Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Fifa 22

Since I'm a dinosaur I've just been playing a couple of online games here and there.

Last night I need a point to stay up. I think the person I was playing was in the same position too as we played out a dour nil nil passing it between centre halves with shades of Germany Austria about it.

Hi Guys,

I have played three games today, lost them all and could do nothing about it. However, I will not let FIFA beat me. I have realised that I need to play FIFA as a football based game and not a football simulator. What I mean by that is not get frustrated that players don’t make the runs they should, or position as they should, or select my next player as a logical choice based on knowledge of a life of playing football. This is a game, forget what you know in football and learn what works playing this game. So on that strangely positive note, I have couple of questions that would really help me attach. I am sorry for any rambling.

Scenario 1

My wide player gets behind and then comes in to the box near the by line. I have three players in the box and all my wide player needs to do is lay it across and it will be a tap in. I press X (PS4) and it always goes to the keeper or the one defender even though it is a very simple pass. Should I press something else?

Scenario 2

My wide player makes a run down the wing and I play a through all down into the channel. He connects and I have players breaking in the middle. Their defenders are between my wide man and my attackers but we are all running in the direction of my opponents goal. So in real life my winger could curl a pass in front of the defenders to my attackers at the back to run on to or he could put the ball in the air to land at my attacker. However, I can’t do either. I have tried with the square cross button and it is always won by the defender who should be nowhere near. If I press triangle or X then the wide player often just passes ten feet in front of himself or the keeper collects.

This is such a simple pass that I think there must be a simple solution but I just keep messing it up.

Can anyone advise?

3 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hi Guys,

I have played three games today, lost them all and could do nothing about it. However, I will not let FIFA beat me. I have realised that I need to play FIFA as a football based game and not a football simulator. What I mean by that is not get frustrated that players don’t make the runs they should, or position as they should, or select my next player as a logical choice based on knowledge of a life of playing football. This is a game, forget what you know in football and learn what works playing this game. So on that strangely positive note, I have couple of questions that would really help me attach. I am sorry for any rambling.

Scenario 1

My wide player gets behind and then comes in to the box near the by line. I have three players in the box and all my wide player needs to do is lay it across and it will be a tap in. I press X (PS4) and it always goes to the keeper or the one defender even though it is a very simple pass. Should I press something else?

Scenario 2

My wide player makes a run down the wing and I play a through all down into the channel. He connects and I have players breaking in the middle. Their defenders are between my wide man and my attackers but we are all running in the direction of my opponents goal. So in real life my winger could curl a pass in front of the defenders to my attackers at the back to run on to or he could put the ball in the air to land at my attacker. However, I can’t do either. I have tried with the square cross button and it is always won by the defender who should be nowhere near. If I press triangle or X then the wide player often just passes ten feet in front of himself or the keeper collects.

This is such a simple pass that I think there must be a simple solution but I just keep messing it up.

Can anyone advise?

Double tap square will put a low cross in. Holding r1 and square will whip the ball in hard and fast. I think theyre the buttons for ps im on xbox so maybe someone can confirm. Also cutting in when you hit the edge of the oppostions box and a finesse shot into the far corner is good. As you may have noticed most rw players are left footed and vice versa with the lw so they are cutting in onto their natural strong foot.

• Like 1

For 1 try a driven pass, which is R1 and X. It makes the pass at higher speed which can make it more difficult for a defender to intercept and allows your attacker to finish first time if you time the shot right.

For 2 there is nothing really I can advise other than don’t go for the obvious, if you make that cross once and it doesn’t work then your opponent will expect it again and will look to get close to your attackers to intercept at all times. Try holding up and sending another player on a run instead using L1 and the passing to midfield to see if any space opens up.

Crossing and passing this year isn’t the best and is completely unpredictable as to if it will come off due to the stupidity high defence AI intercepting everything, or the pass/cross not actually going to where you are aiming. Most of the time it’s the game, not you. However, doing the same thing all the time and expecting it to work eventually isn’t the way to go. Mix up your attacks and try different things.

Edited by stu

Thanks guys. I will try these when in this position again.

Another question where I must be doing the wrong thing is goal kicks. If I kick it out to a player then it always goes to the opponent so a long kick is pointless. So, I stick to the short ones. However every single time my keeper passes to my defender he has to pass it straight back as the opponent is on me. Every single time. There is not one time the pass moves fast enough that the player can do anything with it before the opponent is on them. I must be doing something wrong as this is such a simple thing to do in life that Fifa keepers must be able to make this pass.

What should I be doing? 

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Thanks guys. I will try these when in this position again.

Another question where I must be doing the wrong thing is goal kicks. If I kick it out to a player then it always goes to the opponent so a long kick is pointless. So, I stick to the short ones. However every single time my keeper passes to my defender he has to pass it straight back as the opponent is on me. Every single time. There is not one time the pass moves fast enough that the player can do anything with it before the opponent is on them. I must be doing something wrong as this is such a simple thing to do in life that Fifa keepers must be able to make this pass.

What should I be doing? 

Thanks 

Call the defenders near by pressing r1 then they will be in the box with the keeper and their strikers cant enter the box till the ball is played. I always use this but it did take me a while to get right. 

55 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

I cant remember the last game i played where the other team didnt have that Insigne card in their team. Hes everywhere. 8 easy summer swap tokens released tonight for anyone whos doing it.

Hoping the friendlies is just first goal wins but the ligue 1 is just going to be mbappe everywhere 😂

Just played one of those games where I felt my opponent was my own players. They seemed like they were running through treacle and a little pissed. Like if they were real people you would be shouting at each of them that the ball is at their feet and moving could be a good idea. They were not having it. I reckon maybe it is a busy time on the server and so that is why all the reactions are slow. My opponent got 58 tackles… 58 and 19 interceptions. My icon Zola is apparently a worse footballer than me! 

49 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Just played one of those games where I felt my opponent was my own players. They seemed like they were running through treacle and a little pissed. Like if they were real people you would be shouting at each of them that the ball is at their feet and moving could be a good idea. They were not having it. I reckon maybe it is a busy time on the server and so that is why all the reactions are slow. My opponent got 58 tackles… 58 and 19 interceptions. My icon Zola is apparently a worse footballer than me! 

Do you use the right stick as well as l2 to move?