Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

The Annoying Advert Thread

26 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Those Cinch car ads with Rylan can get straight in the bin, along with that Heycar one with the bearded bloke singing.

There's one on the radio at the moment that starts off with him saying "I called my mate Gary the other day and said 'I'm waiting for a Chinese to be delivered, what are you up to?'"

If even my closest mate called me up and opened the conversation with "I'm waiting for a Chinese to be delivered, what are you up to" - I'd probably reply with "I didn't ask about your dinner. Why are you calling me?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, kingfox said:

“My favourite is the cottage pie...nooooo Lasagne”

Hope you choke mate.

I've never seen that, but outstanding acting skills there

Also quite a funny concept where so many companies are popping up like Hello Fresh etc, encouraging people to cook with supplied fresh ingredients. This company are doing microwave meals that don't even need to be refrigerated, I mean... without even trying it you know that is going to be the absolute lowest quality meal you could possibly eat. I also wonder what kind of person can't afford a fridge, but is happy to spend a minimum of £2.99 on microwave meals, the likes of which are readily available at any supermarket for about 80p

14 hours ago, Corky said:

Ocado is my current, er, favourite of this type.

The worst have to be adverts where some crappy female is airily singing a belting anthem in a slowed down, twee fashion. Companies should be fined for it.

A trend that is so played-out it seems like it's mandated by law or something. Shameless bandwagon-jumping.

14 hours ago, Dunge said:

Plenty of annoying adverts, not least the one that seems to be on all the time right now butchering a song by the Carpenters, but none I’ve actually had to actively turn off until the Kevin Bacon / getting shaved by a robot one. That is an incredibly uncomfortable watch.

I made myself laugh at the shaving robot one the first time I saw it. As soon as the bloke in the chair said, "This thing's gonna..." my childish mind filled in the rest.

13 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Are we talking currenty, or historically?

Because not much beats this...

This honestly might be my favourite ad ever. It's just so refreshingly bullshit-free.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Are we talking currenty, or historically?

Because not much beats this...

Probably cost Safestyle a few grand to make, which in advertising world is absolutely nothing.

One of the most derided, dogshit adverts ever created, and yet everyone remembers it. 

That's marketing for ya. 

• Like 1

Here's my nomination.

It must've cost Dior tens and tens of millions in production costs, to buy out Depp and its absurd media spend (It's seemingly been running for about 3 years now?) 

I mean, were the creatives huffing paint when they came up with this shit? Even by scent advert standards its nonsensical bollocks. 

And it makes me want to punch Johnny Depp in the face.

Edited by RoboFox

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I've never seen that, but outstanding acting skills there

Also quite a funny concept where so many companies are popping up like Hello Fresh etc, encouraging people to cook with supplied fresh ingredients. This company are doing microwave meals that don't even need to be refrigerated, I mean... without even trying it you know that is going to be the absolute lowest quality meal you could possibly eat. I also wonder what kind of person can't afford a fridge, but is happy to spend a minimum of £2.99 on microwave meals, the likes of which are readily available at any supermarket for about 80p

Old people in adverts are the worst.

Their latest one is of a woman, who gets herself a date via OAP Tinder.

Poor guy was probably hoping for a nice steak, instead he gets a microwaveable hotpot from Parsley Box.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Old people in adverts are the worst.

Their latest one is of a woman, who gets herself a date via OAP Tinder.

Poor guy was probably hoping for a nice steak, instead he gets a microwaveable hotpot from Parsley Box.

Omg 

"There's always room for sticky toffee pudding" - there is NO WAY that's not a euphemism :nono::nono::nono:

• Haha 2

All of the Nationwide poetry ads are a crime against humanity.

Also can't stand the Fairy Liquid ads - baby wearing a nappy, mohawk haircut, riding a motorbike and talking in a broad adult cockney voice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NasPb said:

used to live in the us and a, my lord were the ads terrible there. 

What surprises me about adverts in the US is you'll get a bunch of normal high budget adverts, and then scattered throughout you just suddenly get an advert for a low-rent solicitor or local dental practise, and they look like they were slapped together in a matter of minutes. How are they affording such marketing?!

Not as bad as in Australia, where every advert for everything is shop staff singing a popular song but changing the lyrics so they're about discount carpets or bathroom fittings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Omg 

"There's always room for sticky toffee pudding" - there is NO WAY that's not a euphemism :nono::nono::nono:

Filth!

Not forgetting Oakhouse Foods and Wiltshire Farmfoods.

If you can’t even put your own food in the freezer, how on earth will you manage to take them out 🤔