Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

LEICESTER POSTS £67M PRE-TAX LOSS

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Without reading anything about this isn't most of this the training ground construction?

has a fair amount to do with it but this cost wasn’t planned to feed directly into a big loss ......if you take out the effects of the pandemic then I suspect there would have been a pre tax loss for that period of around 20m .....

52 minutes ago, dobbylcfc said:

Maybe now the wollys who’s were very vocal in Jan saying sign this player sign that player will understand why we couldn’t now but I doubt it lol

So we couldn’t have signed anybody on loan? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Read the article on the official website:

Principal costs such as the majority of the Club’s contribution to the Premier League’s broadcaster rebate, were borne in the accounts before the year-end, while the extension of the season’s conclusion has meant almost a quarter of Premier League revenues, prize money and sponsorship revenue will be not recognised as income until the 2020/21 financial year.

Such timing variances contributed to a decrease in turnover to £150M (from £178.4M in 2019).

It’s quite clearly saying that these figures don’t include 1/4 of the premier league prize money and a load of sponsorship and do include the rebate clubs had to pay to the tv companies (which will be the biggest loss for all of them - ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean in comparison). 

To come out of that just £67m down is a very reassuring outcome. In terms of turnover, the difference year on year is £28.4m (hardly a huge deficit to need to make up in today’s world).

The £67m headline can look scary but look at it a bit closer and it doesn’t seem so bad. Yes, champions league football

will help but it’s not critical like some are making out.

Sell a Hamza Choudhury and get Fuchs and Morgan off the wage bill and you’ve probably covered that £28.4m deficit in turnover. When the tv money comes along for next season it will be there to spend and we’ll still be able to invest in players.

Strange as the rebate was deferred to this season. 

1 hour ago, dobbylcfc said:

Maybe now the wollys who’s were very vocal in Jan saying sign this player sign that player will understand why we couldn’t now but I doubt it lol

Omg you mean they couldn't use the £70 from Season ticket renewals?

Though if you're using that attitude then explain why, as it clearly states in the report, we still bought in Perez, Praet, Justin and Tielemans...

Damn wollys :facepalm:

Edited by Fox92

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Strange as the rebate was deferred to this season. 

Cash wise maybe but if it related to 2019/20 income it needs to be in the 19/20 accounts.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Which accounts did the Maguire money feature in as I thought it was meant to be this one? It didn't feature in 2019 I believe?

Yes should be 19/20 as he was sold after 31 May.

I wouldn’t read too much into the headline loss figures, if anything the cash flow will be what I’m looking at.

Even that is fairly pointless - the Balance Sheet is already 9 Months old and in the Covid world that is a lifetime. The P&L is based off an accounting period that started nearly 2 years ago now.

Also worth remembering the enormous cost to our P&L of Slimani and Silva - say we were paying them each £60k/week when they were on loan, plus we’re amortising their transfer fees - that’s got to be a “loss” of £15-20m last year on those two alone.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Mad then that turnover was 150m and over half of that would be accounted for by Maguire?

It won’t be classed as turnover

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The club said the settlement of a legal dispute also contributed to admin expenses increasing by £5.7 million to £23.9 million.

Any ideas?

Fighting Barca to hold onto Tavares

• Like 1
  • Haha 1