Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah very true.

I don't think he will leave this summer, possibly next year when he only has 1 year left on his deal but most likely I do think he will be here until his contract runs out in 2023

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

It's been said on here that we've reached our usual net expenditure already on transfer incomings.  I agree with you, though, it would be a shame if the opportunity is missed this year to really strengthen and enhance the squad.  The opportunity I refer to is the suspension of FFP spending rules, which is good reason for Top to stretch our financial model (if he can find the money :)) just this once.  The obvious extra need being a RW and CB.  If Sowah and/or KDH perform outstandingly well in preseason and justify their place in the squad then they would provide welcome extra options, and competition, in addition.  We would have a genuinely strong squad then which would enable us to compete meaningfully across all the competitions we will be involved in.

That already doesn't make sense. 'Net expenditure' is - by definition - incomings and outgoings. You can't just look at the inbound players and compare that against our typical net expenditure as that's missing off all the income that player sales generate. Given that we know there are several players who look to be heading out, our net expenditure is likely to only be in the £0m-10m range assuming no more inbound transfers. There's still plenty of scope to bring in additional player(s) if needed.

I imagine July is going to be fairly quiet for incomings whilst Rodgers assesses the squad and sees how we stack up - particularly if Sowah/Ricardo are viable RW options. Its why its been so good to get the bulk of our business done early so Rodgers can have a full view of what he's working with. I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in £30m+ from player sales over the next few weeks whilst we make a number of enquiries on identified targets, then finally make a move in early August to wrap things up before the season starts.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Xen said:

That already doesn't make sense. 'Net expenditure' is - by definition - incomings and outgoings. You can't just look at the inbound players and compare that against our typical net expenditure as that's missing off all the income that player sales generate. Given that we know there are several players who look to be heading out, our net expenditure is likely to only be in the £0m-10m range assuming no more inbound transfers. There's still plenty of scope to bring in additional player(s) if needed.

I imagine July is going to be fairly quiet for incomings whilst Rodgers assesses the squad and sees how we stack up - particularly if Sowah/Ricardo are viable RW options. Its why its been so good to get the bulk of our business done early so Rodgers can have a full view of what he's working with. I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in £30m+ from player sales over the next few weeks whilst we make a number of enquiries on identified targets, then finally make a move in early August to wrap things up before the season starts.

I agree with your view on how we will progress up till August.  Our differences are in assessing how much we will get for outgoings.  Your expectation of £30+ for transfer sales may be correct, but might also be wildly optimistic.  There are two unknowns so we have to guess. The first is who we will ship out.  This could vary from 1 to about 5 players. The second is the amount we will get for them.  Estimates of value vary wildly on here but the actual revenue may be very much in the lower area because of the depressed value at the moment and that they may not be very desirable to other teams.

It really is a guessing games for we fans who have no special knowledge.  My hope is that we do manage to bring in a couple more before the season gets going.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Palace is an absolute abomination of a club to go to, you just get stuck. Name a player that has gone there and got a move up the ladder? I'd go nowhere near teams like Palace, Newcastle, Burnley etc. It's an awful career move. Better to go to a newly promoted team than that and have a relegation release clause.

Name a player who moved to Palace and was good enough to get a move up the ladder, other than Zaha? Zaha did it to himself by signing an absurdly long contract when he shouldn't have, we did the same thing to Mahrez for a couple of seasons when nobody met our valuation.

I suppose Wan-Bissaka doesn't count as he was an academy player, but he is an example of a player of quality getting a transfer from the club. Palace has signed a new manager and seems to be trying to reform their playstyle, there are some pros to signing for them.

I agree with you on Newcastle though, and Burnley, unless you are a certain kind of player that would thrive under Dyche.

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I thought 30 sounded a lot at first but if you think Ghezzal will probably go for around 6-8ish, it leaves you needing a bit less than 25 for the other two combined. 

I'd be surprised if we can't get 12/13 each for the pair. 

It's not that much in today's money, there are championship clubs that pay that for transfers. Newcastle were ready to pay more than that for Choudhury a couple months ago and Praet is still fairly well thought of around Europe. 

I haven't been paying that much attention so correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't spending in the Championship (elsewhere as well) been drastically reduced? Haven't seen any 10m+ transfers down there in the last couple windows. I could definitely see Praet moving for £13 mil at least, more if there was interest, but I don't think there's been much concrete interest in Choudhury sadly. And all the Besiktas fans I've seen around are saying that they'd love the club to buy Ghezzal but they really don't think they'll have the money for it. Hopefully we can get as much money as possible.

15 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Palace will not be relegated..!!!

Jeff Schlupp will still be clocking up Premiership minutes year in and year out and they will stay as a mid table Premiership club.

Any success, as in wanting away will see him priced out of a move to any club, he has effectively, boxed himself in for a long period. His only route is to underperform and no aspirational club is going to be looking at him, should that be the case.

Feel like the narrative around Palace pricing people out of moves is a little overblown. Who have they done that with other than Zaha?

On 06/07/2021 at 20:51, matty98 said:

If we don't sign a proper right winger I'll be disappointed with this window tbh. Sure we've strengthened the squad but the first choice starting 11 won't be any stronger.

It wasn't our first choice 11 strength that meant we missed out on Champions League last season. It's was our squad. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TommyK said:

It wasn't our first choice 11 strength that meant we missed out on Champions League last season. It's was our squad. 

...I  believe  injuries played a far bigger role, than the depth of our squad!!!

Losing  Barnes for so long forced us to play another way, Vardy carrying his injury, JJ being out when he was flying, it was relentless and we could not afford to have similar qualities sitting on the bench, our wages bill, could not cope with such a financial commitment. 

1 hour ago, TommyK said:

Strengthening the starting 11 also strengthens the squad so when there is an obvious lack of quality in a position that should be prioritised over squad signings.

• Like 1

On paper we need three more signings; LB, CB and RW. LB looks like it’ll be Bertrand on a free. Then I’d expect one of those other positions to be funded through sales for around £20-30m and the other to be a loan. That for me would be a quality summer!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, brookfox said:

On paper we need three more signings; LB, CB and RW. LB looks like it’ll be Bertrand on a free. Then I’d expect one of those other positions to be funded through sales for around £20-30m and the other to be a loan. That for me would be a quality summer!

Seem prefectly sensible and achievable too me 

50 minutes ago, brookfox said:

That

image.png.22765d00d196f926c32b7096ddf43695.png

This is Sabitzer playing right wing.

Sabitzer is leaving this window.

Several premier league clubs have interest in Sabitzer.

Tottenham are interested in Sabitzer.

#savesabitzer

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Not a bad player on his day but according to west ham fans he's got a terrible attitude. No surprise he wouldn't cost anything then

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Olise to Crystal Palace what the actual ****, zaha eze and olise will be like watching a btec Brazil 

Olise is very hit and miss tbh. Eze is seriously injured and Zaha is Zaha, magnificent when HE wants to be, but very moody. Mid table at best

Edited by FoxinNotts

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Olise is very hit and miss tbh. Eze is seriously injured and Zaha is Zaha, magnificent when HE wants to be, but very moody. Mid table at best

Hey they have their faults that’s why I said btec! Still will be entertaining 

• Like 1