Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Leicester City v Manchester City pre-match

Schmeichel 

Fofana

Evans

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielemans

Castagne

Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Albrighton, Perez 

Would rather start madders than bring him on if not fit for the 90 mins. Bench looking a lot stronger than a few weeks back 🙌

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Maddison likely to be a sub then which is a great option to have, we now have 2 attacking players + Albrighton or Ricardo to come on which makes things feel a little more comfortable.

At least Fuchs will have somebody within half his age next to him on the bench too.

• Haha 1

Wes Morgan and Sidnei Tavares are also back in first team training ahead of this one. Leaves us with just the three absentees - Justin, Barnes and Under

Although from the training video, appears to be no Fuchs either. Late to return from internationals are Ndidi, Iheanacho, Mendy, Fofana, Soyuncu, Schmeichel and Evans.

Edited by jeffschlupp
  • Like 3

Do these people listen to the whole press conference? I'm sure he was asked a similar question by three different people.

Loved his reaction to Stringer asking how he gets Maddison in- the Pearson-like pause and look, the "what the **** is this?" moment.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, weller54 said:

DeBryne, Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus all out for them on Sunday!!

Irrespective of this being posted pre midday on April 1st, (and the Sunday bit), they could play foden, silva, aguero  and gundogan in those four positions ...... is that really much weaker ???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Irrespective of this being posted pre midday on April 1st, (and the Sunday bit), they could play foden, silva, aguero  and gundogan in those four positions ...... is that really much weaker ???

Frightening isn't it! I mean that's practically a first choice world beating A-team rather than an 'off the bench squad depth of players!'

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

4 hours ago, Nick said:

Frightening isn't it! I mean that's practically a first choice world beating A-team rather than an 'off the bench squad depth of players!'

Indeed. That's the thing with Man City, 20 of their 25 man squad are 1st team quality. Most clubs have a recognised 1st team and then a squad to back that up. A few clubs have a small selection of that squad who are as good. Man City basically have a 1st team squad.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah rare of him to say so, here's some quotes:

Ndidi ability

"He is. You see all the players. Justin now is injured now unfortunately, for him especially I am so sorry, but all of them have an amount of quality. Ndidi is doing really well. Tielemans is a top, top class player. I remember when I arrive my first season and Vincent Kompany started speaking about him when he was in the national team for Belgium how good he was in that period. Vincent as always he was right. Top, top club, players are quality. They can play when you defend deep they have the quality to find the sources and when the space to move in behind, especially Vardy and Kelechi right now.

Top class team. We have eight games left, for them nine, and they are third in the Premier League so it means they have done incredibly well, incredible. But not just this season last season as well. In the previous ones they were champions with Ranieri time ago and since then they have always been there. They lose players but they rebuild the team. They continue to be so solid, so competitive, they have my admiration for all the club. It's not just for a half season, one season, it's for a long time really well."

Leicester tactics

"Leicester can play in different ways. They play with four in the back, they can play five, they can play two strikers, they can play one striker. They can play incredible, they can play up because of this goalkeeper he has, the ability to find Vardy. The wing-backs especially, the people in between like Tieleman or Ayoze or Maddison, they have the quality to do this. They can play in different ways.

What I'm thinking I don't know. I'm just going to say the teams or my players to prepare for anything that can happen. They can high press like United, they can sit back like they did here, I don't know. So Brendan knows the team and the mood, the momentum that they have, to decide what they are going to do. It is in our hands to adjust, adapt and impose what we want to do."

Iheanacho improvement

"Incredible. The quality was there, he was a young player here and I believe in that moment with Gabriel and Sergio we didn't have much space. He is a fantastic person, we had a good relationship, and I'm delighted it's going well lately. He's playing for the injured Maddison and he links really well with the midfield and he's good in the behind, he's fast and in the final third he has the right tempo, he is so clear in front of the goal.

On Leicester

"The same I think over the last five, six years.So I have to admit since Brendan Rodgers took over the team it's been incredible. I remember perfectly clearly he took over the team and after one week, 10 days, the team made me go 'wow.' The change was completely different to the previous manager and they are doing really well. Last season maybe because of the lock down they had an incredible chance to qualify for the Champions League but in the end they could not do it. They are in an incredible position again this season. So that means that it's not for one year. The last five years they are working really well. In the scouting department. It's a serious team already. It's a contender every season. Top manager, top players, a big, big challenge for us tomorrow."

Significance of 5-2 defeat

"No. Leicester game to West Brom there are many, many games in a few months. They were incredibly well organised and we struggled to attack them. We concede three penalties against that team it's almost impossible. I know they can beat us. Maybe not in that way but Leicester are a top class team. You see the players they have, even the depth of the squad. I am impressed. We can be beaten. We were beaten and I congratulate them but it was a long time ago. It was a long Many things happen. We have to see today how the players have come back. Because every day is a new situation to adjust. I think everybody is fit, no injuries which is so important, the tests are negative is so important too. Tomorrow we prepare for the game because now the last two months every game is a final because we are close to winning the Premier League and the three other competitions we have, every game will be a final. I think the team will feel that and we're ready to try."

Very respectful. No doubt someone will find fault.

• Like 4