Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

So you sell Ward, Praet, Amartey and Ghezzal and you've raised your £30m for your right winger, including saving on salaries. Buy in a cheap replacement reserve keeper for a couple of years until Iverson is ready. Praet and Amartey don't need replacing as Soumare and KDH are extras in midfield.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

State of play on the wide right options suggests to get it right this time will mean a fee in the 30 -40 million area and 80 to 100 grand a week. That looks like, to me, that one of Tielemans or Maddison will have to move on.. So we are buying quality and selling quality. The question is will that improve the balance of the team. To me I would sooner keep Youri as his skills are more difficult to replace . This is a difficult trade off and in the end nothing may happen.

It doesn't work like that. Spending more on a player doesn't guarantee he'll be better. We've proven that already.

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

State of play on the wide right options suggests to get it right this time will mean a fee in the 30 -40 million area and 80 to 100 grand a week. That looks like, to me, that one of Tielemans or Maddison will have to move on.. So we are buying quality and selling quality. The question is will that improve the balance of the team. To me I would sooner keep Youri as his skills are more difficult to replace . This is a difficult trade off and in the end nothing may happen.

...if you have to pay £30-40m for a Right Winger and decide to sell Youri or Maddison, then surely you will have to be looking to replace either!!!

So we look to replace either of these two players, and in respect of Youri, create a weakness in a team which he is the Manager's General on the pitch. I am still convinced that we can pick up a Right Winger for £30m without selling either Youri or Maddison. A very achievable option.

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if you have to pay £30-40m for a Right Winger and decide to sell Youri or Maddison, then surely you will have to be looking to replace either!!!

So we look to replace either of these two players, and in respect of Youri, create a weakness in a team which he is the Manager's General on the pitch. I am still convinced that we can pick up a Right Winger for £30m without selling either Youri or Maddison. A very achievable option.

I think, in the case of Youri, yes. We would absolutely have to replace him but Maddison? Not necessarily. 

It could signal an intention to play without a #10 with a move to a flat 3 CM or even a 2 where Praet and Soumare would offer more of a balance than Mads. 

I should add that I'd prefer to keep Maddison. 

2 minutes ago, thankyouleicester said:

Andy Carroll is now a free agent. I know I know but hear me out first. He of course would be bottom of the pecking order, but when you need a plan C and you're losing 2-1 then having something different like Carroll to launch balls to in the box couldn't be so bad. 

Am I insane? 

I thought Fofana was supposed to be our threat from set pieces.There was no evidence last season. Hopefully he has more luck next..

14 minutes ago, thankyouleicester said:

Andy Carroll is now a free agent. I know I know but hear me out first. He of course would be bottom of the pecking order, but when you need a plan C and you're losing 2-1 then having something different like Carroll to launch balls to in the box couldn't be so bad. 

Am I insane? 

Probably, but nothing wrong with mooting it. 

4th choice with Benkovic for 500k Ben davies from Liverpool as it looks like now they have players back fit in his position they are willing to let him go left footed and can fill in at LB worth a shout ......... or not ......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dhermon said:

4th choice with Benkovic for 500k Ben davies from Liverpool as it looks like now they have players back fit in his position they are willing to let him go left footed and can fill in at LB worth a shout ......... or not ......

We were apparently interested in him before we signed Fofana

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-ben-davies-profile-leicester-4431486

3 minutes ago, dhermon said:

Good shout that , he is as least as good as Dan and at 25 plenty of years in front of him. Seems like Tarks and Kabak are not happening , so why not?

40 minutes ago, thankyouleicester said:

Am I insane? 

Nurse? NURSE?!!!

1 hour ago, thankyouleicester said:

Am I insane? 

Or just sign that great Viking brute vestergaard.

1 hour ago, thankyouleicester said:

Am I insane? 

BR has previously said he wouldn't play with a lamppost up front, so I think that would rule Carroll out.

Personally I don't think he would be the worst option (injuries aside) but it seems he wants to leave Newcastle for more game time, so he's unlikely to want to come here to be 4th choice striker.

The Athletic reporting this morning that Leon Bailey and Samu Chukwueze are both on Everton's list of targets for their right wing (Townsend and Gray seen as cover for Richarlison and a new signing).

Is Chukwueze any good, we were linked a couple of seasons ago?

• Thanks 1