Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

5 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

Have we made any inquiries for RWs? Haven’t seen anything in the news.

Its about money, we need off the shelf quality and that doesn't come cheap. Its Pereira for me and that will be closing on 30 million.

9 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

@Ric Flairwill be better placed to answer but seen us linked with Madueke, Pereira, Damsgaard, and Danjuma. Those players fit our typical profile - young, skilful and pacy. 

This article has a nice summary:

https://fosseposse.sbnation.com/2021/6/8/22465220/leicester-city-transer-rumours-madueke-pereira-mcneil

Also been linked with Berardi but that's a dream - the fee is way outside the budget we work to. 

The links to Trincao are from the previous summer. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

45 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I thought that was fair for an adequate PL midfielder. What do you think?

I think 5-6m is the most we'd get, especially with 1 year left on his contract (I think)

24 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

From threads that have been opened on here due to links:

Thauvin, Madueke, Hofmann, Pereira, Danjuma, Boga, Trincao, James, Berardi

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

From threads that have been opened on here due to links:

Thauvin, Madueke, Hofmann, Pereira, Danjuma, Boga, Trincao, James, Berardi

Thanks for the update. (Hopefully) once Soumare and Daka deals go through, we will hear something regarding our wingers.

On 20/06/2021 at 10:16, Foxes96 said:

Still hoping for a RW. Daka is a striker he should not be our RW next season. It’s the one area of our first XI which is lacking. 

Would hope that our first team would either be 4-2-3-1 against weaker opposition, and then maybe 4-3-3 against the stronger sides with Soumaré in for Maddison in midfield. 

Either way our options for the right at the minute are either Perez, Albrighton, Sowah or Pereira none of which is ideal. Although despite all the criticism he gets we did play much of our best football with Perez as RW. Which I think is fine in a 4-2-3-1 with an attaching RB (Pereira or Castagne) behind him and Maddison in the hole. But would be an obvious weak point if we were to go 4-3-3 where I feel he would probably become quite isolated.

I know that it's frustrating we haven't found the Mahrez replacement on the Right wing it could be argued that we are roughly on a par with the right-left winger combo of 2016.

We had Mahrez on the right and Kevin/Schlupp on the left in 15/16. You could argue the effectiveness has just changed sides.

We have Barnes on the left who isn't all that far off Mahrez of 5 years ago and Albrighton has done quite well on the right side when required. Even our right/left backs offer more up front than Danny Simpson did and slightly more than Fuchs.

We still need a balance of decent defence and attack against the elite. A mahrez replacement may not provide that as welcome as he would be. People scoff at Albrighton but a scrapper like him is invaluable.

Wouldn’t mind seeing us dip into Lille again for this lad if the price was right, granted his stats don’t blow me away playing for a team that won the league but having watched him a few times he looks to have the making of being a top player

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing us dip into Lille again for this lad if the price was right, granted his stats don’t blow me away playing for a team that won e league but having watched him a few times he looks to have the making of being a top player

Linked before too.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing us dip into Lille again for this lad if the price was right, granted his stats don’t blow me away playing for a team that won the league but having watched him a few times he looks to have the making of being a top player

Weird one, has been picked in the French squad numerous times at a period where their talent pool is so vast and he is yet to really show any consistency.

I'm unsure on him but the price might be quite reasonable.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really want us to sign Sabitzer

He’s quality no doubt (presume this is the Austrian fella) but is he a winger? Or do you mean for midfield. He’s not a typical winger as such is he? He’s got work ethic and legs on him no doubt and he’s had a great tournament. Interesting shout but surely he’s mid twenties odd and approaching peak/prime… what would he cost £25-35 million? Dunno.

26 minutes ago, Nick said:

He’s quality no doubt (presume this is the Austrian fella) but is he a winger? Or do you mean for midfield. He’s not a typical winger as such is he? He’s got work ethic and legs on him no doubt and he’s had a great tournament. Interesting shout but surely he’s mid twenties odd and approaching peak/prime… what would he cost £25-35 million? Dunno.

He'd be ideal in a 4-3-3 playing the sort of role Praet has tried to play for us before as the right sided midfielder. He'd also be the go to player in a 3-4-1-2 which Maddison and Perez have flopped in. 

I'd love us to move Perez on and possibly Praet and have Sabitzer and KDH in. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

This lad Mehle looks very good, Does he play on the right for Atalanta? 
I’m guessing they signed him in January cover Gosens’ eventual departure?

Yeah was thinking the same after the game vs Russia. Very versatile and tidy player that can play anywhere out wide at the back or further forwards. No doubt there will be a lot of interest in him. 

Imagine we sign Soumaré, Bertrand or other LB, a likely starter RW and a squad player CB alongside Daka, which formation would be the best for you? I'd go for 4231 but not so sure Daka fits in there having played alongside other ST in his previous clubs

• Like 1