Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

If the strong rumours are true, we are a rw away from our best ever transfer window... on paper at least. 

kabak wouldn’t have been my first choice but it’s hard to see it as anything short of a bargain. 

Daka, Bertrand, kabak, soumare (plus kdh and sowah returning) Huge upgrade on last years squad. 

All eyes on Berradi for the rest of the window. 

• Like 3

Romain Faivre would be my RW of preference now a few others are off the market. There are no links with us, but would cost maybe £20m. Berardi seems very unlikely to leave Sassuolo now, and would be much more expensive. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

If the strong rumours are true, we are a rw away from our best ever transfer window... on paper at least. 

kabak wouldn’t have been my first choice but it’s hard to see it as anything short of a bargain. 

Daka, Bertrand, kabak, soumare (plus kdh and sowah returning) Huge upgrade on last years squad. 

All eyes on Berradi for the rest of the window. 

If we sign Berardi it will be a net spend of about 90 million. Is this a massive change of policy?. No interest whatsoever in our squad players so one of Maddison or Tielemans must be going if the usual transfer spend applies

Vestergaard is nearly out of contract no? I'd love him here, he has bad games occasionally but would be a very useful option off the bench and offers things our other centrebacks don't. Plus I think under a coach like Rodgers he'd play some of his better football, which he's shown is quite stellar at Southampton.

• Like 2

If in an imaginary scenario where we lost Maddison, for say £70 million, and got Vlasic for £25 million, Madueke for £20 million, and Vestergaard for £15 million that would be very good business. Including business so far, that would bring net spend to roughly 27 million if numbers for Daka and Soumaré can be trusted, not including potential numbers for Choudhury and Ghezzal. If Praet left as well we would also get another attacking midfielder, potentially someone like Brandt for £30 million or something like that. That would perfectly fill out our squad.

Vardy/Iheanacho

Barnes/Daka Vlasic/Brandt Madueke/Albrighton

Ndidi/Soumaré Tielemans/Dewsbury-Hall

Justin/Bertrand Evans/Vestergaard Soyuncu/Fofana Pereira/Castagne

Schmeichel/Ward

with Perez, Benkovic, Amartey, and some others providing depth as well, hopefully with Thomas going out on loan if Justin is already back.

55 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If in an imaginary scenario where we lost Maddison, for say £70 million, and got Vlasic for £25 million, Madueke for £20 million, and Vestergaard for £15 million that would be very good business. Including business so far, that would bring net spend to roughly 27 million if numbers for Daka and Soumaré can be trusted, not including potential numbers for Choudhury and Ghezzal. If Praet left as well we would also get another attacking midfielder, potentially someone like Brandt for £30 million or something like that. That would perfectly fill out our squad.

Vardy/Iheanacho

Schmeichel/Ward

with Perez, Benkovic, Amartey, and some others providing depth as well, hopefully with Thomas going out on loan if Justin is already back.

....just watched Brandt on YouTube, reminds me of Maddison!!!

If Maddison went, I can see us bringing him in as a like for like player. Has better pace on the ball and can drive at a defence, ball control looks a touch suspect as he seems a bit award at times and the ball is too far from his feet. Has an eye for a pass and looks better when he is attempting to play someone in, no problems with his strength on the ball and I cannot recall seeing him go down even when fouled.

If Maddison goes, then you would be putting good money on this player replacing him, you just get the feeling personality wise he is just the right fit.

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Vardy/Iheanacho

Schmeichel/Ward

Someone's been playing too much Football Manager.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Could do a lot worse, if he could be got for around the £12m mark I think he'd be a better option than Kabak in the short to medium term.

Interesting how the opinion on Vestergaard has changed so favourably in a year. Another player who did quite well in the Bundesliga and then came to the PL and struggled and everyone thought he was a donkey. Kabak was ridiculously hyped up only s year ago, for £12m it's a no brainer.

• Like 2

Vestergaard - "I'm in my prime at 28, an International, start for Southampton, so what will be my role in your team Brendan?" 

Brendan - "4th choice CB. We rate Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana extremely highly and see you as Big Wes' replacement" 

*Phone line goes dead*  

• Like 4

On 13/07/2021 at 23:33, StanSP said:

Stengs to Nice. 

Boadu to Monaco. 

Really surprised Stengs hasn't gone to a slightly bigger club. No disrespect to OGC Nice but they finished 9th in Ligue 1 last season. Is that definitely a step up from AZ Alkmaar? I guess it is in theory a more competitive league...?

• Like 1

Has anyone got a link to the rumour that we have pretty much spent up already? I've seen that referenced to a few times on various threads. Curious if that is potentially accurate

I am still hoping we have £30-40million under the mattress for a world class right winger! :fc: 

Having a look at what we have and what we really need two signings stand out for me . But 1st I would love to see us sell mendy and choudry and Perez . So a CB must be a must and then a cover for ndidi who can also play In the CM roll . I know we all want a RW but we will have to wait for that luxury, Ricardo can fill that spot

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Has anyone got a link to the rumour that we have pretty much spent up already? I've seen that referenced to a few times on various threads. Curious if that is potentially accurate

I am still hoping we have £30-40million under the mattress for a world class right winger! :fc: 

Reckon we are that point now where we need to sell to buy, which should not be an issue as we have some decent players to shift. Realise this totally does not answer your question though!  lol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Reckon we are that point now where we need to sell to buy, which should not be an issue as we have some decent players to shift. Realise this totally does not answer your question though!  lol

Which decent players do you actually want to shift, though?

The likes of Perez, Choudhury and Ghezzal are not going to fetch the kind of money we need to fill the gaping hole on the wing, never mind add a CB.  Most are not keen on selling Tielemans or Maddison, and selling either creates another expensive hole to fill.  Praet is likely good for 18-20 million and if he's never going to factor under Rodgers anyway should be sold, but who else?

7 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Really surprised Stengs hasn't gone to a slightly bigger club. No disrespect to OGC Nice but they finished 9th in Ligue 1 last season. Is that definitely a step up from AZ Alkmaar? I guess it is in theory a more competitive league...?

Slightly better and more competitive league but definitely could have gone to a better team. 

• Like 1