Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

Protecting the elite clubs and making it even difficult for a club like us - or who want to follow in our footsteps - to make a name for themselves. 

What a shame it's come to this, really. Football was a lot about the money over the past decade or so, but this is another nail in its coffin in making sure football remains marketable as opposed to competitive. 

• Like 1

I know something like this has been in the pipeline for years. However it’s surely no coincidence that now a few PL clubs really are gatecrashing the top 6 that they’re finally pushing it through.

Also, I’d be prepared for an alteration in how coefficients are calculated if EUFA need to find a way to get Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea in somehow. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

I know something like this has been in the pipeline for years. However it’s surely no coincidence that now a few PL clubs really are gatecrashing the top 6 that they’re finally pushing it through.

Also, I’d be prepared for an alteration in how coefficients are calculated if EUFA need to find a way to get Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea in somehow. 

I wouldn't even be shocked to see points given for number of social media followers lol

• Haha 2

absolutely disgusting.

another move just designed to keep the rich, rich.

what motivation would liverpool have to play prem games this season if the wildcard was in play. just literally put all their eggs into the champs league basket, seeing as they would be guaranteed to get in the champs league.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

For all intents and purposes, this is that 'breakaway European Super League' the big clubs have been planning for years, in all but name. 

This surely means that the likes of Liverpool and United will never not qualify ever again. Self-serving ***** 

I'm convinced the whole Super League idea was a stalking horse to get these extra spots, the Super League will come eventually but not until they've strengthened their financial strangle hold on European Football.