Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

UK to bake in 33C amid extreme heat warning

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

1200px-20200324_Global_average_temperatu

The fuss is that these events will become more common, rather than evidently memorable.

Well that’s my point.I’m wondering what the fuss is about when temperatures hitting early to mid thirties is common place this last decade or so.I mentioned 1990 because it really was a freak of nature.I forgot to mention 2018 which was so dry,most the country was yellow.

8 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Well that’s my point.I’m wondering what the fuss is about when temperatures hitting early to mid thirties is common place this last decade or so.I mentioned 1990 because it really was a freak of nature.I forgot to mention 2018 which was so dry,most the country was yellow.

2018 was deeply unpleasant, I remember.

The fuss might also come from the idea that these events becoming commonplace might not really be a good thing.

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Expect this kind of situation to become much more common.

Indeed. It’s the harrowing reality of the situation we’re in. Humanity is sleep walking to its own extinction… 

Its starting to become more of a case of when scientists say ‘that’s it’ rather than if. 

Furthermore, can I ask why so many people are walking their dogs during the hottest parts of the day? It’s barbaric. 

Edited by Pliskin

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

2018 I worked away down south (Gosport) and Jesus, I don't think it rained more than once or twice in the 7 weeks I was down there, was 25+ everyday as well.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

The accelleration since 1975 is terrifying! Hopefully we can make some drastic changes over the next 20-30 years and start to reverse that trend

No chance, no matter how big mans ego gets that he thinks that he can change the natural cycle in the earths evolution, it's going to get hotter for another 1500 years. And the reason it's accelerating is because we're in an interglacial age so as the planet warms the ice sheets retract faster and faster because there's less surface area and more heat, hang about for the next glacial age and it's going to be fvcking freezing at the king power on a tuesday night.

27 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

No chance, no matter how big mans ego gets that he thinks that he can change the natural cycle in the earths evolution, it's going to get hotter for another 1500 years. And the reason it's accelerating is because we're in an interglacial age so as the planet warms the ice sheets retract faster and faster because there's less surface area and more heat, hang about for the next glacial age and it's going to be fvcking freezing at the king power on a tuesday night.

Not as cold as Stoke though.

36 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

What's your favourite Mark Blake moment? Mine is that goal he scored for us.

I liked it when he smashed about 5 tranmere players, in that melee during the playoff semi. The one where Speedie and their keeper got sent off.

Just now, Strokes said:

I liked it when he smashed about 5 tranmere players, in that melee during the playoff semi. The one where Speedie and their keeper got sent off.

Was the keeper called Alan Nixon? Where did that just come from?

If that's right it proves I retain useless info whilst not remaining what I should be doing with my actual life.

Just now, The People's Hero said:

If that's right it proves I retain useless info whilst not remaining what I should be doing with my actual life.

Yes it was, I couldn’t remember his name but I knew it. I think I have parts of my brain that I can’t always access. Hopefully not onset dementia.

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Close but I think it was Eric Nixon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

My main memory of Mark Blake was him running alongside Walshy to celebrate the winner against Derby in the '94 playoff final.

Think he scored in the Prem in the 4-3 win against Southampton, and also in League Div 1 (now the Championship) at Oxford? Could be wrong though.

That's very impressive memory/knowledge if you didn't look it up.

I'm not sure why he is so impressed upon me having not played much. Got a special spot in there in that way; alongside Franz Carr.