Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

21 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

If Villa can get Leon Bailey for £30m and we don't try and compete with them, then we're nuts IMO. Wilf, get on the blower and make it happen.

They may get Pereira as well if that's what they do somebody must be going.

I hope we get some genuine ITK news soon. We are so damn close to having a spectacular window and our squad looking better than ever. 

We are just a CB and RW away from looking pretty formidable this season. Get on it Rudkin! 

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I hope we get some genuine ITK news soon. We are so damn close to having a spectacular window and our squad looking better than ever. 

We are just a CB and RW away from looking pretty formidable this season. Get on it Rudkin! 

We're a right winger away in my opinion. Centre back i think we can cope.

Bertrand and Justin could form part of the back 3, so too could ndidi. You've also got Nelson, Benkovic (who is apparently fitter than ever) and Amartey.

The next priority is the right one - I just hope we get it sorted.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're a right winger away in my opinion. Centre back i think we can cope.

Bertrand and Justin could form part of the back 3, so too could ndidi. You've also got Nelson, Benkovic (who is apparently fitter than ever) and Amartey.

The next priority is the right one - I just hope we get it sorted.

Definitely getting injured in the first 5 minutes of the first game he plays in :ph34r:lol

11 minutes ago, thankyouleicester said:

Liverpool are putting Shaqiri up for sale. What do you guys think as a sort of cheap backup squad player? I mean if any injuries come it'll be nice to have him. He'll be cheap, is effective and can hit a mean set piece. Also think he suits the style of play.

I don't know if he'll be as cheap as you think, but I'd sure as hell take him if he was.  We have no one who has his skill set - can make wonder goals out of nothing.  Wish he'd do it more often, but the more he plays the better his form will be (like pretty much every player, but especially flair guys).

• Like 1

A little bit left field but Harry Wilson from Liverpool anyone? Left footed right winger who fits into the broken player mould and comes from a winning mentality team. His best performances have been in the championship but i'd think he'd be a better than Dan James IMO. Think he would be of that forward player than a traditional right winger, has better movement than James and has enough pace and came through at Liverpool when Rodgers was there. £10M or there abouts i'd consider it, he's reportedly available to go.  

5 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

A little bit left field but Harry Wilson from Liverpool anyone? Left footed right winger who fits into the broken player mould and comes from a winning mentality team. His best performances have been in the championship but i'd think he'd be a better than Dan James IMO. Think he would be of that forward player than a traditional right winger, has better movement than James and has enough pace and came through at Liverpool when Rodgers was there. £10M or there abouts i'd consider it, he's reportedly available to go.  

Brooks is better than Wilson and only has 1 year left on his contract at Bournemouth. That said I don't think either are the level of player we are looking at to fill the elusive void at right wing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Brooks is better than Wilson and only has 1 year left on his contract at Bournemouth. That said I don't think either are the level of player we are looking at to fill the elusive void at right wing.

But if  Wilson is young, couldn't Rodgers bring him up to the level we need?

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I don't know if he'll be as cheap as you think, but I'd sure as hell take him if he was.  We have no one who has his skill set - can make wonder goals out of nothing.  Wish he'd do it more often, but the more he plays the better his form will be (like pretty much every player, but especially flair guys).

I  think Liverpool paid £12m for him. If they're putting him up for sale they'd likely be happy to make their money back.

And yeah he can make goals out of literally nothing, we saw that at the Euros. He is worth going for imo. 

Anyone else worried that Rodgers has Perez in mind for RW again this season? 

He seemed determined to play him for a lot of last season but it's so obvious to me how uncomfortable Perez is out on the right 

Looking forward to hearing from Rodgers soon and him being asked about anymore incoming signings, as the rumours have gone a little quiet 

Still a CB and RW away from having a crazy good window! Best ever maybe?!

I’m pretty certain we couldn’t afford it, but add James to Periera and we’d have had an amazing window.

We really need two wingers because we have no alternative to Barnes. In fact we have to change formations to play without him. Adding Dan James gives you a like for like option on the left, and an alternative on the right.

Course, Sowah might be so good that we don’t need a James, but in an ideal world I’d have Albrighton & Sowah as 4th & 5th choice wide players this season. If we just sign one winger, they’d be 3rd & 4th - which doesn’t look top 6 quality to me.

If we don’t add a second winger this window, that would probably be our priority in January/next summer. More likely than doing it now I know.

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Anyone else worried that Rodgers has Perez in mind for RW again this season? 

He seemed determined to play him for a lot of last season but it's so obvious to me how uncomfortable Perez is out on the right 

Looking forward to hearing from Rodgers soon and him being asked about anymore incoming signings, as the rumours have gone a little quiet 

Still a CB and RW away from having a crazy good window! Best ever maybe?!

Unless we get rid of players, I think we'll go as we are. He specifically said the plan was to play Ricardo there last season, but they'd not had the chance due to injuries. 

It's not ideal, and I'd like another wide man. But I can see it not being the blockbuster we all want. 

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Have Perez or Ricardo even been in training yet? Don't think I've seen either of them in the pictures

Ricky been inside training it seems, but not seen any of him on the grass yet

Ayoze? Who knows?

He went to Arsenal for 20m in my FM game if that helps (it was like Christmas)

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Unless we get rid of players, I think we'll go as we are. He specifically said the plan was to play Ricardo there last season, but they'd not had the chance due to injuries. 

It's not ideal, and I'd like another wide man. But I can see it not being the blockbuster we all want. 

Yeh totally agree. I think we would have got a RW done and dusted pretty early like Daka, Bertrand and Soumare. We have never got the exact window we all hoped for, and this could be the same. Imagine Rodgers will say we are happy with our business but if something comes up, then we will look at it etc etc. In reality, could be done and dusted due to budget and not wanting to have to sell to buy. 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, deep blue said:

Vardy wasn't young  when he joined.  He wasn't incapable of improving.

Of course players can improve but the probability of that lessens as players get older. We aren't in a desperate situation that we need to sign a player like Wilson in the hope we can get him up to the required level, we are now above that hence our calibre of signing has changed in the last year or two.