Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

Just now, stripeyfox said:

OK, just for my own clarity

PCR Test - is the one you can do at home (the boxed NHS branded kits you pick up at the chemist)

LFT Test - It the "proper" test you go to a testing site fo

Is that correct?

PCR test is the one you can do at a testing site or at home to send off, that takes a day to come back.

The LFT is the test you can pick up at the chemist or go to the assisted site that gives the result in 30mins to an hour. 

The latter is what we need to do to get into the ground. 

1 minute ago, GlennyFox55 said:

The PCR test isn’t a requirement to get into the ground, it sounds like they should be sending them out to us?

I believe if your LFT is positive you contact the club and get a full refund.

No the PCR test isn't a requirement to get into the ground, but it's requested we complete one for the ERP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

OK, just for my own clarity

PCR Test - is the one you can do at home (the boxed NHS branded kits you pick up at the chemist)

LFT Test - It the "proper" test you go to a testing site fo

Is that correct?

no, you’ve got it the wrong way round. The lateral flow tests are the quick ones and the PCR tests are the ‘proper’ ones.

However, the LF tests can also be done at testing centres, which they’re asking us specifically to do. I’ve booked one in at the Melton Polish Club for Friday evening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

no, you’ve got it the wrong way round. The lateral flow tests are the quick ones and the PCR tests are the ‘proper’ ones.

However, the LF tests can also be done at testing centres, which they’re asking us specifically to do. I’ve booked one in at the Melton Polish Club for Friday evening.

Got it (well I was almost right!:D)

Yes, i've got one booked at the Polish Club on Friday morning. Last time I was up there was for an 18th birthday party back in about 1990!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

My son's entire school year have been sent home to isolate this morning after a small cluster of positive cases.

I might make him live in the shed until Saturday!lol 

I’ve heard about this! 

I’m bricking it a bit. It’d be just my luck to avoid the virus for a year and then pick it up a couple of days before the cup final!

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I’ve heard about this! 

I’m bricking it a bit. It’d be just my luck to avoid the virus for a year and then pick it up a couple of days before the cup final!

my thoughts exactly! lol If I catch Covid off the little sod I'm going to spend Saturday afternoon smashing his xbox up!

According to the school:

"This email is to inform you that we have received another positive coronavirus case in the Year 8 'bubble', this morning, totalling 4 cases in the bubble within the last 6 day period."

I realise it is a small thing in the overall grand scheme of things but I regret slightly that we won't be getting a "proper" ticket.

Like many others, I have old ticket stubs from loads of big events in the past, previous League Cup Finals, concerts, England internationals etc. It is a shame we won't have a "proper" ticket to proudly display. 

But maybe the days of old style ticket stubs are in the past

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I realise it is a small thing in the overall grand scheme of things but I regret slightly that we won't be getting a "proper" ticket.

Like many others, I have old ticket stubs from loads of big events in the past, previous League Cup Finals, concerts, England internationals etc. It is a shame we won't have a "proper" ticket to proudly display. 

But maybe the days of old style ticket stubs are in the past

The ticket means a lot.

The big Music gigs are like that now, too.

I’d pay extra to have a card ticket sent through as well, even if it wasn’t required to get you access to the game/concert.

Edited by hamptonfox

3 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

The ticket means a lot.

The big Music gigs are like that now, too.

I’d pay extra to have a card ticket sent through as well, even if it wasn’t required to get you access to the game/concert.

I wondered if this might be a "thing" in the future. You pay the entry fee and get a paper ticket and pay an extra tenner or whatever for the "souvenier" ticket

55 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I wondered if this might be a "thing" in the future. You pay the entry fee and get a paper ticket and pay an extra tenner or whatever for the "souvenier" ticket

Paper ticket days are numbered surely, it will be your phone,watch whatever device you have that will get you in a few years from now.

Wembley tickets are normally huge and a right pain to put in a pocket if you haven’t got anywhere else for it.

Yeah another 450 fans who aren't constrained to coach travel. At this point I've basically written the coach money off and am going to make my own travel arrangements despite what the club says.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bart said:

Yeah another 450 fans who aren't constrained to coach travel. At this point I've basically written the coach money off and am going to make my own travel arrangements despite what the club says.

Plus the absolute deadline for completing the ERP was 5pm today, so that was a load of cobblers too.

• Like 1