Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Leicester City v Manchester City pre-match

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

I think its only ok to drop points if the teams chasing us drop points.

If our players go into this thinking "free hit" we could suffer a big defeat.

Absolutely no chance Brendan or our players are thinking this is a free hit. They are thinking it's a game than can be won, albeit a difficult challenge, but they've beaten them once this season so why not again.

I'm not confident, but I've been a fan for too long for confidence, but I'll bet they are, and rightly so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

Absolutely no chance Brendan or our players are thinking this is a free hit. They are thinking it's a game than can be won, albeit a difficult challenge, but they've beaten them once this season so why not again.

I'm not confident, but I've been a fan for too long for confidence, but I'll bet they are, and rightly so.

I wasn't really suggesting our players thought this way but a number on here have that attitude and just saying its the wrong one!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Royston. said:

I wasn't really suggesting our players thought this way but a number on here have that attitude and just saying its the wrong one!

Fans having the free hit attitude isn't a surprise, Man City are currently one of the best teams anywhere and not many fans, of any club will understandably have much confidence when facing them. Your statement directly referenced the players having this attitude too, which they will not IMO.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

They won't be thinking it's a free hit, but on the face of it, it kind of is.

No doubt about it, today will be a very tough challenge and although we beat them earlier in the season, that day they had Ake and Garcia at the back, today they'll have a rejuvenated Stones and Dias. Just hope that Stones' mistake the other night will weigh him down :D

Regardless of the result today, next week is undoubtedly a bigger game and even bigger if we drop points today and West Ham don't.

Looking purely at this weekends fixtures I'll be delighted with a point, West ham have a tough enough trip to Wolves on Monday night. 

Edited by Jimbo

40 minutes ago, Royston. said:

I think its only ok to drop points if the teams chasing us drop points.

If our players go into this thinking "free hit" we could suffer a big defeat.

I strongly suspect they'll be doing anything but thinking, as some appear to be on this forum, that it's a free hit. It's negative speak on here but disastrous in the dressing room.

And if Rodgers has anything to do with it, he'll be asking every player to do their utmost to win. It's about self-respect and the belief we can match them. This doesn't mean to try to go toe-to-toe with them, but to match them in football intelligence. A good result here today will leave the team and the other contenders for both the CL places and the Cup, knowing they have a real fight on their hands to best us. I believe a corner has been turned in Rodger's selection and subbing possibilities.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

We get it, there's a huge question mark over strategy, formation and tactics as to how we start this game.

Whilst totally relevant, the real question is how quickly we make those changes during the game.

The adaptations during gameplay and how quickly we make them are going to sort this one out and as we've seen throughout this season, we're not short on plans anymore. 

And not short on players either - this is the first time in months a team presents itself without the need to ask players to adapt or to take on a job they can't quite do. I hope, as you do, that Rodgers makes changes when they are necessary. If Perez is demonstrably off the pace during the first half then Maddison needs to come on. That trio heading the attack is the critical section - that is unless our defence manages to dominate their attack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Fans having the free hit attitude isn't a surprise, Man City are currently one of the best teams anywhere and not many fans, of any club will understandably have much confidence when facing them. Your statement directly referenced the players having this attitude too, which they will not IMO.

I said "if" the players....

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

Yes it's a fairly new thing, it was always been  Man City  until recently.  

Its always been " who City got today" or " You going down the City " . My biggest bugbear at the minute is Stringer and his constant calling us the Foxes which has spread to all the Radio Leicester presenters .😬

Well then I stand corrected. I should caveat with saying I've spent the last 10 years living in various parts of the north, so my view is warped. 

2 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Jamie to lead high press, target Stones. Please do not plan to try and defend for 90 minutes, as we often conceed in first 5 mins when we set up to do that. Could be a long afternoon. Everything crossed.

Remind me how that went at the etihaad last time .....

35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So big Dan in the back three like the first game .....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Twitter seems to think Söyüncü is either positive for COVID or is isolating due to a close contact in the Turkey national team. Either way he probably misses West Ham next week too, if true.

Ricardo probably not risked from the start

Fvcking internationals!

Maybe 442 diamond?

Edited by WigstonWanderer