Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Leicester 21/22 Kit Thread.

Definitely a lot tighter round the chest than usual. Not had a kit for a couple of years but definitely got a much more retro material on it.

Unfortunately mine's got some strange glossy bit on the back of one side so I'll have to send back.

16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Still no word on away/3rd kits? Seems weird for there to be no announcement of them by mid-July.

Last season's weren't officially announced until late August so could be a while yet. Might see them in the friendlies this month given that Wycombe and QPR both have at least a bit of blue in their kits?

On 06/07/2021 at 22:07, FoxOnWheels said:

You able to add any photos?

Here it is. Players version from  jersey777.net  it was $35 == £25

They have slightly cheaper fan shirt too. Looks smart.  Took just under 2 weeks. I ordered the EPL patch too.

50_20210714_122926.jpg

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

On 12/07/2021 at 22:42, It'sblueupnorth said:

Looks like the ‘aqua’ shirt doing the rounds earlier is actually the training kit

Not that uncommon to have training gear the same colour as one of the kits. 

17 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

They have slightly cheaper fan shirt too. Looks smart.  Took just under two weeks. I ordered the EPL patch too.

Is that an official shirt or a knockoff?

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Is that an official shirt or a knockoff?

I got it from jersey777.net 

It has all the Adidas tags on... 

Not sure where they sourced it.

I bought their tielimans maroon kit too with the saving I made!

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

They have slightly cheaper fan shirt too. Looks smart.  Took just under 2 weeks. I ordered the EPL patch too.

50_20210714_122926.jpg

Probably just the picture but the colour looks a fair bit different; a much deeper/more saturated blue on mine.

And I have just noticed that the inside of yours isn't blue like the official one.

Still looks like the real deal though :dunno:

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Probably just the picture but the colour looks a fair bit different; a much deeper/more saturated blue on mine.

And I have just noticed that the inside of yours isn't blue like the official one.

Thats what it is! I was looking at it last night and something just seemed “off”, I just couldn’t put my finger on what haha

Edited by moore_94

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

The fans version is blue inside 

See https://www.jersey777.net/Products/20212022-Fans-Version-Leicester-City-Home-Soccer-Jersey-p49229.html

Mine is the players version and I think the fabric is the difference .  They player version is $35 and the fans version is $32.

The colour of mine matches my mates official purchase.

12 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

We are 1 of the adidas teams where players don’t get a player spec shirt so these knock off player versions are interesting 

I find the whole thing a bit odd to be perfectly honest. Especially being so open about it and promoting links to these sites on here... surprised the club haven't had a word with Mark. 

Each to their own of course, but the NEED for a football shirt isn't that great to push me to buy a knock off that's made god knows where and is only really half price compared to the actual version. I know peoples response to that one will probably be 'well the Adidas one will be made in a sweatshop' but the truth is the big companies just can't get away with that shit anymore. Similarly Adidas using 50% recycled materials is absolutely not something these companies will be doing.

I know not everyone can afford the prices the club charge, but for me if that was the case I just wouldn't buy one. Personally think if you've got £30 to spend on something fake, you've probably got £60 to spend on the real deal!

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I find the whole thing a bit odd to be perfectly honest. Especially being so open about it and promoting links to these sites on here... surprised the club haven't had a word with Mark. 

Each to their own of course, but the NEED for a football shirt isn't that great to push me to buy a knock off that's made god knows where and is only really half price compared to the actual version. I know peoples response to that one will probably be 'well the Adidas one will be made in a sweatshop' but the truth is the big companies just can't get away with that shit anymore. Similarly Adidas using 50% recycled materials is absolutely not something these companies will be doing.

I know not everyone can afford the prices the club charge, but for me if that was the case I just wouldn't buy one. Personally think if you've got £30 to spend on something fake, you've probably got £60 to spend on the real deal!

One shirt isn't much of a difference but if people are buying multiple for kids then it's a different story. It's £60 for a home shirt without all the extras (not that I'd ever bother personally with a shirt), £32 for shorts (!!) and £13 for the socks. I find those prices more unjustifiable than fans buying almost indistinguishable shirts for half the price.

The idea that big companies can't get away with poor practices in their supply chain anymore is a bit naive. Boohoo were running sweatshops in Leicester until last year, god knows what the conditions are like in South East Asia.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

One shirt isn't much of a difference but if people are buying multiple for kids then it's a different story. It's £60 for a home shirt without all the extras (not that I'd ever bother personally with a shirt), £32 for shorts (!!) and £13 for the socks. I find those prices more unjustifiable than fans buying almost indistinguishable shirts for half the price.

The idea that big companies can't get away with poor practices in their supply chain anymore is a bit naive. Boohoo were running sweatshops in Leicester until last year, god knows what the conditions are like in South East Asia.

Yeah completely agree with first paragraph. That’s not the impression I’ve been given in this thread though so was purely in isolation.. just looks like a load of people my age buying themselves shirts ;) 

Very true re-leicester… I don’t class Boohoo as being on Adidas level though, in terms of scrutiny. My comment about these fake websites is they’re likely more like the leicester style sweatshops than something more regulated.

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah completely agree with first paragraph. That’s not the impression I’ve been given in this thread though so was purely in isolation.. just looks like a load of people my age buying themselves shirts ;) 

Very true re-leicester… I don’t class Boohoo as being on Adidas level though, in terms of scrutiny. My comment about these fake websites is they’re likely more like the leicester style sweatshops than something more regulated.

I've had a quick look and Adidas' supply chain doesn't seem to have ever been in the news which is fair enough. There's often a level of detachment though, most manufacturers subcontract out this sort of work and then it might even be subcontracted out again. There's decent of enough chance the 'fakes' are made in the same place but are faulty - but who knows, it's conjecture.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Stadt said:

I've had a quick look and Adidas' supply chain doesn't seem to have ever been in the news which is fair enough. There's often a level of detachment though, most manufacturers subcontract out this sort of work and then it might even be subcontracted out again. There's decent of enough chance the 'fakes' are made in the same place but are faulty - but who knows, it's conjecture.

Yep- The fakes I buy from the Kuala Lumpur night markets look at though they come from the same factories as the Club Shop versions (at one third of the cost).