they have Covid or not. 

• Like 3

Just now, UniFox21 said:

It's only massively flawed if people try to cheat the system. Majority will want to genuinely know if they have Covid or not. 

If there is one thing we can guarantee it's that people cannot be trusted. 

Why would they go to all of this effort and then create a test situation where the results can be completely fabricated?