Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

The Annoying Advert Thread

Every single advert annoys me but particularly those claiming some obscure clinically sounding cream is going to rejuvenate your skin. All advertising is right on the edge of making false claims and dishonesty

They know how far they can go and they take it right to the limit.

Ocado is my current, er, favourite of this type.

The worst have to be adverts where some crappy female is airily singing a belting anthem in a slowed down, twee fashion. Companies should be fined for it.

• Like 2

Plenty of annoying adverts, not least the one that seems to be on all the time right now butchering a song by the Carpenters, but none I’ve actually had to actively turn off until the Kevin Bacon / getting shaved by a robot one. That is an incredibly uncomfortable watch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Plenty of annoying adverts, not least the one that seems to be on all the time right now butchering a song by the Carpenters, but none I’ve actually had to actively turn off until the Kevin Bacon / getting shaved by a robot one. That is an incredibly uncomfortable watch.

I found that robot advert bizarre! 

2 hours ago, Adster said:

Do radio adverts count? 

That bloody Trade Centre UK advert. The fvcking annoying bloke is basically shouting at me to buy a car. 

I work in advertising (well, media), and even I can't stand this one. It's annoying anyway what with the sirens and the shouting but the sheer stupidity of it as an advertising strategy is the cherry on top. Switch station without fail.

And to OP, in my opinion Dominos is actually one of the few brands at the moment with what seems to be a coherent strategy, executed well. But what do I know, I'm just the numbers guy. :D

Edited by Nod.E

27 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

And to OP, in my opinion Dominos is actually one of the few brands at the moment with what seems to be a coherent strategy, executed well. But what do I know, I'm just the numbers guy. :D

The last fella orders a vegi supreme and 7 chicken strippers. Coherent my a*se!

Apart from that yeah dominos are great at advertising. Their pizzas are far from world class, but they are so consistent and that sets them apart.

• Haha 2

Any ad involving a large corporate who claims to be 'by your side' or something similar. Also any that disguise marketing as corporate social responsbility on issues like mental health awareness or inequality rather than giving a shit about the issues at hand in the first place. 

• Like 1

Any advert where the central character is some sort of dimwit or idiot. You think I'm going to buy your cider because you fly a hot air balloon 4 feet off the ground and crash into things? A few years ago BT Sport ran a whole series of ads based on their staff being stupid. It just makes you look incompetent.