Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Fifa 22

As @stu pointed out there was no Fifa 22 topic to be seen…. So here we are! 

i personally can’t wait after hearing all the leaks ie 20 weekend league games instead of 30… new match engine and apparently they’ve taken a lot of the best but from Fifa 13 to 21 and tried to implement them into the game! 

also sounds like next it will be a true next gen make over!

Think I’ll give myself a couple of months break from 21 to really get the juices flowing for 22 lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They can make changes they want to the "Game engine" and adjustments to weekend league all they want, but the root of all problems with the game will remain the same until they are legislated to remove hideously deceptive, greedy and manipulative "surprise mechanics" from the game. 

Legislation will come eventually as EA do not care about their customers mental wellbeing enough to do the decent thing so long as their pockets are being lined. 

I am stunned customers accept all progress from previous games to be lost each year to have to go through the same spending-loop. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 4

lol

I actually envy people who still believe that EA will even bother, even after all this time. I'd love that kind of consistently positive outlook.

"Sure, it's the same game for the eighth year in a row just with a different skin but here's a nice shiny FUT card, now hand over £80 you fvcking morons"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tell ya guys - start the process.....Pro Evo was the answer. Not without its problems but I have genuinely enjoyed switching back 

Have you been playing PES online or offline? Just for the football experience? I prefer PES for the latter but played FUT for other stuff. 

I’m skipping fifa 22. Yup, @dbtcity - for realz!! 😂😂

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tell ya guys - start the process.....Pro Evo was the answer. Not without its problems but I have genuinely enjoyed switching back 

I tried this a couple of years ago, convinced myself I wasn’t buying Fifa and I was just going to play pro evo… lasted about 2 weeks before I binned it off! Pro evo when I was a kid just playing against my friends/the computer was simply the best football gaming experience I think I’ve had… problem is now adays most of the games are heavily online dependent and if we’re being honest both have been let downs

39 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

lol

I actually envy people who still believe that EA will even bother, even after all this time. I'd love that kind of consistently positive outlook.

"Sure, it's the same game for the eighth year in a row just with a different skin but here's a nice shiny FUT card, now hand over £80 you fvcking morons"

It’s the hope that kills us and the fact it’s either Fifa or pes I feel like I have to keep taking my shot with Fifa lol  …. Apparently this is the last Fifa that we’ll actually have to pay for as apparently 23 will be free to download which says they’ll be going even harder in the micro transactions 

Edited by dbtcity

21 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Have you been playing PES online or offline? Just for the football experience? I prefer PES for the latter but played FUT for other stuff. 

I’m skipping fifa 22. Yup, @dbtcity - for realz!! 😂😂

See you in October in the menus lol 

I've not really played FIFA for years never done any of the ultimate team online stuff.

Is the manager mode any good - or due to be improving? I used to rate it but lost interest a bit when you had to scout each player to see if they were worth signing. I'm more of a FM man & like the scouting in that. I just found FIFA's a bit annoying, it's never gonna be FM & nor should it try to but felt its needed revamping!

18 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Apparently this is the last Fifa that we’ll actually have to pay for as apparently 23 will be free to download which says they’ll be going even harder in the micro transactions 

It should be free already. EA make more than enough through their "surprise mechanic" bollocks. The fact they continue to charge inflated prices for repackaged (and in the instance of FIFA20, outright broken) products is absolute daylight robbery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BWRL said:

Is the manager mode any good - or due to be improving?

Short answer, no. I haven't, nor will ever play the morally bankrupt FUT cash cow so historically my only interaction with the game has been via Career Mode. In the last 3 years they've added probably one new feature each year, but that was simply because they had to in order to try to justify the year-long development cycle. The mode had gone literally untouched for years prior to that as FUT was in its prime.

During the mid 00s there was stadium upgrades, individual stat training, team chemistry, sponsors, full lists of transfers, no fixture congestion, jump-in during simulations, a fan reputation gauge, the list goes on...

EA's tactic has been to strip away features, only to re-introduce them with one half-arsed effort every year (if we're lucky), then make a big song and dance about it like they're blessing everyone with unrivaled effort and innovation.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

It's a no from me. The mode I'm most interested in is pro clubs which they continue to demonstrate they couldn't give a shit about. I'm fortunate enough to be on PS5 and most of the people I play with aren't so I have four choices: get the next-gen version but have nobody to play with, get the old-gen version and miss out on the only thing of any consequence they're adding this year, pay £90 (ninety!) for the only edition that entitles you to both versions, or don't bother at all and spend my time playing games that don't exist solely to get children addicted to grinding/spending for virtual trading cards that become obsolete after a year. Not a very difficult choice. I hope everyone who buys FIFA points has a great year complaining about how bad the game is when it's people like them who remove any incentive for EA to make an effort to improve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

See you in October in the menus lol 

Haha, I’m serious. Start a new job in August and I’ll be travelling most weeks so won’t get a chance to put in the hours. That and PS5 controllers are too expensive 😂😂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BWRL said:

I've not really played FIFA for years never done any of the ultimate team online stuff.

Is the manager mode any good - or due to be improving? I used to rate it but lost interest a bit when you had to scout each player to see if they were worth signing. I'm more of a FM man & like the scouting in that. I just found FIFA's a bit annoying, it's never gonna be FM & nor should it try to but felt its needed revamping!

Unless you play Ultimate Team nothing ever changes. 

They don't bother to update anything other than the one platform that makes them the most money. Pathetic really as they have a great opportunity every time to make an incredible football game but they're more interested in plugging their cash cow to milk customers out of more money. 

Pro Clubs could be the absolute pits if they really wanted it to be. 

I will not play it out of pure principle than to not give the greedy cnuts at EA any more money. I'd advise as many people as possible to do the same. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

Herein lies the problem: Most people think EA are cvnts, and that FIFA is certainly not worth a full price game every year.

However they also want an authentic football game.

EA’s monopoly over licenses has broken the market.

On 15/07/2021 at 14:26, dbtcity said:

As @stu pointed out there was no Fifa 22 topic to be seen…. So here we are! 

i personally can’t wait after hearing all the leaks ie 20 weekend league games instead of 30… new match engine and apparently they’ve taken a lot of the best but from Fifa 13 to 21 and tried to implement them into the game! 

also sounds like next it will be a true next gen make over!

Think I’ll give myself a couple of months break from 21 to really get the juices flowing for 22 lol 

Where have you heard this? It's the same engine so don't expect anything majorly different. Desperately need a new engine and some improved AI but then again FUT killed the hope of ever getting a really solid Football experience. Did a lot of good initially but it's just ruined all other aspects of the game.

37 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Where have you heard this? It's the same engine so don't expect anything majorly different. Desperately need a new engine and some improved AI but then again FUT killed the hope of ever getting a really solid Football experience. Did a lot of good initially but it's just ruined all other aspects of the game.

Yeah it’s the same engine, however for next gen they’ve basically recorded the movements of all 22 players in a match using those motion capture suit thingies and used the data to feed in to the frostbite game engine to attempt to make the animations more realistic.

Probably will just give players more animations to spam once they find out which are over powered. Honestly some games are like FIFA Street.

I binned off FIFA 21 a while ago, after around 600+ FUT games. Genuinely got bored of grinding for what in essence is to get a team, to then grind with. 

I found the FUT game boring, so tried career mode. Which was also painful and really slow. 

I like I’ve migrated away from wanting to spend 20 minutes on each game, to a game I can pick up / put down with ease. 

So for that reason, FIFA 22 ……. I’m out.