Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Leicester 21/22 Kit Thread.

2 hours ago, LestaFox92 said:

So is the 2nd kit the white one with the chequered pattern or is that just a fake doing the rounds i'm confused reading this thread cant work out if thats the kit with a fake badge if that kit is fake altogether, hoping for the latter tbh.

Will Alves put some clips up of him in a pre-season game for us and was wearing a white kit but I suppose they could still be wearing last seasons.

Is the “cup font” just the letters / numbers that we wore last year for non PL games?

I was wondering how that works - is it any clubs playing in Europe that get one? Or can any club decide to have it?

Can clubs choose their own font or are there pre approved options? I kinda liked last years. 

why do all teams wear same letters and numbers in PL anyway? Was that always the case? 

3 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

Is the “cup font” just the letters / numbers that we wore last year for non PL games?

I was wondering how that works - is it any clubs playing in Europe that get one? Or can any club decide to have it?

Can clubs choose their own font or are there pre approved options? I kinda liked last years. 

why do all teams wear same letters and numbers in PL anyway? Was that always the case? 

The fonts and numbers for Premier league are uniform across all teams, all the same it's been like that for years. You cant however use these Premier league branding fonts and numbers in European games, so it has to change. The teams who are in Europe then usually use these 'European' fonts in domestic cups aswell. Some teams have a cup font even if they're not in Europe, like Everton last season, but most teams not in Europe just use the Premier league fonts and numbers in domestic cups. Hope that clears things up. 

Edited by FoxyJim1987

4 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

This is a mandatory requirement. Its the same even in the Conference.

My home shirt has just arrived from China.

https://www.jersey777.net/Products/20212022-Fans-Version-Leicester-City-Home-Soccer-Jersey-p49229.html

$32 and I'm convinced it's as genuine as anything you'll pay almost 3 times the price for in the club shop.

I wouldn't normally order from China, but I want home for me and my stepson as well as a couple of Tielemans FA Cup Final shirts.

Can get all 4 for about 15 quid more than I'd pay for a home shirt with delivery from the club.

I ordered this 1 to see what it was like, but I'm ordering the other 3 tonight.

Sizing wise, I'm usually inbetween a medium and a large, but the large fits nicely, so they may be a tad smaller.

34 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Why?

It's the Premier League building their brand. They licence the use of the numbers and letters for replica kits. Basically makes them more money.

The letters have been standard for a very long time. Possibly the first 2 or 3 seasons they weren't all matching.

4 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

It's flawless. I don't even think it's a knock off, just something dodgy going on in China with the supply. Probably made in the same place and it's a side hustle lol

Wasn't sure about the shirt when I first saw it, I think because of the sponsor, but the pattern is shades of the 1992 Bukta kit. One of my favourites.

Edited by tom27111

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It's flawless. I don't even think it's a knock off, just something dodgy going on in China with the supply. Probably made in the same place and it's a side hustle lol

Wasn't sure about the shirt when I first saw it, I think because of the sponsor, but the pattern is shades of the 1992 Bukta kit. One of my favourites.

🤣Definitely persuaded me to go for one mate how long does deliver take?

• Like 1

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

🤣Definitely persuaded me to go for one mate how long does deliver take?

I got mine in 11 days. The guy even whatsapped me a picture and tracking number lol

Get the fan version, not the players version. As previously discussed by others on this thread.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Marketing and conformity across the league.  

See - I think it would be much better marketing for each team to have unique numbering. 

regarding last years cup font - is that something that we were involved in designing / custom? Or are there just X number of options from Adidas for us to choose from?

9 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

See - I think it would be much better marketing for each team to have unique numbering. 

regarding last years cup font - is that something that we were involved in designing / custom? Or are there just X number of options from Adidas for us to choose from?

It looks like for Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup, it's up to the club to use whatever design they like, as long as it's within the sizing guidelines set out by the relevant authorities.

At a guess, they're designed by the manafacturer and agreed with the club. For example, if the kit is made by Puma, most teams wearing a Puma kit will have the same font.

I can see why the Premier League insist on everyone having the same though. Mainly, it'll be a moneymaker, but also rules out any potential controversy.

It's also easier for retailers. If someone orders a shirt and they want a name and number in the back, it's standard.

The Premier League font has changed though, I'm not sure when exactly, but I'd say within the last decade.

41 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I got mine in 11 days. The guy even whatsapped me a picture and tracking number lol

Get the fan version, not the players version. As previously discussed by others on this thread.

Better customer service than from the lcfc shop 🤣 cheers mate look forward to getting mine, did you say there about a size smaller than UK?

1 minute ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Better customer service than from the lcfc shop 🤣 cheers mate look forward to getting mine, did you say there about a size smaller than UK?

Yeah, I'd say so. I think others have said they're a bit smaller. Go one size up to be sure.

I had a medium from the club shop last year and it was slightly tight, but the large was a bit big. The large I've got from China fits nicely.

6 hours ago, tom27111 said:

My home shirt has just arrived from China.

https://www.jersey777.net/Products/20212022-Fans-Version-Leicester-City-Home-Soccer-Jersey-p49229.html

$32 and I'm convinced it's as genuine as anything you'll pay almost 3 times the price for in the club shop.

I wouldn't normally order from China, but I want home for me and my stepson as well as a couple of Tielemans FA Cup Final shirts.

Can get all 4 for about 15 quid more than I'd pay for a home shirt with delivery from the club.

I ordered this 1 to see what it was like, but I'm ordering the other 3 tonight.

Sizing wise, I'm usually inbetween a medium and a large, but the large fits nicely, so they may be a tad smaller.

I think these are the same ones that are about £12 on dhgate

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Joey2by4 said:

I think these are the same ones that are about £12 on dhgate

Probably mate. But I now know this guy is reliable, the shirt is top quality and I'm still saving 35 quid a shirt.

And he does the player issue FA Cup Final shirt! 

It's worth the extra tenner for the fact he sends you a WhatsApp starting with "Hello friend"

I shouldn't mock, his English is far superior to my Mandarin.

Edited by tom27111
  • Haha 2