Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

UK to bake in 33C amid extreme heat warning

16 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Was the keeper called Alan Nixon? Where did that just come from?

If that's right it proves I retain useless info whilst not remaining what I should be doing with my actual life.

Tranmere were decent that few years.I could name a few of there team if I was randomly asked.No shame remembering As lan Nixon.Good keeper

25 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Has anyone installed air conditioning in the house and what does it cost , I was thinking of getting one of those small one similar to when your on holiday just for the lounge or bedroom 

I got quoted £2,750 for 3 bedrooms. It seemed a decent set up. But I decided not to bother yet, I reckon it’ll be cheaper in the winter.

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I got quoted £2,750 for 3 bedrooms. It seemed a decent set up. But I decided not to bother yet, I reckon it’ll be cheaper in the winter.

Wow that’s a great price , I take it that’s those little ones you get on holiday 

2 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Has anyone installed air conditioning in the house and what does it cost , I was thinking of getting one of those small one similar to when your on holiday just for the lounge or bedroom 

I've seen too many legionella cases to ever get one of those. lol

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

No chance, no matter how big mans ego gets that he thinks that he can change the natural cycle in the earths evolution, it's going to get hotter for another 1500 years. And the reason it's accelerating is because we're in an interglacial age so as the planet warms the ice sheets retract faster and faster because there's less surface area and more heat, hang about for the next glacial age and it's going to be fvcking freezing at the king power on a tuesday night.

...and humans are, very clearly, accelerating that natural cycle.

So yes, we can and are changing things and that isn't a matter of ego, it's a matter of taking responsibility and being ready for the consequences.

• 11 months later...

With Met office warnings of temperatures reaching 40 deg on Monday Tuesday, how will you manage? How will the heat affect you, do you think? What will you do to if you work outdoors?

I'm not sure what we will do, we have a south facing garden that gets the sun all day so there's not an option to sit outside in the shade.

The pets/livestock are very likely to struggle.

Drink plenty of water and use suncream, obviously.

Be sensible and only use tap water when it's necessary to.

It's going to be a challenging few days, for sure.

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I can’t imagine it will get that hot. Prob late 20s at worst. You can’t predict the weather.

Well, actually yes you can. That's why we have sophisticated meteorological satellites in space. That's why we can warn in advance of any extreme weather situations. That's why weather forecasts are so accurate these days. There's always going to be some element of change in what is predicted but generally, weather forecasting is pretty accurate these days.

I think the 40 deg warnings are mainly for London and the South East.

• Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

Well, actually yes you can. That's why we have sophisticated meteorological satellites in space. That's why we can warn in advance of any extreme weather situations. That's why weather forecasts are so accurate these days. There's always going to be some element of change in what is predicted but generally, weather forecasting is pretty accurate these days.

I think the 40 deg warnings are mainly for London and the South East.

Yeah I know sorry I was just joking hence the weatherman 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Actually a very good statement in a song, regardless of the "sun-cream" reference.

Accept certain inalienable truths

Prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too, will get old

And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young

Prices were reasonable, politicians were noble

And children respected their elders

Respect your elders

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1