Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

It’s so annoying to hear players saying they’re waiting on CL qualification before signing.

If that’s the case I would rather sign players that want to come here  where ever  we are next season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

YT or madders 

Youri will have to play less next season.....and if you’re proposing playing two CDM’s then it had better work more than wilf and papy does ! 

Who knows but Liverpool made it work . Soumaré appears to be a ball carrier like Kanté so should be more progressive. Our full backs though will have to be attack minded and link with the attackers . Alexander-Arnold and Robertson link with the Liverpool front three very effectively.

Edited by An Sionnach

12 minutes ago, dayday said:

It’s so annoying to hear players saying they’re waiting on CL qualification before signing.

If that’s the case I would rather sign players that want to come here  where ever  we are next season.

The best players want to play in the best competitions, and I don't blame them. If we're only wanting to sign players that want to come here, then we're limiting ourselves to a much smaller pool of players, who don't have as much quality. Remember Kante never wanted to come here.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, dayday said:

What a short sighted point. 

Best players want to play in the best competitions. That's the whole point of us trying to quality for the CL in the first place? 

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

What a short sighted point. 

Best players want to play in the best competitions. That's the whole point of us trying to quality for the CL in the first place? 

I get that, but saying only if we get CL football is a bit off putting.

He’s 22,a lot to prove and no guarantees that a team with CL football will sign him.

Wesley Fofana is the perfect example a player who probably could of gone to a bigger established side with CL football , but he chose us

Sometimes it’s better to go to a side that will make you a better player rather than a side where you could or most probably sit on the bench.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dayday said:

I get that, but saying only if we get CL football is a bit off putting.

He’s 22,a lot to prove and no guarantees that a team with CL football will sign him.

Wesley Fofana is the perfect example a player who probably could of gone to a bigger established side with CL football , but he chose us

Sometimes it’s better to go to a side that will make you a better player rather than a side where you could or most probably sit on the bench.

Bit different as there weren't any CL sides interested in him

It was us, West Ham, and AC Milan (who had Europa League)

There is every chance CL sides could be interested in Soumare this summer, as in the article above AC Milan have been interested in him the past 2 transfer windows and could get CL football, and he has been regularly linked with some of the big clubs

• Like 1

I think the point for Soumaré and Gosens is they would both likely get Champions league next season were they to stay with their current clubs. So understandable for them to move to us this summer they would want to still have the chance to play in the Champions league. Makes us getting there even more important otherwise we won’t be able to get this quality of signing over the line. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

And that will continue to be our problem. We set targets up and have discussions going, but if we flop getting CL again, we'll lose out. 

Welcome to the life of a Celtic fan lol

Our priority targets (the ones that don't have EPL offers anyway) tend to wait until mid August to see if we make the CL groups before agreeing to sign.

• Sad 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Lil Wes loving it.

If he's put a good word in for us then that's great. If he could do the same for Camavinga then that'd be even better lol 

I would do despicable things to get Camavinga lol

C31F8815-07EC-41A8-B969-C2CB2158B228.jpeg

Lil Wes is so happy that it's his turn to be bought a fellow countryman football friend :blush:

He better play well in these last few games so we can actually afford the transfer funds lol

Edited by brucey
  • Like 4

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

£30m seems overpriced to me given his contract situation but he's a good player with a lot of improvement in him. 

Pittance in today's market. We're paying for his potential as well to be fair.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

£30m seems overpriced to me given his contract situation but he's a good player with a lot of improvement in him. 

Less than €30m, so I imagine will probably €20-25 with a couple of bonuses

• Like 4