Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Leicester City v Manchester City pre-match

We get it, there's a huge question mark over strategy, formation and tactics as to how we start this game.

Whilst totally relevant, the real question is how quickly we make those changes during the game.

The adaptations during gameplay and how quickly we make them are going to sort this one out and as we've seen throughout this season, we're not short on plans anymore. 

• Like 1

Man City are just called City by pretty much everyone else. A big part of that is because the Manchester name was loooong taken by Man United. Whereas we're a one club county and nobody else called Leicester. 

If anyone asks me who I support, I always say Leicester. I made my peace with that. Don't let it wind you up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Nick said:

Frightening isn't it! I mean that's practically a first choice world beating A-team rather than an 'off the bench squad depth of players!'

What's mad is the FA cup allows for 5 players to be subbed (or at least did in the last round). If that continues to the final then they can basically swap out half their outfield players, A-team for an A-team. Who ever thought that was fair needs to be fired. It's barely fair for Chelsea let alone Southampton or us.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Man City are just called City by pretty much everyone else. A big part of that is because the Manchester name was loooong taken by Man United. Whereas we're a one club county and nobody else called Leicester. 

If anyone asks me who I support, I always say Leicester. I made my peace with that. Don't let it wind you up. 

No, that's really not true. I'm part of a big Leicester family and no one refers to the Manchester club as 'City'. Do you think they do in Stoke, Cardiff, Norwich, Bristol and others? They get wound up by it in Bristol, I can confirm. 

Its a media driven thing. Don't become part of the Sky marketing bollox. 

Ps. 'Leicester' is a rugby club. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

No, that's really not true. I'm part of a big Leicester family and no one refers to the Manchester club as 'City'. Do you think they do in Stoke, Cardiff, Norwich, Bristol and others? They get wound up by it in Bristol, I can confirm. 

Its a media driven thing. Don't become part of the Sky marketing bollox. 

Ps. 'Leicester' is a rugby club. 

Yes it's a fairly new thing, it was always been  Man City  until recently.  

Its always been " who City got today" or " You going down the City " . My biggest bugbear at the minute is Stringer and his constant calling us the Foxes which has spread to all the Radio Leicester presenters .😬

Pottering around the house and have Sky Sports News on in the background. 

There are two games on Sky today.

Game one: The Premier League leaders playing the team that sit in 3rd, in a game which is crucial for the Champions League run

Game two: The team 7th is playing the team in 9th.

Guess which of the two games Sky has focused on more, even creating a stand-alone advert for it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

God I hate my inability to look at this game objectively.

Me, straight after our last game: Ah well, Man City next. They beat everyone, you can't compete with their spending, so it's a free hit, but I expect nothing. Hope we don't get thrashed.

Me yesterday: You know, we're pretty decent on our day and our Nigerian and Belgian players are in brilliant form, so if we play well and things go our way, we have every chance.

Me this morning: I reckon we are going to do this - Man City have to rotate for Europe, we don't, and some of the pundits favour us. That's it, I'm putting money on us beating them...

Me at 17:29 today:  COME ON YOU BLOOOOOOOOS, WE ARE GONNA THRASH THEM AGAIN, BLUE ARMEH  :scarf::scarf::scarf:

You at 19.15 today: "Oh, why did I only put a fiver on..."

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Yes it's a fairly new thing, it was always been  Man City  until recently.  

Its always been " who City got today" or " You going down the City " . My biggest bugbear at the minute is Stringer and his constant calling us the Foxes which has spread to all the Radio Leicester presenters .😬

From the Matrix: Stringer is a virus

50 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Pottering around the house and have Sky Sports News on in the background. 

There are two games on Sky today.

Game one: The Premier League leaders playing the team that sit in 3rd, in a game which is crucial for the Champions League run

Game two: The team 7th is playing the team in 9th.

Guess which of the two games Sky has focused on more, even creating a stand-alone advert for it?

Tired of making the point but each of the teams in 7th and ninth have a fan base larger than us and Man City put together ..... sky are not a charity ......... 

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Free hit, anything we can get today takes pressure off the last three games.

I think its only ok to drop points if the teams chasing us drop points.

If our players go into this thinking "free hit" we could suffer a big defeat.