Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Newcastle are asking for the same amount for Isaac Hayden, no reason we shouldn’t ask for similar for Hamza

I would think we would be looking more like 15-20 for Hamza. Young, premier league experience, England under 21 international not too long ago. Someone will pay that. 

Also thought we’d already turned down a lot for ghezzal and were looking for 12 million?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I would think we would be looking more like 15-20 for Hamza. Young, premier league experience, England under 21 international not too long ago. Someone will pay that. 

Also thought we’d already turned down a lot for ghezzal and were looking for 12 million?

Ghezzal doesn’t want to go anywhere else other than Besiktas, at the moment looks like we will get about £3-4m for him

Just now, moore_94 said:

Ghezzal doesn’t want to go anywhere else other than Besiktas, at the moment looks like we will get about £3-4m for him

Fair enough. I haven’t been following that transfer. At 3-4 million I would be tempted to risk giving him another go here after the season he has had in turkey. He was awful when he played for us but it’s amazing what confidence can do to a player and at that price it just doesn’t seem worth selling. Also it doesn’t seem like a good idea to be held hostage by a player if the buying club won’t put up a fair fee.

• Like 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

We need to be quick before Cahill signs on the dotted line @kingfox :whistle:lol

I could see Southampton trying to sign him. I spent an hour rummaging through Saints’ forum and many are thinking that with Ings and Vestergaard gone, they’ll face relegation. Love to see that happen!

10 minutes ago, NYC Fox Fan said:

I could see Southampton trying to sign him. I spent an hour rummaging through Saints’ forum and many are thinking that with Ings and Vestergaard gone, they’ll face relegation. Love to see that happen!

Why the hate for Southampton? 

2 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Defender is a necessity if we’re playing 3 at the back. So right mid is no more important really. Teams screwed if one gets injured 

Would think this suggests we might not be playing 3 at the back if we aren’t too bothered about another centre back

What we don’t want is another Ryan Bennett situation. 

Possible names are hard to think of, maybe someone like Matip or Phillips from Liverpool. Maybe one of the Sheff Utd lads as they’ve been relegated, at least they’ll have Prem experience.

Swap deals are unlikely but getting a CB through the door, via selling someone like Amartey, Mendy or Choudhury could be an option 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kingfox said:

What we don’t want is another Ryan Bennett situation. 

Possible names are hard to think of, maybe someone like Matip or Phillips from Liverpool. Maybe one of the Sheff Utd lads as they’ve been relegated, at least they’ll have Prem experience.

Swap deals are unlikely but getting a CB through the door, via selling someone like Amartey, Mendy or Choudhury could be an option 🤷‍♂️

Adarabioyo is the one I would want us to take a look at from Fulham, played 90 minutes in all but 2 league games for them, 6 ft 5, meant to have a relegation release clause of just £10m

Fulham tried to sign Amartey last year, if he is someone they still like maybe we could include him as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Jannik Vestergaard tipped by Football insider to leave Southampton as he is in his last year of Contract. 28 years of age a Giant in Defence , A Danish International. Just  what we need for corners, experience and to give longevity to Evans in Defence. Interest from Spurs and Roma. Leicester linked last season.

A replacement for Wes? Valued at 16 million by Transfer Market. 

Impressed last season, club clearly see something in this lad. He's a good player who would add the physicality we've missed since selling Maguire. Don't get why some people look down their nose at him, maybe it's the cro magnon eyebrow ridge.

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Impressed last season, club clearly see something in this lad. He's a good player who would add the physicality we've missed since selling Maguire. Don't get why some people look down their nose at him, maybe it's the cro magnon eyebrow ridge.

He was the tower of power during the Euros

59 minutes ago, Carolina Fox said:

Jannik Vestergaard tipped by Football insider to leave Southampton as he is in his last year of Contract. 28 years of age a Giant in Defence , A Danish International. Just  what we need for corners, experience and to give longevity to Evans in Defence. Interest from Spurs and Roma. Leicester linked last season.

A replacement for Wes? Valued at 16 million by Transfer Market. 

Spurs seem to be in for defenders but they have about 5 already.

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Adarabioyo is the one I would want us to take a look at from Fulham, played 90 minutes in all but 2 league games for them, 6 ft 5, meant to have a relegation release clause of just £10m

Fulham tried to sign Amartey last year, if he is someone they still like maybe we could include him as well

The way the situation is looking, it seems to me that we’re waiting for Tarkowski next summer, hence why I keep saying a stop gap would probably be the most ideal move this season. 

That either means a loan or a free transfer for a season. Matip & Phillips won’t get ahead of Van Dijk, Konate & Gomez next season. You could go to the Championship for someone like Egan or Adarabioyo, loan option to buy maybe.

Or you try a swap by getting Amartey, Mendy or Choudhury out the door.

• Like 1