Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

LEICESTER POSTS £67M PRE-TAX LOSS

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That's not fair cabbage is highly underrated and can be quite versatile too. Not to mention the relative health benefits it has.

I’m sad he never made it here. Looked a good prospect.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Top said exactly the same thing after his father died too. Shortly thereafter he fired Puel and brought Rodgers in, and since then we've finished 5th and built the best training academy in the country. Believe in KP because they know what they are doing.

We can already see how well the club is functioning . Chilwell developed through the academy and sold for 50m, with two replacements brought in for half of that in Castagne and JJ, as well as a home grown talent that looks to have even more potential in Thomas. We could make some money on Choudhury, and would get over 60m for Barnes if we sold him, which we won't. 

On the pitch we've shown we can bring in new players, change our style and create new heroes. Vardy will always be the GOAT, but since the start of the year, it's been Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans, Nacho doing the business. The rest ain't bad either.

We are going places people! Sit back and enjoy the ride! :beer:

I agree. But the family believe that the only sustainable model is a sustainable model. 

Our wage bill is likely to grow exponentially if we tie Tielemans, Ricardo, Barnes, Soyuncu to new deals over the coming months. 

Somehow, we probably need to up our revenues by 70 or 80m a season. And we'll only do that by staying at the top. Which means financing it yourself until the target is reached. You sure need nerves of steel to be in business at this level

• Like 1

Important context, so of the 67m, 46m would not have have happened without COVID. 

In terms of Covid's direct impact, #LCFC lost £13m through a TV rebate and ticket refunds/gate receipt losses. Then £33m of PL central payments and sponsorship were held over to next year's accounts because of late finish to last season.\\
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Important context, so of the 67m, 46m would not have have happened without COVID. 

In terms of Covid's direct impact, #LCFC lost £13m through a TV rebate and ticket refunds/gate receipt losses. Then £33m of PL central payments and sponsorship were held over to next year's accounts because of late finish to last season.\\

Which would have been 19m which was exactly the same as the year previous.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I agree. But the family believe that the only sustainable model is a sustainable model. 

Our wage bill is likely to grow exponentially if we tie Tielemans, Ricardo, Barnes, Soyuncu to new deals over the coming months. 

Somehow, we probably need to up our revenues by 70 or 80m a season. And we'll only do that by staying at the top. Which means financing it yourself until the target is reached. You sure need nerves of steel to be in business at this level

But will be of set by the moving on of Sliva, Slimini, and the likely retirement of Fuchs and Morgan in the summer

Edited by coolhandfox

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not going to argue with that :D

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Slimani gone saves us 90k a week, Morgan, Fuchs and Matty James likely to be on 100k a week in total if not more. Thst covers those 4 getting 50k a week pay rises. NEXT

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Drawing conclusions based on accounts are virtually a year out of date will seek to explain actions in the last year or so.

I don't think anyone expects us to spend massive net money in the transfer market, but I don't think anyone should expect a firesale either.

We only need a striker and a winger as a priority. A left sided centre half and possibly another attacking midfielder but will all depends on outgoings IMO. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

Maybe now the wollys who’s were very vocal in Jan saying sign this player sign that player will understand why we couldn’t now but I doubt it lol

...posters would not have been aware of any internal or external disputes which resulted in this £5.7m outlay!!!

We really do not need to reprise this argument over again,  we are all invested in the success of this club, points scoring can take a back seat.

6 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Thoughts and analysis from Kieran Maguire, hopefully will be more in-depth when the accounts are published 

What on earth to Burnley spend all their money on? Prior to selling, have their shareholders been taking huge dividends each year? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Thoughts and analysis from Kieran Maguire, hopefully will be more in-depth when the accounts are published 

seems to be focussing on LCFC's finance results a lot today so will hopefully be featuring us in his weekly price off football podcasts to go into more detail. some interesting figures on our commercial revenue and our wages as % of turnover jumping over 100%, although i assume the % increase is largely down to reduced revenue from the impact of Covid. 

2 hours ago, Ecdysiast said:

That's 10 million a day,  by way of context

2 hours ago, Ecdysiast said:

sorry correction... 20 million a day....

What is 10 or 20 million a day?

If you're talking about the £63m loss then either you have very short years or a shit calculator. 

If it is the loss then it's £183,562 per day.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, turlo said:

seems to be focussing on LCFC's finance results a lot today so will hopefully be featuring us in his weekly price off football podcasts to go into more detail. some interesting figures on our commercial revenue and our wages as % of turnover jumping over 100%, although i assume the % increase is largely down to reduced revenue from the impact of Covid. 

The really in depth bit will be when the accounts are published and the Swiss Ramble gets hold of it. 

18 minutes ago, turlo said:

I'm baffled how our wages have increased so much? Our average player salary is now £75k a week, surely not.