Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be astonished if we are done with signings. Rodgers has said he wants to address in the imbalance in the squad of a lack of attacking midfielders and wingers and he's signed neither yet. Nor do we have the players to improve us playing 3-4-1-2 so it would be a dreadful decision not to bring in any further players. 

It's been said on here that we've reached our usual net expenditure already on transfer incomings.  I agree with you, though, it would be a shame if the opportunity is missed this year to really strengthen and enhance the squad.  The opportunity I refer to is the suspension of FFP spending rules, which is good reason for Top to stretch our financial model (if he can find the money :)) just this once.  The obvious extra need being a RW and CB.  If Sowah and/or KDH perform outstandingly well in preseason and justify their place in the squad then they would provide welcome extra options, and competition, in addition.  We would have a genuinely strong squad then which would enable us to compete meaningfully across all the competitions we will be involved in.

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Michael Olise is going to Palace, that's a superb signing for them. He's got a very low release clause too. We best have a good right winger lined up, I'm starting to get riled.

I mean, it's the player's choice too ultimately. I'd rather sign for Palace to play in the first team and develop at my own pace instead of struggle for gametime at Leicester. Plus, if they get relegated he will get another transfer immediately afterwards if he does well enough, which would be harder here, best chance he'd get would be a loan out. 

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I really can't see that. 

Praet and Choudhury are almost certainly off, they both want first team football that they aren't going to get here and Soumaré, KDH and Sowah are all primed to join the first team squad. 

With Ghezzal also imminently leaving you're looking at 30-40m incoming from three sales which covers our incomings so far. Unless the financial situation is quite questionable that should leave room for one more first team starting quality player. 

Whilst in theory Praet and Choudhury would get us some money if we sold them, ultimately if there is no concrete demand for them we will be forced to sell low. We would be lucky to get 30 million for them plus Ghezzal imo.

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I mean, it's the player's choice too ultimately. I'd rather sign for Palace to play in the first team and develop at my own pace instead of struggle for gametime at Leicester. Plus, if they get relegated he will get another transfer immediately afterwards if he does well enough, which would be harder here, best chance he'd get would be a loan out. 

Palace is an absolute abomination of a club to go to, you just get stuck. Name a player that has gone there and got a move up the ladder? I'd go nowhere near teams like Palace, Newcastle, Burnley etc. It's an awful career move. Better to go to a newly promoted team than that and have a relegation release clause.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Whilst in theory Praet and Choudhury would get us some money if we sold them, ultimately if there is no concrete demand for them we will be forced to sell low. We would be lucky to get 30 million for them plus Ghezzal imo.

I'd take £30m for Praet and Choudhury to be honest.

I have a feeling Ward will go too and we'll get a 35+ year old back up on a 2 year deal, someone in the Heaton mould.

Another £5m for Ghazzel and perhaps sell Amartey too, then that's an extra £50m to bring in a quality RW , a fill in centre half and back up goalkeeper.

No need to replace Choudhury and Praet, as it would be worth promoting KDH to the first team squad, along with Tavares, if he signs a new deal.

42 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I thought 30 sounded a lot at first but if you think Ghezzal will probably go for around 6-8ish, it leaves you needing a bit less than 25 for the other two combined. 

I'd be surprised if we can't get 12/13 each for the pair. 

It's not that much in today's money, there are championship clubs that pay that for transfers. Newcastle were ready to pay more than that for Choudhury a couple months ago and Praet is still fairly well thought of around Europe. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I thought 30 sounded a lot at first but if you think Ghezzal will probably go for around 6-8ish, it leaves you needing a bit less than 25 for the other two combined. 

It's not that much in today's money, there are championship clubs that pay that for transfers. Newcastle were ready to pay more than that for Choudhury a couple months ago and Praet is still fairly well thought of around Europe. 

Ghezzal is rumoured to be going for £5m

But certainly possible we can get £10-15m each for Praet and Hamza

I still think either the centre back or winger is going to be a loan player with an option/obligation to buy and we will spend cash on the other

Praet will end up in Spain or Italy, Hamza will go to Newcastle, possibly Southampton

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is Kristoff Ajer the 4th choice CB and DCM cover we need come AFCON? I know swap deals never tend to happen but £5m + Benkovic and they'd snap our hands off.

How long is the clock up to on Benkovic's Time Since Last Injury? 

I'd be amazed if anyone risks any noteworthy sum of money for the kid. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How long is the clock up to on Benkovic's Time Since Last Injury? 

I'd be amazed if anyone risks any noteworthy sum of money for the kid. 

He managed a full shop at Asda without pulling up in the tins aisle

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is Kristoff Ajer the 4th choice CB and DCM cover we need come AFCON? I know swap deals never tend to happen but £5m + Benkovic and they'd snap our hands off.

Yes, this seems a natural outcome, but as others have said later, Benko is buggered so has little value

It’s a real shame about Benk. I really wanted him to do well here. Watching them comps before we signed him i thought we had pulled off a masterclass.. just a shame he’s made of crisps. Would much rather him on the bench then Amartey though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

It’s a real shame about Benk. I really wanted him to do well here. Watching them comps before we signed him i thought we had pulled off a masterclass.. just a shame he’s made of crisps.

That reminds me of an old spitting image sketch of breadsticks as supermodels...  'Where's my Ryvita?' *Snaps in half*.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

...Palace will not be relegated..!!!

Jeff Schlupp will still be clocking up Premiership minutes year in and year out and they will stay as a mid table Premiership club.

Any success, as in wanting away will see him priced out of a move to any club, he has effectively, boxed himself in for a long period. His only route is to underperform and no aspirational club is going to be looking at him, should that be the case.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

...it is the market place, which is becoming saturated with bargains!!!

It inevitably drives prices down.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Ghezzal is rumoured to be going for £5m

But certainly possible we can get £10-15m each for Praet and Hamza

I still think either the centre back or winger is going to be a loan player with an option/obligation to buy and we will spend cash on the other

Praet will end up in Spain or Italy, Hamza will go to Newcastle, possibly Southampton

I believe Hamza will go ,but imo to let Praet go would be a big mistake ,I wouldrather see Perez go tbh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I believe Hamza will go ,but imo to let Praet go would be a big mistake ,I wouldrather see Perez go tbh

The problem is no one is giving you a sack of walnuts for Chiudhury or Perez.  Praet is a desirable player and could bring back some cash, and will be desperate to leave.

9 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I too would rather keep Praet, but it may be a case that he wants to leave so he can acquire more game time and I wouldn't resent him leaving if this is the case.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think 28 million is optimistic for Praet...

If we sold Perez as well, would we get to £28m?

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

If we sold Perez as well, would we get to £28m?

My guess is you could get 3-4 million for Hamza, and maybe 5-7 for Perez.  If so, maybe - I think Praet could easily fetch 17-20 million.

7 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

My guess is you could get 3-4 million for Hamza, and maybe 5-7 for Perez.  If so, maybe - I think Praet could easily fetch 17-20 million.

That would be way too low for Hamza, should be able to get minimum £10m for him

Premier League clubs are still able to throw that kind of money at a player

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Come on it;s England we are talking about, similar players regularly change hands for three times that. Hamza would fetch 8 figures easily and Perez the same. The issue in shifting Perez however will be that no one will be in a rush to pay him his current wage.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Come on it;s England we are talking about, similar players regularly change hands for three times that. Hamza would fetch 8 figures easily and Perez the same. The issue in shifting Perez however will be that no one will be in a rush to pay him his current wage.

Only way I can see Perez leaving is on loan probably to a Spanish team, even then I imagine we will end up subsidising a good chunk of his wages