Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

LEICESTER POSTS £67M PRE-TAX LOSS

Just now, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

For comparison, other PL accounts. Everton lost £140m, Southampton £75m, Brighton £67m, West Ham £65m, Spurs £64m, Arsenal £48m. Honestly dont read into this too much. We have been quite unfortunate, in that we have been trying to build our club and progress massively, and then a pandemic has happened. We will be fine. 

Great Post. No one will pay any attention to it though.

• Like 3

The 105% wages of turnover simply cannot be true. Look at the figures, our wages somehow grew by about 25% but we sold Maguire who was one of our highest earners, moved on a number of other fringe players too. Rodgers must be on £20m a year 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The 105% wages of turnover simply cannot be true. Look at the figures, our wages somehow grew by about 25% but we sold Maguire who was one of our highest earners, moved on a number of other fringe players too. Rodgers must be on £20m a year 😂😂

tbh it doesnt really matter even if it is true. Because if it is the club have been operating in the knowledge that this is the case. The only issue we have had financially is the pandemic giving us (and everyone else) the biggest rodding ever dished out. Either way, the people in charge will know what they have to do to recover. Also doesnt everyone actually get a lot more tv money this year, because they bumped up the deal to show near enough every game?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

What a club! I'd rather not signing players and even missing out on the Champions League to support a club who actually cares about their staff and people in their local area.

Very noble, and of course you are correct.

I, however, live in Nottingham and I'd kill everyone in my local area if it meant we reached the knockout stages

• Haha 3

Given every one of our home league games is currently being shown live in the UK, does our pitch-side/stadium advertising revenue not increase from say a typical season with far less exposure that say 10 minutes on MOTD? (when not shown live on Sky or BT).

23 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Omg you mean they couldn't use the £70 from Season ticket renewals?

Though if you're using that attitude then explain why, as it clearly states in the report, we still bought in Perez, Praet, Justin and Tielemans...

Damn wollys :facepalm:

Just have a look on FB pages mate they were everywhere all I was trying to say is that in this pandemic we don’t have the money to throw away on Erickson Costa and some the others that were suggested in Jan.

2 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

Just have a look on FB pages mate they were everywhere all I was trying to say is that in this pandemic we don’t have the money to throw away on Erickson Costa and some the others that were suggested in Jan.

Yeah I'm not surprised. I wasn't having a go at you btw. I don't read FB though, stay clear of that site as much as I can. There seems to be more idiots on there than anywhere else.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Given every one of our home league games is currently being shown live in the UK, does our pitch-side/stadium advertising revenue not increase from say a typical season with far less exposure that say 10 minutes on MOTD? (when not shown live on Sky or BT).

I doubt that there is a difference 

A lot of the advertising is aimed at foreign markets (as much as it is in the U.K.) where all the games are shown live in any case ....

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

the income dropped significantly to end may but the wages did not ...... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I doubt that there is a difference 

A lot of the advertising is aimed at foreign markets (as much as it is in the U.K.) where all the games are shown live in any case ....

Logical.

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's the increase in wages I'm struggling to comprehend. Doesn't seem correct to me.

The wage:turnover ratio has changed massively because of a loss of £28m in revenue, wages have only increased by £6m. When you consider we added Justin, Praet, Perez and Tielemans (four first team players) and only lost three (Okazaki, Simpson, Maguire), then gave contracts to Rodgers, Davies, Toure, Driscoll, Congerton etc., plus I believe Barnes and Choudhury were among first team players to get big extensions. On top of that many players will have incremental annual wage rises above inflation, so the wage bill is not a big deal at all.

Edited by tomfmlcfc

3 hours ago, tomfmlcfc said:

The wage:turnover ratio has changed massively because of a loss of £28m in revenue, wages have only increased by £6m. When you consider we added Justin, Praet, Perez and Tielemans (four first team players) and only lost three (Okazaki, Simpson, Maguire), then gave contracts to Rodgers, Davies, Toure, Driscoll, Congerton etc., plus I believe Barnes and Choudhury were among first team players to get big extensions. On top of that many players will have incremental annual wage rises above inflation, so the wage bill is not a big deal at all.

I've had a mare, I was comparing 2018 wages to 2020 and not 2019. That's why I couldn't fathom it. That'll teach me for looking at it last night pissed.

• Haha 1

The wage bill is going to go up again, Matty James must be about to get a new bumper 4 year offer.

The club could raise its revenue stream with sponsorship. The likes of Crystal Palace take much more in sponsorship than the internal deal with King Power delivers. So, you have to wonder how much of the losses are down to the most effective means to distribute cash and tax liability around the King Power group of companies. Company losses are also tied to asset value, which is why Twitter has reported a loss every trading year bar one but survives. Only because people perceive the asset value is greater than the debt. With LC, the asset value has grown quite nicely over the last 10 years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomfmlcfc said:

...the Directors emoluments are a stand out, being £96k in excess of the previous season!!!