Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

If Maddison leaves.

IN

Soumare

Pereira

Daka

Szalai

Sowah 

KDH 

Tagliafico/Gosens

OUT

Ghezzal 

Maddiaon 

Fuchs 

Morgan

Vardy Iheanacho

Barnes                              Daka

Ndidi   Tielemans

Gosens/new LB  Evans  Fofana   Pereira 

Schmeichel

We could actually have a decent go at the title with a squad of that level. If Vardy is still not firing put Daka in his role and put Matheus Pereira in the role that he leaves vacant.

Edited by Fightforever

Daka, a Goose and Soumaré would be sound business.

We desperately though require wingers unless we are moving to totally rely on wing backs which would be devastating from a spectator football quality point of view. But needs must because even if we buy a right winger, we need a left winger as well both as an understudy and until Barnes is fit... 

Are we really going to spend over a £100 million in one window? 

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

We desperately though require wingers unless we are moving to totally rely on wing backs which would be devastating from a spectator football quality point of view. But needs must because even if we buy a right winger, we need a left winger as well both as an understudy and until Barnes is fit... 

87FA4D8F-5334-4E84-A742-9BE799A5666A.png

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Nick said:

think someone calculated that if we do manage to clear out players that are surplus to requirement on a minimum we could bring in approx £35m. If we are looking to push for a UCL spot, and have a decent and/or successful run in the UEL, then we do need to spend money to strengthen both short term/long term. If we get Daka, then he'll be a decent ROI one way or another.

These lists of incomers are quite fun until you add up the costs Daka, Soumare, Goosens, Pereira. No change out of 100 million. Am I missing something, perhaps we have funds that I knew nothing about. To balance that outlay would mean selling at least two of our major assets. As far as I know there have been no confirmed enquiries for our players so where is the money coming from?

34 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

These lists of incomers are quite fun until you add up the costs Daka, Soumare, Goosens, Pereira. No change out of 100 million. Am I missing something, perhaps we have funds that I knew nothing about. To balance that outlay would mean selling at least two of our major assets. As far as I know there have been no confirmed enquiries for our players so where is the money coming from?

Top's back pocket...

14 hours ago, Fightforever said:

If Maddison leaves.

IN

Soumare

Pereira

Daka

Szalai

Sowah 

KDH 

Tagliafico/Gosens

OUT

Ghezzal 

Maddiaon 

Fuchs 

Morgan

Vardy Iheanacho

Barnes                              Daka

Ndidi   Tielemans

Gosens/new LB  Evans  Fofana   Pereira 

Schmeichel

We could actually have a decent go at the title with a squad of that level. If Vardy is still not firing put Daka in his role and put Matheus Pereira in the role that he leaves vacant.

Personally, I’d give Castagne the nod over Pereira. I think at the moment, Ricky isn’t back to his quality self.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d still take a punt on Adama. I reckon he would be awesome under Brendan. 

People worry about him, he’s never looked that great for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

To be honest I think Nino is cack, and was largely the problem. Under a more tactically astute manager with better man management skills he would be a great player 

3 hours ago, Sly said:

I think he’s just one of those guys that can be unstoppable on his day because of his pace and power. The perfect sort of guy to bring off the bench when things aren’t working. 

even without end product Barnes Vardy/daka and Adama would retire defenders 

I've a few friends who support Wolves and none of them can stand him. Whenever I watch him he does the same thing - squares up to his defender, goes past him on the outside, batters a cross into the stands, repeat. This place would be sick of him very, very quickly. Level on goals with Perez for the season with one more assist in about double the minutes.

We need more pace in the squad but ideally we'd find someone who is also able to kick the ball vaguely in the direction he wants it to go.

• Like 3

Well, I was hoping for Gosens, but I think that ship has sailed.

Looks like we may have to settle for Bertrand, who will be reliable, if not spectacular. 

So moving on, perhaps another steady centre half, someone like Tarkowski and another flair player, maybe Trincao on loan, with option to buy or Periera.

For me, providing Soumare and Daka do indeed sign, that would be an excellent transfer window.

Still hoping for a RW. Daka is a striker he should not be our RW next season. It’s the one area of our first XI which is lacking. 

Would hope that our first team would either be 4-2-3-1 against weaker opposition, and then maybe 4-3-3 against the stronger sides with Soumaré in for Maddison in midfield. 

Either way our options for the right at the minute are either Perez, Albrighton, Sowah or Pereira none of which is ideal. Although despite all the criticism he gets we did play much of our best football with Perez as RW. Which I think is fine in a 4-2-3-1 with an attaching RB (Pereira or Castagne) behind him and Maddison in the hole. But would be an obvious weak point if we were to go 4-3-3 where I feel he would probably become quite isolated.

Assuming Daka, Soumare and Bertrand are 'done deals' I want Tarkowski, Madueke and Collins.

I am guessing that lot is about £105m.

Mendy (15m), Choudhury (15m) and Ghezzal (8m) gives a net spend of £67m, which is more than we would normally spend, but maybe doable.

1 hour ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Assuming Daka, Soumare and Bertrand are 'done deals' I want Tarkowski, Madueke and Collins.

Mendy (15m), Choudhury (15m) and Ghezzal (8m) gives a net spend of £67m, which is more than we would normally spend, but maybe doable.

You want 2 more centre halves???

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You want 2 more centre halves???

Yes, if we do play 3 atb we will need at least 5 CBs, one experienced leader and another willing to wait, but with potential. Collins is young, but has been a captain in the championship. Rodgers doesn't appear to trust Amartey, so I should have added him to the transfers out, £5m maybe?

4 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Who's giving us 15m for Papy?!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

RW is the absolute must position to buy some quality for, followed by centre half. 

With Justin, Castagne, Ricardo and Thomas, the fullback positions aren't such a priority. Bertrand should be adequate cover while Justin returns to fitness. 

Have we made any inquiries for RWs? Haven’t seen anything in the news.