Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

Just now, Ricey said:

There won't be time for a ballot. The queue system is effectively a ballot anyway as it randomly places you.

True. It’s going to be a bit of a nightmare one way or another with people being unhappy whatever happens. I do feel the most sensible option is just to leave it as is until the last possible minute as they most likely will sell out anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

True. It’s going to be a bit of a nightmare one way or another with people being unhappy whatever happens. I do feel the most sensible option is just to leave it as is until the last possible minute as they most likely will sell out anyway. 

Says someone who has a ticket! Why shouldn't people with 300/301 points have the opportunity to get a ticket now?

I already have my ticket as I had 309 points.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Says someone who has a ticket! Why shouldn't people with 300/301 points have the opportunity to get a ticket now?

The sentence before literally says it'll be a nightmare whatever is chosen.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

Because as others have said 301 means season ticket holders who have been to the community shield and that is a lot of people fighting over less than 50 tickets. It’ll cause chaos and the vast majority will miss out anyway. Plus with so few tickets they will almost certainly sell out at 302+ anyway and people with those points  above those with 301 in the queue 

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The sentence before literally says it'll be a nightmare whatever is chosen.

16 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Because as others have said 301 means season ticket holders who have been to the community shield and that is a lot of people fighting over less than 50 tickets. It’ll cause chaos and the vast majority will miss out anyway. Plus with so few tickets they will almost certainly sell out at 302+ anyway and people with those points  above those with 301 in the queue 

I think those on 302+ points have had plenty of time to buy their tickets. But the FoxesTalk ticket police want to deny those on 300/301 points the chance of getting a ticket. :(

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I think those on 302+ points have had plenty of time to buy their tickets. But the FoxesTalk ticket police want to deny those on 300/301 points the chance of getting a ticket. :(

Not really. I don’t care at all who gets the last few tickets. As you say I’ve already got mine. All I’m saying it will be a nightmare to release 50 tickets to potentially thousands of people. I can see why they aren’t doing it. Also if it does sell out on 302+ doesn’t that show that they’ve handled the priority groups correctly?

8 minutes ago, Dawko said:

How many Leicester fans could have gone if it wasn't for this Covid shit? 
25 thousand or more?

I think even in normal times our allocation would not be massive.

Probably not enough even for every ST holder to buy one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

All I’m saying it will be a nightmare to release 50 tickets to potentially thousands of people.

Also if it does sell out on 302+ doesn’t that show that they’ve handled the priority groups correctly?

Don't see how it's a nightmare for the 50 who get a ticket. Why is it any more difficult whether there's 70 in the queue or 7000? When they're gone, they're gone.

If it does sell out at 302 then they've managed it perfectly.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Thought it was 30k per team, we have 24k st holders.

12 minutes ago, Dawko said:

How many Leicester fans could have gone if it wasn't for this Covid shit? 
25 thousand or more?

28,000 was the allocation for the last final with full capacity

6 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Reply to the email I sent to my local MP asking if it was genuinely government policy that all those with an LE postcode had to travel by coach (when the 3,600 figure was being speculated on)...

B5B4B2DE-5535-43AF-85B9-360C0B9D7905.jpeg

So basically the club has lied to us and someone down there needs to be held to account

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Thought it was 30k per team, we have 24k st holders.

yeah looks about right actually mate. In 2018 and 2019 each team received 28000 tickets. I thought it was a bit lower than that but I stand corrected.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think they’d probably have to do a ballot to drop it down further with so few tickets available. It would be chaos otherwise. 300 and 301 will have a lot of people in.

Rough sum of numbers for 300 point limit, 23,000 current season ticket holders, not all will have max points due to small turnover of season tickets per season say for example 2000 new STH over the 6 years leaves 21,000 Eligible STH 

5,000 eligible STH will have Spurs tickets leaves 16,000 

remove 6,000 already having Fa Cup tickets leaves 10,000 

remove 50% for under 16’s not eligible for tickets leaves 5,000 

Obviously not a perfect working out just rough figures and estimations 

so possibly 5000 people going for 50 odd tickets at the 300 point limit

I get that there will be a lot of people on 301 points and most will miss out, but I’d just like to know whether they plan to open it any further and If so, when! If you have 302 you’ve had ages to buy so why shouldn’t those on 301 get the chance to at least try! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Reply to the email I sent to my local MP asking if it was genuinely government policy that all those with an LE postcode had to travel by coach (when the 3,600 figure was being speculated on)...

Really hope people remember some of this when we're praising everything at the club. If this was Arsenal or another club with twattish owners they'd be rightly absolutely blasted for it. Nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Disgusting.

Get this pinned, get it to Union FS and lets get these questions answered.

So much for all those arse licking the club.

5 minutes ago, Illusion35 said:

I get that there will be a lot of people on 301 points and most will miss out, but I’d just like to know whether they plan to open it any further and If so, when! If you have 302 you’ve had ages to buy so why shouldn’t those on 301 get the chance to at least try! 

It was clear on Friday that the demand wasn't really there in 302. It took a few hours to sell about 900 tickets.

It was a no brainer to open up the 450 tickets this morning to 300 or 301 and get them gone.

I spoke to the ticket office at 4.55 when there was 5 minutes left before they shut and they had 10 tickets left, as they'd had for the last two hours or so, and even then they refused to sell a single ticket at 301.

I asked what would happen to those 10 tickets and they said they would just go unsold.

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Really hope people remember some of this when we're praising everything at the club. If this was Arsenal or another club with twattish owners they'd be rightly absolutely blasted for it. Nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Disgusting.

Get this pinned, get it to Union FS and lets get these questions answered.

So much for all those arse licking the club.

See this is the other extreme. We have those who praise absolutely everything and those who jump at every opportunity to criticise. 

The club absolutely need picking up on this if what the MP says is fully true. Even if it isn't, we need that clarification in future on what has been decided and why. I hope UFS and Foxes Trust are able to escalate this and get a proper answer from the club. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

See this is the other extreme. We have those who praise absolutely everything and those who jump at every opportunity to criticise. 

The club absolutely need picking up on this if what the MP says is fully true. Even if it isn't, we need that clarification in future on what has been decided and why. I hope UFS and Foxes Trust are able to escalate this and get a proper answer from the club. 

The questions should have been answered ages ago. The club have handled this poorly, I can't see how anyone can suggest otherwise, it's been a sham from start to finish.

Me and Dan don't criticise at every opportunity btw, we've been very vocal on here and in real life of how good this club is run, on many occasions.

From that email (I’ve re read the wording several times) it’s impossible to know what the MP is saying without the context of the original email. He’s saying what was stated in the original email was wrong and is saying that not everyone has to travel by coach (never been the case. He’s also saying that 3600 tickets have been sold as a coach package but hasn’t said whether or not that was what the club was given to sell.

Long story short without seeing the original email the MP is referring to that email could be interpreted anyway you like.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

From that email (I’ve re read the wording several times) it’s impossible to know what the MP is saying without the context of the original email. He’s saying what was stated in the original email was wrong and is saying that not everyone has to travel by coach (never been the case. He’s also saying that 3600 tickets have been sold as a coach package but hasn’t said whether or not that was what the club was given to sell.

Long story short without seeing the original email the MP is referring to that email could be interpreted anyway you like.

This was my email to him (I put it earlier in this thread as a template for others if they wanted):

Hello Edward,

I hope you are well.

I’m writing to you to request more details about the government’s stance on travel for Leicester City supporters attending the FA Cup Final at Wembley on Saturday 15th May.

Initial information released by the club was that all supporters with an LE postcode had been mandated by the government to travel on coach only only and not other modes of transport (such as train or car).

As my local government representative, can you please provide some additional clarity on the government’s policy for this event, specifically with reference to mode of transport?

Speculation online has recently suggested that in actual fact only 3,600 of the 6,250 need to travel by coach and that the club has been deceitful in saying that the government had mandated all with an LE postcode (which includes myself and my father). If this is found to be the case, what will the government be doing to hold the club accountable for misrepresenting the truth on government policy.

Thanks,

• Like 2