Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England's FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Euro Qualifiers.

22 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What a shambles these 2 games are like so many of the qualifiers, just a mismatched joke for the powers that be to make a few quid. Bloody rubbish. 

Surely this is the equivalent of Man Utd or Chelsea fans saying they don’t see the point in teams like Norwich being in the Premier League and we should cut it to 18 teams or make it a closed shop. Just because you support one of the big boys, doesn’t mean the little guys shouldn’t have the opportunity to compete

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wow!!..

Lets all spaff over England beating Albania!!😂..

63rd in the World aren't they?

I suppose the Muppets will be singing 'its coming home' again now?😂

I’m pleased with a semi-final and final… we are improving but whatever you can only beat what is in front of you too… first half was good regardless. It is like fighting against those that want Brendon Rodgers gone lol it is funny how you use the world ranking against England but you don’t use the same measurement for England lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

I'd rather have root canal than watch England!

Borefest!

Easy then, don’t watch. But if you don’t watch England games, maybe there is no need to come into the thread specifically designed for chatting about England games. Just a thought…

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Adrian said:

I wonder how much carbon emissions are made flying san marino around to get thumped in qualifiers?

Probably less than Brazil's 6 meaningless matches left when you factor in travelling players in and out of various european destinations.

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Probably less than Brazil's 6 meaningless matches left when you factor in travelling players in and out of various european destinations.

probably not but you wont get the BBC running a negative story about an the underdog/little man

13 hours ago, spacemunky said:

You can always count on Kane to score, against sh*t opposition.

Yep and as suspected pundits and media going large over him, shrugs off the critics to demolish Albania blah blah

He is going to break the all time record for sure we have San Marino Monday if he doesn’t get 4 then I’d be shocked. I know you can only score against what’s in front of you but looking at the record he’s only scored 5 of his 44 goals against top tier country’s and then only 3 countries as in 2 v Germany, 2 v France and 1 against Croatia the rest are lost deep down in the ranking system.

Put that against Vardy’s 7 goals 4 of which have come against top 10 countries Germany, Holland, Spain and Italy 

Which would suggest in a tournament you’d rather have Vardy on the field in the latter stage of a competition as you’ll be playing against the better teams 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Surely this is the equivalent of Man Utd or Chelsea fans saying they don’t see the point in teams like Norwich being in the Premier League and we should cut it to 18 teams or make it a closed shop. Just because you support one of the big boys, doesn’t mean the little guys shouldn’t have the opportunity to compete

I don't make that comparison because I like premier league football but don't like international football outside of the major tournaments. Yes its fine to give any team opportunities to compete but the comparison is a mile off imo. Every team in the prem has earned the right to be there and teams battling relegation can and do beat champion league teams from time to time. The correct comparison would be Salford going to the Etihad. San Marino are part time footballers it isn't a spectacle it's a farce imo, more so for the fact of national fixture conjestjon. 

34 minutes ago, Walkers said:

If you don't like international football (but pretend to be a fan when England get to the latter stages of a tournament) then just don't watch if playing countries such as Albania offends you? 

Disliking International football but telling everyone about their dislike has been the cool thing to do for years. Disliking it is fine and maybe its just me but its the telling anyone who actually does like it that they hate it, I find that a little odd.

• Like 4

Just now, UniFox21 said:

The Maguire celebration has made me chuckle, and Roy Keane is becoming a bit of a broken record slagging everyone off.

If Man Utd go on a decent run against top opposition when they bin off Ole, it would be entertaining to watch the pundits. They wouldn't be able to defend their pal and might actually be forced into praising the players who have been an apparent sole fault for the last few years.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Disliking International football but telling everyone about their dislike has been the cool thing to do for years. Disliking it is fine and maybe its just me but its the telling anyone who actually does like it that they hate it, I find that a little odd.

I find these games so dreary, surely us fans want to see the best teams playing each other in competitive games? International fixtures need looking at. I would scrap FIFA, UEFA  and friendlies, and play some sort of league system over four years with play off finals at the end. Ah well,San Marino to look forwards to yet again.

35 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Think the anti-Maguire stuff is getting pathetic now.

Should he just look miserable when he scores now too? 

Give the guy a break

Made him look stupid stupid though.  His 'celebration' made no sense.  Like a goal would for England against Albania somehow makes up for his poor performances for Man Utd.  

2 hours ago, foxgas said:

I find these games so dreary, surely us fans want to see the best teams playing each other in competitive games? International fixtures need looking at. I would scrap FIFA, UEFA  and friendlies, and play some sort of league system over four years with play off finals at the end. Ah well,San Marino to look forwards to yet again.

Roy Keane is just a soundbite, an easy week follows for whichever broadcaster has him on so they just drip feed clips onto their socials of whichever team/player/manager he's launched a scathing attack on. 

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Think the anti-Maguire stuff is getting pathetic now.

Should he just look miserable when he scores now too? 

Give the guy a break

He does the rest of the time lol

Mardy, always crying on the pitch to the refs because poor Harry has been hard done to 

:plancque:

43 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I like competitive football, it's all very well saying just don't watch it, stop moaning etc, but I don't see how anyone can be happy watching teams cruise to near double figure scorelines at a canter a few times a year. The entire international system needs looking at. 

Couldn't agree more.  Personally I think there should be pre-qualifying for the bottom so many nations in Europe, a bit  like they do in Asia. Pointless matches played where one team has zero chance of winning but chances for injuries etc to key players and players playing too many games.