Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Leicester City v Manchester City pre-match

5 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Twitter seems to think Söyüncü is either positive for COVID or is isolating due to a close contact in the Turkey national team. Either way he probably misses West Ham next week too, if true.

Ricardo probably not risked from the start

Was Cags partner at centre back vs Norway

14 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Based on that guy's tweet you'd think Amartey and Albrighton come in:

Schmeichel

Amartey Fofana Evans

Albrighton Tielemans Ndidi Castagne

Pérez

Vardy Iheanacho

I personally would put Castagne at right back with Thomas to left back, leaving Dan on the bench. Albrighton can play on either wing as required. 

26 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Twitter seems to think Söyüncü is either positive for COVID or is isolating due to a close contact in the Turkey national team. Either way he probably misses West Ham next week too, if true.

Ricardo probably not risked from the start

Strange about cags if true as west Brom centre mid was with the national team and played today... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Strange about cags if true as west Brom centre mid was with the national team and played today... 

They could be room mates or something I guess, only reason I can think of one being allowed out and the other having to self isolate :dunno:

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Doubt it's rubbish - supposed list of Turkey players who are positive:

İrfan Can Kahveci
Nazım Sangare
Zeki Çelik
Yusuf Yazıcı
Emre Kılınç
Taylan Antalyalı
Cenk Tosun
Dorukhan Toköz
Enes Ünal
Çağlar Söyüncü
Kenan Karaman
Merih Demiral
Kaan Ayhan

Ffs!

Sounds like he is indeed positive. If so, I think we could fly him back here on a medically secure flight and have him isolate here?

Anyone know the isolation requirements in Turkey? Would be looking at 10-14 days and surely he had his test on Wednesday at the latest, results in Thursday? Hopefully will only miss this and West Ham and be available for the semi-final

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

If that list is true, firstly it makes the whole international merry-go-round look the Russian Roulette exercise in absurdity that it is, and secondly, just shows how very contagious this condition is, and might explain the caution around re-opening grounds etc.

DISCLAIMER - I am not a fan of our government.

To be fair, it could've been worse - this is the only outbreak I've heard of from this international break, among lots of camps from lots of different countries.

At least the testing regime has done its job, and ensured Cags hasn't come back and infected our lot too.

• Like 2

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

To be fair, it could've been worse - this is the only outbreak I've heard of from this international break, among lots of camps from lots of different countries.

At least the testing regime has done its job, and ensured Cags hasn't come back and infected our lot too.

Whilst you're right, if it can happen that easily within a supposedly confined group, imagine the carnage if 32,500 or so totally well-meaning but slightly (collectively) ignorant people descended on the KP right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Whilst you're right, if it can happen that easily within a supposedly confined group, imagine the carnage if 32,500 or so totally well-meaning but slightly (collectively) ignorant people descended on the KP right now.

I think the point there would be that there is far less contact between supporters than with 23 players living, eating and training with each other for a 10-11 day period, and for the majority of the 2 hours ish we spend in the ground, we're in open air where transmission is greatly reduced.

Someone in the Kop is clearly not going to infect someone in the Family Stand, too.

And with vaccines, transmission will just become a thing that we slowly accept. People will get infected, but not get severe illness.

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

I think the point there would be that there is far less contact between supporters than with 23 players living, eating and training with each other for a 10-11 day period, and for the majority of the 2 hours ish we spend in the ground, we're in open air where transmission is greatly reduced.

Someone in the Kop is clearly not going to infect someone in the Family Stand, too.

And with vaccines, transmission will just become a thing that we slowly accept. People will get infected, but not get severe illness.

I'm unwilling to challenge what you just said, because I don't know better and don't want an argument either. But I doubt that your initial point here would stand up to medical scrutiny.

We've actually done really well to not be affected directly by Covid this season in terms of player unavailability, very frustrating that it happens when they go away internationally. Hope his symptoms are mild and he makes a quick recovery if indeed he is positive.

Amartey has stepped up before and we need him to do it again.