Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So covid test at a test centre and then the ERP form. Nothing else they need or am I missing something? 

I think a negative lateral flow text for entry too. But I may be wrong because I am getting very confused with it all this morning.

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I think a negative lateral flow text for entry too. But I may be wrong because I am getting very confused with it all this morning.

Presumably the test centre where we've booked will send us the text message to say the result 

Just now, idoesthis said:

What pubs in Wembley are Leicester fans going to? 

I managed to get a booking at the Torch a couple of weeks back but heard it's a "Chelsea" pub - probably be street drinking, bottles/cans from off licence I reckon 

1 hour ago, Lesterlad said:

I would imagine the operational staff are the ones stewading the coaches etc 

Yes I think that’s probably right. It’s a big operation so obviously they will need some staff to get people onto coaches, etc

Still doesn’t really explain why those staff would need to travel down to London as well (doesn’t Wembley have its own staff who could handle the return leg?) nor why they would get tickets to watch the game… 

8 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Yes I think that’s probably right. It’s a big operation so obviously they will need some staff to get people onto coaches, etc

Still doesn’t really explain why those staff would need to travel down to London as well (doesn’t Wembley have its own staff who could handle the return leg?) nor why they would get tickets to watch the game… 

They will work on the coaches and then go to watch the game, the cost of the ticket will come out of their wages for the game. I do know for a fact some of them arent Leicester fans and support ither clubs.

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Really can’t get why someone would give up there opportunities to go to a FA Cup final just because they have to sit on a bus for a couple of hours. I mean I’d walk there if it was the only option!

Maybe because they don't want to be a guinea pig in a covid hot box for 5 or 6 hours? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Everyone tested, low community rates, social distancing. I would say the chances of catching anything is next to 0. 

Perhaps somewhat true but still more chance than if you drive down. 

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Perhaps somewhat true but still more chance than if you drive down. 

It all depends. A lot more variables with driving yourself. Stopping a long the way, parking and getting the tube, giving people lifts etc. I feel there’s very little chance with either to be honest. I just can’t understand what would make someone cancel a ticket just because they don’t fancy the coach. 

14 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Maybe because they don't want to be a guinea pig in a covid hot box for 5 or 6 hours? 

Yet they'll be a guinea pig in a ground/concourse/pub?  

Being on a socially distanced coach is significantly nicer than what it used to be. 

Edited by UniFox21

28 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Really can’t get why someone would give up there opportunities to go to a FA Cup final just because they have to sit on a bus for a couple of hours. I mean I’d walk there if it was the only option!

Oh it was a difficult decision. I'm pretty claustrophobic at the best of times and avoid buses/trains/planes as much as possible. (I've been on a plane once in the last 17 years)

I weighed it up and thought I'd watch at home with my son instead as he is younger than 16 and couldn't go.

Now I have the chance to drive I feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Oh it was a difficult decision. I'm pretty claustrophobic at the best of times and avoid buses/trains/planes as much as possible. (I've been on a plane once in the last 17 years)

I weighed it up and thought I'd watch at home with my son instead as he is younger than 16 and couldn't go.

Now I have the chance to drive I feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing.

With you on that one. Couldn't take my 15 yr old and 12 yr old, so was going to watch it at home with them. Got a ticket this morning and am travelling down with a mate - feel much more relaxed and positive about it!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Wembley really is shit for pubs isn't it 

It really is!! :thumbdown:

We use to go to 2 pubs in Harrow on the Hill, (Moon on the Hill, and The Fat Controller). Not sure if they will be open though. 

1 hour ago, vadera69 said:

I managed to get a booking at the Torch a couple of weeks back but heard it's a "Chelsea" pub - probably be street drinking, bottles/cans from off licence I reckon 

I think we’ll be street drinking as well, there’s absolutely nothing about that i can see that wasn’t already booked up / too far away.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Wembley really is shit for pubs isn't it 

If you drive to Stanmore to get the tube don't expect to find one in Stanmore either, there are no pubs left in Stanmore. There is a bar close to Canons Park station (next stop down from Stanmore) but it won't open until Monday as it has no outdoor area.

2 minutes ago, reginald said:

All, really sorry and this may have been asked already but getting a little panicky now!

Is it the LFT on site test or the PCR test we need to do? Both allow results to be sent via text/email. 

Lateral Flow Test has to be done at a test site between Thursday 14:15 and matchday.

The PCR tests are being sent to your home address on matchday and 5 days after. You do the PCR test at home and send it off.

• Like 1