Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 2-4 Newcastle - Vote Now

Leicester City 2-4 Newcastle

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 4.4

Total Average Rating

161 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kelechi Iheanacho 5.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Çağlar Söyüncü 2.4
  4. Manager Confidence 85% -12%

Season: 2020/21
Voting Starts: 07/05/21
Voting Ends: 10/05/21

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Timothy Castagne
  3. Wesley Fofana
  4. Çağlar Söyüncü
  5. Ricardo Pereira
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Youri Tielemans
  8. Marc Albrighton
  9. James Maddison
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Ayoze Pérez (sub)
  13. Luke Thomas (sub)
  14. Nampalys Mendy (sub)

Maddison lucky Soyuncu decided to battle him for the lowest score.

Just has showed that Evans is the star man at the back, not Fofana or Soyuncu. 

Maddison shouldn't start again this season. Joke of a performance again from him. 

Ndidi I can't remember his last good game. 

Rodgers deserved a low low score today too

• Like 2

Fofana was absolutely woeful. Worse than Soyuncu in my opinion.

Who knew not eating or drinking all day could negatively impact your performance as an elite sportsman.

Aside from that, I remember Rodgers saying how happy he was for having Fofana for his heading ability.

Yet to see that. Should have scored his chance, should have won the header on the corner for the second goal. 

Really is a battle for worst performer this week. 

Kasper - 5 - couple of good saves should’ve dealt with crosses better. 

Castagne - 4 - wasted at CB and should’ve done better when he assisted Wilson. 
Fofana - 4 - all over the place defensively, looked lost and kept stepping up. 
Soyuncu - 3 - woeful. His touch his passing his positioning all of it. 

Ricardo - 4 - Just doesn’t look up to it at the minute. A passenger. 
Tielemans - 5 - not great but not as bad as some of the others. As in didn’t do anything awful so gets a 5. 
Ndidi - 3 - one of his worst games in the shirt. Constantly gave it away with poor touch or misplaced passes. 
Albrighton - 5 - Didn’t work at LWB had no where to go although finished his goal well

Maddison - 3 - Awful. Offered nothing again and slowed the play down. 

Iheanacho - 5 - good finish for thé goal but not much else. Still probably enough to be our best player. 

Vardy - 4 - decent assist for Madders but hasn’t looked like scoring recently, and didn’t offer much else. 

In fairness thought Perez and Thomas at least provided some impetus when they came on and should start in midweek. But overall poor performance. 

Rodgers - 3 - got it wrong. Evans injury was unfortunate but the team didn’t work and should’ve fixed it much sooner. But STAY still, still going to deliver our second best PL season and FA cup final. Some perspective needed. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Who knew not eating or drinking all day could negatively impact your performance as an elite sportsman.

Aside from that, I remember Rodgers saying how happy he was for having Fofana for his heading ability.

Yet to see that. Should have scored his chance, should have won the header on the corner for the second goal. 

Fofana has missed some huge headed chances off set pieces. The one tonight would have made it 1-1 straight after they scored, the one in the last minute at West Ham that would have got us a point and one in the home game v Fulham that would have put us ahead in a game that we went on to lose.

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Dummett used him to elevate (without putting both hands on him to make it obvious), which made it effectively impossible for Fofana to get off the ground.

Kasper MOTM for that early save, couldn’t find a - option for the rest.

Two of the toughest games in our recent history this coming week and we put on a shit show like that, that was probably the worst home performance I have seen in many many years.

I honestly can’t see what Rodgers can do to lift or change this teams spirit for the Man Utd & Chelsea games, shame really as we all built up our expectations and we end up with that pile of rubbish...

Up the City... 

Guest bennytwohats
9 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Maddison lucky Soyuncu decided to battle him for the lowest score.

Just has showed that Evans is the star man at the back, not Fofana or Soyuncu. 

Maddison shouldn't start again this season. Joke of a performance again from him. 

Ndidi I can't remember his last good game. 

Rodgers deserved a low low score today too

I think this hits the nail on the head really. Naturally people are overreacting a little bit after a result like this but there is a lot in what is being said as well. I had the realisation with Ndid yesterday too - maybe he should be dropped fro Mendy next game? Rogers summed up the defence yesterday when he said Cags and Fofana are individuals, Evans is the brain - without him that was a shambles. There has to be some kind of fix there? Be it spending more time coaching those two tactically, or putting a cooler head in there with them like Fuchs perhaps? Maddison has been a complete passenger since his return to injury, or coincidentally since the party incident where he showed a lack of respect to the fans and his team mates - Perez has been more effective the past few times he's played, and I'd rather see Praet in the same system or Under in a different system than him again, surely it can't be worse?! Vardy is another one who has gone from scoring, to not scoring but still contributing, to not contributing at all - at this point in time it's like playing with 10 men with him on the pitch.

Mentally we seeming in bits. Terrified of messing up the moment we stepped on to the pitch. Clawed back a fraction of dignity at the end but just too little too late. Rainieri was masterful at taking the pressure off the players in our title win, and what I'd give for a bit of that steel and resilience right now. It's hard because Rogers seems to be saying a lot of the things one would expect in his press conferences, but something isn't right in that camp. 

Now that's off my chest, going to switch off from the football for the weekend. Onwards and upwards for next week, let's hope there is still some fight in the camp

My MOTM for last nights shitshow was the corner flag, it had better movement than anyone else on the pitch. It also did not give the ball away once, was solid in positioning and really looked slim and fit. Superb waving ability too. 8/10

20 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I think this hits the nail on the head really. Naturally people are overreacting a little bit after a result like this but there is a lot in what is being said as well. I had the realisation with Ndid yesterday too - maybe he should be dropped fro Mendy next game? Rogers summed up the defence yesterday when he said Cags and Fofana are individuals, Evans is the brain - without him that was a shambles. There has to be some kind of fix there? Be it spending more time coaching those two tactically, or putting a cooler head in there with them like Fuchs perhaps? Maddison has been a complete passenger since his return to injury, or coincidentally since the party incident where he showed a lack of respect to the fans and his team mates - Perez has been more effective the past few times he's played, and I'd rather see Praet in the same system or Under in a different system than him again, surely it can't be worse?! Vardy is another one who has gone from scoring, to not scoring but still contributing, to not contributing at all - at this point in time it's like playing with 10 men with him on the pitch.

Mentally we seeming in bits. Terrified of messing up the moment we stepped on to the pitch. Clawed back a fraction of dignity at the end but just too little too late. Rainieri was masterful at taking the pressure off the players in our title win, and what I'd give for a bit of that steel and resilience right now. It's hard because Rogers seems to be saying a lot of the things one would expect in his press conferences, but something isn't right in that camp. 

Now that's off my chest, going to switch off from the football for the weekend. Onwards and upwards for next week, let's hope there is still some fight in the camp

Cheer yourself up and watch Derby lose to Sheffield Wednesday to plummet into league 1.

On 08/05/2021 at 00:58, NaijaFox said:

Dummett used him to elevate (without putting both hands on him to make it obvious), which made it effectively impossible for Fofana to get off the ground.

Dummett wouldn't have had that opportunity if Fofana didn't lose the flight of the ball and take a step forward in the first place. By the time Fofana was under the ball, yes it was impossible. Defending is about anticipation. 

9 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Dummett wouldn't have had that opportunity if Fofana didn't lose the flight of the ball and take a step forward in the first place. By the time Fofana was under the ball, yes it was impossible. Defending is about anticipation.

Not always. It’s often also about reaction. Generally, an attacking player will almost always have first-step (and thus the anticipatory) advantage. In this instance, Fofana couldn’t adequately react to Dummett’s because he had the latter’s elbow pushing him down.

Edited by NaijaFox

14 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Not always. It’s often also about reaction. Generally, an attacking player will almost always have first-step (and thus the anticipatory) advantage. In this instance, Fofana couldn’t adequately react to Dummett’s because he had the latter’s elbow pushing him down.

We'll have to agree to disagree. He lost the flight of the ball and made a bad call to take a step towards it. Step back, attack ball with a one step and jump and it's a different situation entirely. I got this wrong enough times in my life as a goalkeeper to spot the error!