Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest bss9401

Gods and monsters

10 hours ago, bss9401 said:

I won't be moved from respecting the contribution made by players, coaches and managers, especially if it is during successful periods. What happened before or after does cause bitterness and opinions can change as a result. 

The point is that some rise above even that and that there are others who are complete opposites. 

Exactly, Kante rose above it and Chilwell didn’t 

So many conflicting memories of Chilwell lol

The facts are:

1)  He's not a Leicester lad, he's from Milton Keynes

2) He didn't get a PL medal, he played two FAC games and one EFL cup game that season which was also spent, in part, on loan at Huddersfield.

3) PL debut boxing day 2016 (Everton 0-2)

4) The internet is really useful for finding out stuff.   It's dead easy*.

*You can also find out stuff that you weren't even looking for, ie his grandfather was Guy Shuttleworth who played football for Corinthian Casuals and won an England amatuer cap in 1949 and played first class cricket for Cambridge University.

I did wonder why he got booed at every touch yesterday.  Perhaps it was his comments before the game about how desperate he was to beat us and added an extra bit of needle which was probably unnecessary.  Quite funny now though.

Edited by murphy

For me, it’s a sliding scale:

Legends - Kasper, Vardy, Fuchs, Morgan, Huth, Kante, Albrighton, Simpson, Tielemans, Mahrez, Elliott, Walsh, Izzet, Heskey, Okazaki, King, Raneri, Rodgers, O’Neil, Pearson, Kaamark, Srivaddhanaprabha Family. 

Top Tier - N’Didi, Claridge, Taggart, Lennon, Soyuncu, Fofana, Evans, Maddison, Barnes, Iheanacho, Ricardo, Castagne, Justin, Ulloa, Dyer, Howard, Marshall, Guppy, Grayson, Lineker.

Middle - Perez, Mendy, Praet, Thomas, Choudhury, Drinkwater, James, Knockaert, Nugent, Impey, Sinclair, Keller, Roberts, Parker, Tunchev.

No real opinion - Amartey, Maguire, Gray, De Laet, Schlupp, Konchesky, Waghorn, Waghorn, Fryatt, Hume, McAuley, Stewart, Savage, Dickov, Ferdinand, Whitlow, Hill, Joachim, Prior, Speddie (upgraded himself from

a Villain), Yakubu, Mandaric, Collymore, Piper. 

Lower Tier - Junior Lewis, Stearman, Mattock, Akinbye, Kermogant, Peter Taylor, McGee, Holloway, Beckford, Pierpoint.

Villain- Wise.

Everyone will have a different list. I don’t remember Banks, Shilton (at Leicester), Nish, Weller, Rowley, Chandler etc, other generations will. People will view things differently as well. 

Chilwell is an absolute nob. I dislike him more than any other player that has left since we won the league. Maguire gets slated on here but he showed respect to us after we won the cup. Chilwell has done nothing but show disrespect since he left. Would love him to end up like Drinkwater who is also a nob. Cant believe anyone could dislike kante though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

For me, it’s a sliding scale:

Legends - Kasper, Vardy, Fuchs, Morgan, Huth, Kante, Albrighton, Simpson, Tielemans, Mahrez, Elliott, Walsh, Izzet, Heskey, Okazaki, King, Raneri, Rodgers, O’Neil, Pearson, Kaamark, Srivaddhanaprabha Family. 

Top Tier - N’Didi, Claridge, Taggart, Lennon, Soyuncu, Fofana, Evans, Maddison, Barnes, Iheanacho, Ricardo, Castagne, Justin, Ulloa, Dyer, Howard, Marshall, Guppy, Grayson, Lineker.

Middle - Perez, Mendy, Praet, Thomas, Choudhury, Drinkwater, James, Knockaert, Nugent, Impey, Sinclair, Keller, Roberts, Parker, Tunchev.

No real opinion - Amartey, Maguire, Gray, De Laet, Schlupp, Konchesky, Waghorn, Waghorn, Fryatt, Hume, McAuley, Stewart, Savage, Dickov, Ferdinand, Whitlow, Hill, Joachim, Prior, Speddie (upgraded himself from

a Villain), Yakubu, Mandaric, Collymore, Piper. 

Lower Tier - Junior Lewis, Stearman, Mattock, Akinbye, Kermogant, Peter Taylor, McGee, Holloway, Beckford, Pierpoint.

Villain- Wise.

Everyone will have a different list. I don’t remember Banks, Shilton (at Leicester), Nish, Weller, Rowley, Chandler etc, other generations will. People will view things differently as well. 

Cambiasso?

11 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I really really really don’t get the Chilwell hate. A Leicester boy, came through the academy, played for England. Left for an absolute fortune, and wouldn’t have got in our team this year. If you’re going to sell someone, surely the only criteria are 1) expensive and 2) won’t be missed.

Good luck to him, I hope he has a happy and successful career, except when he plays against us.

The lad is not from Leicester and was never a fan of the club first. 

He tried his best to manufacture a move to Liverpool at the end of the title winning season and did not even bother to go to any games when injured at the end of last seson. 

Some of the shite he has put on Twitter about really wanting to beat us more than any other team confirms what kind of twat he is.

The way he celebrated on Saturday tells you everything you need to know how he feels about Leicester. When the goal was disallowed it got as big a cheer as the goal. Booing him every time he went near the ball tells shows what most fans feel aboit him. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sampson said:

He was a youth team player when we won the league. He didn't play a single minute - not even in the League Cup. 

Chilwell isn't a monster either. He was just a pretty good player for us, who was neither as good as his predecessor or his replacement- exactly the same as Maguire. Who we'll have probably both forgotten played for the club in 15 years time.

Decent players but pretty insignificant in the history of Leicester City, especially when they were in the middle of the likes of Fuchs, Morgan, Huth, Evans and Soyunchu- who will all go down as greats in the club's history.

He played in the FA Cup didn’t he? 

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

The lad is not from Leicester and was never a fan of the club first. 

He tried his best to manufacture a move to Liverpool at the end of the title winning season and did not even bother to go to any games when injured at the end of last seson. 

Some of the shite he has put on Twitter about really wanting to beat us more than any other team confirms what kind of twat he is.

The way he celebrated on Saturday tells you everything you need to know how he feels about Leicester. When the goal was disallowed it got as big a cheer as the goal. Booing him every time he went near the ball tells shows what most fans feel aboit him. 

It was well know he was not from Leicester and did not support the club. I was always uneasy when he got the ‘one of our chant’ as he blatantly never was.

• Like 1

"It's the big one for me. We lost to them earlier in the season which 100% for me was the lowest point of the season. To now play them in the FA Cup final, there's probably not a game more in my career that I want to win."

That's the quote for anyone that's not seen it. I think it's a cheap rivalry to have towards a team that brought you through into the big time. Small gestures go a long way as an ex player to cementing you as a 'good guy' (saying positive things in interviews, clapping fans). Guess he didn't want to do that, and karma came back to haunt him on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

He played in the FA Cup didn’t he? 

Both games against Spurs in the FA Cup and against Hull in the League Cup

300 minutes played in the cup, 0 in the league

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

"It's the big one for me. We lost to them earlier in the season which 100% for me was the lowest point of the season. To now play them in the FA Cup final, there's probably not a game more in my career that I want to win."

That's the quote for anyone that's not seen it. I think it's a cheap rivalry to have towards a team that brought you through into the big time. Small gestures go a long way as an ex player to cementing you as a 'good guy' (saying positive things in interviews, clapping fans). Guess he didn't want to do that, and karma came back to haunt him on Saturday. 

Context here.

When we beat Chelsea it was the lowest point in their season and they ended up sacking their manager.

Further context it is the FA cup final of course there is no game in his career he would rather win, it's his first final.

I don't think he said anything too out of order here. Perhaps not the best wording but he is not saying anything bad against Leicester. I still like Chilwell as a player and I'll forgive his celebration he was booed every touch and he thought he just created an equaliser in the last minute of the FA Cup final.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Context here.

When we beat Chelsea it was the lowest point in their season and they ended up sacking their manager.

Further context it is the FA cup final of course there is no game in his career he would rather win, it's his first final.

I don't think he said anything too out of order here. Perhaps not the best wording but he is not saying anything bad against Leicester. I still like Chilwell as a player and I'll forgive his celebration he was booed every touch and he thought he just created an equaliser in the last minute of the FA Cup final.

If he gets in ahead of Shaw this summer (big if) for England, I’d cheer him.

Different team, different tournament, different day. 

People know that Ben has been swayed by a crowd before (Millwall), so what not use the 12th man to our advantage. 

I’m sure Maddison, Chilwell, Mount, Justin, Barnes, Hamza, James etc, all had a bit of banter between them before and after the game. We don’t have the divisions in football, like we had in 98, 00 etc where players dislike each other. 

I can imagine a Belgium / England final at  this years Euros would have a similar theme. 

On 16/05/2021 at 12:33, hejammy said:

A picture speaks a thousand words... 

Screenshot_20210516-123242.jpg

Just realised there's one player missing from that line up who's won both the League and the FA Cup. Big Dan.