Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest bss9401

Gods and monsters

Guest Bert Fill
17 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

So Chilwell is just a monster who is on the Premier league trophy presentation picture I have hung up in my house. 

I still don't view him in quite the same way as Dennis Wise or Ade Akinbiyi. 

That is ridiculously unfair.

Akinbiyi was just pants, not evil.

Not sure Ben Chilwell played any games in our Premier league winning season but a monster no, he has played a part like Harry Maguire in getting us where we are now. The club clearly has plans to be more than a team making up the numbers. Pretty much everyone on here knew he was going in the summer and out of the back four he was the one we could replace the easiest. His sale helped us bring in 2 quality players and unearth a couple of gems in JJ and Luke. The guy is not a Leicester legend either but someone who has played a part just like the much maligned Puel gets dogs abuse on here and we played some pretty poor football but he has more claims to have helped us on our way be steadying the ship and some bloody good buys, BR has just stepped them up a couple of levels. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

So Chilwell is just a monster who is on the Premier league trophy presentation picture I have hung up in my house. 

I still don't view him in quite the same way as Dennis Wise or Ade Akinbiyi. 

He was a youth team player when we won the league. He didn't play a single minute - not even in the League Cup. 

Chilwell isn't a monster either. He was just a pretty good player for us, who was neither as good as his predecessor or his replacement- exactly the same as Maguire. Who we'll have probably both forgotten played for the club in 15 years time.

Decent players but pretty insignificant in the history of Leicester City, especially when they were in the middle of the likes of Fuchs, Morgan, Huth, Evans and Soyunchu- who will all go down as greats in the club's history.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Guest bss9401
26 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Shambles post. Wes wouldn’t be a monster even if he picked the ball up and threw it in the net yesterday

Yep, he pretty much did that. Wes is a God by right of lifting the trophy but would have been captain of a Championship side if Huth hadn't come along and dragged the defence into shape.

If Wise is your benchmark for a monster then he stands alone no one comes near him.

The others are all just ex-players/managers who didn't come up to our standard and are really not worth the energy of hate.

• Thanks 1

Guest bss9401
3 minutes ago, davieG said:

If Wise is your benchmark for a monster then he stands alone no one comes near him.

The others are all just ex-players/managers who didn't come up to our standard and are really not worth the energy. 

Other people are entitled to give their opinion of what qualifies someone as aGod or monster.

1 minute ago, bss9401 said:

Other people are entitled to give their opinion of what qualifies someone as aGod or monster.

Of course and I just stated mine. :dunno: So what's your problem.

Guest bss9401
Just now, davieG said:

Of course and I just stated mine. :dunno: So what's your problem.

You not giving an opinion on what is a God or monster, only criticising.

1 minute ago, bss9401 said:

You not giving an opinion on what is a God or monster, only criticising.

Hmm, I beg to differ I'm saying in my opinion Wise is a monster and no one else comes near him and i wont waste my energy hating anyone else as I think it's futile.

You can hate who you want.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401
9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hmm, I beg to differ I'm saying in my opinion Wise is a monster and no one else comes near him and i wont waste my energy hating anyone else as I think it's futile.

You can hate who you want.

God is a serious term for someone who has been extremely good or influential above all others.

Monster is a playful term for someone who has been extremely poor and damaging to those around while they were with us.

I'd say Frank McLintock, Rodger Davies, Tommy English, Dennis Wise and Rab Douglas can be examples, or not if you disagree.

Someone who takes the word monster so seriously may have plenty of their own so should avoid using it.

6 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

God is a serious term for someone who has been extremely good or influential above all others.

Monster is a playful term for someone who has been extremely poor and damaging to those around while they were with us.

I'd say Frank McLintock, Rodger Davies, Tommy English, Dennis Wise and Rab Douglas can be examples, or not if you disagree.

Someone who takes the word monster so seriously may have plenty of their own so should avoid using it.

Whatever, I'm not on here to argue with you. I've stated my opinion and I'm out.

6 hours ago, bss9401 said:

For me pretty much everyone who picked up a Premier league winners medal for us is a legend. 

This is set apart from that as extreme incidents or qualities can make someone a God or monster.

Ben is that you? Picked yourself up off the canvas yet? 

• Haha 1

For me pretty much everyone who picked up a Premier league winners medal for us is a legend. 

This is set apart from that as extreme incidents or qualities can make someone a God or monster.

No they really aren’t. Legend status is earn’t by true commitment to the football club. In recent years people like vardy, wes, kasper, albrighton would all be guaranteed legend status once they retire. Tielemans, ndidi are not far behind. Other than that i wouldn’t class the others as ‘legends’.

5 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

Chillwell is a snake a Judas and a monster why do you think he got boo’d every time he touched the ball he wasn’t and never will be a Leicester legend.

I really really really don’t get the Chilwell hate. A Leicester boy, came through the academy, played for England. Left for an absolute fortune, and wouldn’t have got in our team this year. If you’re going to sell someone, surely the only criteria are 1) expensive and 2) won’t be missed.

Good luck to him, I hope he has a happy and successful career, except when he plays against us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

The others are all just ex-players/managers who didn't come up to our standard and are really not worth the energy of hate.

This...and anyone who harbours negative feelings towards Kante needs to get out a bit and go smell some fresh air. I've never heard such guff.

After yesterday I would like to get peoples thoughts on who qualifies as a Leicester City God or monster.

Schmeichel is now a God Imo. Vardy, Ranieri and Wes also (although an og from Wes yesterday might have swung him towards monster).

Dennis Wise is a clear monster. Chilwell is a legend but now also a monster. 

How is Chillwell a legend ?? That’s a silly comment, how is he a legend or ever was a legend ? 

Peter Taylor. Single handedly destroyed the team spirit built up by O'Neill. Polar oposite of Brendan with regards to man management.  Started off well but we were soon on a dreadful run of results that left him looking like he was out of his depth and us looking at the table with real fear.  Hopeless tactical awareness,  criminally wasteful transfer deals, and transferred out the club icon Steve Walsh to really piss off the fans. 

Whilst 'monster' is not a term I would have used for him,  'villain'  yeah that'll do!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bss9401 said:

After yesterday I would like to get peoples thoughts on who qualifies as a Leicester City God or monster.

Schmeichel is now a God Imo. Vardy, Ranieri and Wes also (although an og from Wes yesterday might have swung him towards monster).

Dennis Wise is a clear monster. Chilwell is a legend but now also a monster. 

Reminds me of some daft, up their own arse tw@ts at a Christmas party I once attended playing Goddess or Dog. Couldn’t quite believe it. Called them all misogynist willy pullers and went off to chat up some totty. Honestly, pillocks. 😂

Edited by ARM1968