Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Leicester City v Manchester City pre-match

12 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

The international break has definitely provided us with a slight advantage. 

Potentially 9 of their outfield first team playing midweek including loads tonight. Whilst only Evans from our 11 played tonight with Soyuncu being the only other starter playing midweek. 

Praet player midweek and I fancy him to start this one, although he missed the other two games.

Soyuncu and Tielemans are our only outfield players who played a part in all 3 games for their countries. Not sure how many Man City players played all 3. 

A good time to play them I think, straight after the break and just before their champions league game.

A low key 1-1 would be great for us moving into the last 8 games.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Praet player midweek and I fancy him to start this one, although he missed the other two games.

Soyuncu and Tielemans are our only outfield players who played a part in all 3 games for their countries. Not sure how many Man City players played all 3. 

A good time to play them I think, straight after the break and just before their champions league game.

A low key 1-1 would be great for us moving into the last 8 games.

Praet unlikely to start in my humble opinion as Perez played well v shef United and man United. Won't complain if he does though such an understed player. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if it went either way Perez or Praet,  Praet is definitely the better player and after he got through 70 minutes midweek I am hoping he is ready to start.

I’m also hopeful Maddison might get 30 minutes off the bench too.

• Like 2

Pep’s presser will be interesting 

he wasn’t pleased with the way we set up at their place and I expect he will use the PC to nudge Brendan into being a little more expansive on Saturday 

brendan should resist .....something worked v well so why change it ? Some of our personnel could also surprise if we do go down the same route 

it’s a conundrum for BR ......stay with the team that did so well against yanited or be pragmatic in pursuit of the three points as opposed to a stellar performance 

I'm confident that the team that beat Yanited will start against City (let the rage flow, all you people that cry about them being referred to as City :D)

Rodgers very rarely changes winning systems. It should give us a nice balance, the only issue is we will miss Harvey's pace that was so dangerous. Hopefully Kel's silky movement can make up for the loss of pace though.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Pep’s presser will be interesting 

he wasn’t pleased with the way we set up at their place and I expect he will use the PC to nudge Brendan into being a little more expansive on Saturday 

brendan should resist .....something worked v well so why change it ? Some of our personnel could also surprise if we do go down the same route 

it’s a conundrum for BR ......stay with the team that did so well against yanited or be pragmatic in pursuit of the three points as opposed to a stellar performance 

Would absolutely love us to beat them at their own game and then see what the little herbert comes out with.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Would absolutely love us to beat them at their own game and then see what the little herbert comes out with.

We partly did in September. There's two of the goals where we win the ball high up the pitch. One of them has Justin way out of position on the opposite flank to his own pressing their players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

DeBryne, Sterling, Mahrez and Jesus all out for them on Sunday!!

De Bruyne is always a massive worry for me. Can win any game on his own. Would’ve liked Dias out too but you can’t have everything!

We've had three PL away wins this season with a three goal margin (West Bromwich Albion, Leeds United and Manchester City). Leeds got revenge in the reverse fixture, so let's hope Manchester City don't follow suit. Southampton last season was another example of us losing at home after winning the away game by a big margin. Imo, the omens aren't very good.  

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Rodgers should, and no doubt will, take no notice of what Guardiola wants and play his own way.

We're here to do what we want, not what Man City want.

Agreed. There's a fine line between respecting the likes of Mancs and being apprehensive. Guardiola will be busy playing this down with his squad. I suspect he'll try to make this game as 'normal' as possible.

Rodgers has much the same to do, but the importance of this game and the seemingly effortless way Man City are winning will be in our lads field of vision. They know they'll have a comparatively settled side at a very high level of potency. They'll need to go out and establish a grip very quickly and with sustained aggression.

Then it's Tielemans and Wilf's job to provide a platform for the three up front. I think Youri is in the form of his life and he'll relish this encounter.

I just hope Vards will take his inevitable chance. Maybe Perez will be key in this.

There's a lot more than points to play for. Beating or holding this bunch will take us up a notch in belief.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gerblod said:

They'll need to go out and establish a grip very quickly and with sustained aggression.

I agree. That's basically how ManU surprisingly beat them last month. Vardy likes to score against this mob so it'll be a perfect time to break his current drought. 

• Like 1