Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

UEL Away tickets

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

No, if you’re going to Warsaw you won’t have enough turnaround time before Moscow to use the standard option for a Russian visa 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He means if you're going Warsaw in 3 weeks or so, you'll need your passport in order to travel, so you can't just send it off now for 20 working days, as you won't be able to go Warsaw.

Ah yes. Thanks for clarifying, I misunderstood the post from @Costock_Fox.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 11:08, TamworthFoxes said:

So the club dont know but you thought someone on here would?!

I can only presume this thread is aimed at a very small audience ie 1) someone at the club who does really know but has decided he wont tell other people at the club but will tell you, some random person he has never met, on a forum.

Its your lucky day pal, I am that person.  Yes there will be availability.  Now I beg you please dont tell anyone else as I really should have told my colleagues at the club this before you.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What a bloody response!!!

7 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Ah yes. Thanks for clarifying, I misunderstood the post from @Costock_Fox.

Keep up grandad lol.

Its blown my mind mate I’m not going to lie. I’ve worked out with flights, visa and PCR tests it’s going to cost about £500. I really want to go but feel like I need to be sensible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Keep up grandad lol.

Its blown my mind mate I’m not going to lie. I’ve worked out with flights, visa and PCR tests it’s going to cost about £500. I really want to go but feel like I need to be sensible.

Understand the point but personally I really want to do Moscow. Too many events lost over the various lockdowns. I will regret not doing what we’re allowed to do when the inevitable next lockdown hits and I’m eating a kebab and drinking 4 cans of Amstel watching Bournemouth v Cardiff for no reason at home on a Friday night. Obviously everyone’s situation is different though 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Keep up grandad lol.

Yes agree. I've decided Moscow is not viable for me. Have booked flights at a decent price for Warsaw, so just hoping they allow us to have tickets.

After Warsaw I shall probably wait until the knock out rounds (:sweating:) for my next awayday.

8 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Understand the point but personally I really want to do Moscow. Too many events lost over the various lockdowns. I will regret not doing what we’re allowed to do when the inevitable next lockdown hits and I’m eating a kebab and drinking 4 cans of Amstel watching Bournemouth v Cardiff for no reason at home on a Friday night. Obviously everyone’s situation is different though 

I know what you mean completely, I’m going to see how it plays out. Hoping for visa free travel or for the club to charter a flight for a 2 night stay but realistically this is Russia and Leicester we are talking about.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Champions league matches have found out away allocations so I don’t think we will be far behind on this.

Only for the first game I think which would mean our game vs Napoli. A few teams are not getting any tickets (Bayern got nothing for Barcelona, I assume this is Spain in general).

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Oh really? I didn’t know that.

Well, without digging into every club's official website. I only looked at a few including the English teams. Leipzig got 2,700 for their trip to Man City next week (went straight to general sale). Dortmund play in Turkey which bans away fans so no go anyway. Not sure if Spain are the same or if Barca used a different excuse.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Only for the first game I think which would mean our game vs Napoli. A few teams are not getting any tickets (Bayern got nothing for Barcelona, I assume this is Spain in general).

Well Spain were one of the few countries that don't allow away fans domestically at the moment so that makes sense. It's nothing to worry about as Russia, Poland and Italy all do. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Other than Bruges, I went to all the other Champions League games in 2016 on the club's official day trips. They were all around £300.

I also recall Sports Options doing trips around the same price, although they may also have done the odd 1 night stay

The group games were around £300 but the knockouts went up a lot, IIRC the madrid trip was quite a bit more for a fly in, match, fly out ticket.

35 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Other than Bruges, I went to all the other Champions League games in 2016 on the club's official day trips. They were all around £300.

I also recall Sports Options doing trips around the same price, although they may also have done the odd 1 night stay

12 minutes ago, promised land said:

The group games were around £300 but the knockouts went up a lot, IIRC the madrid trip was quite a bit more for a fly in, match, fly out ticket.

Yeah, I did one CL game with the club which was about that price but Madrid was much more (at least £400 if I recall) which I didn't go for. 

2 hours ago, promised land said:

300 notes 😱

I did brugge for 200 odd. Porto for 140 and was there for 5 days lol OK so the beer outweighed the cost saving. 

Even Copenhagen only cost 250 pp and that was expensive accommodation.

That said I'm waiting and clinging on to any hope we run a trip to Warsaw as its the only way I'm getting in and out quickly and not pissing work off.

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

300 notes 😱

I did brugge for 200 odd. Porto for 140 and was there for 5 days lol OK so the beer outweighed the cost saving. 

Even Copenhagen only cost 250 pp and that was expensive accommodation.

That said I'm waiting and clinging on to any hope we run a trip to Warsaw as its the only way I'm getting in and out quickly and not pissing work off.

I’ve tried flicking back 30 odd pages to April 2017 in this forum but cannot find any info on Madrid. Thinking back the 2 fly group games might’ve been around £250 and the Madrid £3-400, not all of us had the ability to log on straight away to book flights, digs so this was the option we took. But yes expensive for just a day but needs must. I don’t think I’d go that option again though, not the best way to travel.

Bruges as I recall was £60-100 for the coach I think plus ticket. I wouldn’t do that again either. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, promised land said:

I’ve tried flicking back 30 odd pages to April 2017 in this forum but cannot find any info on Madrid. Thinking back the 2 fly group games might’ve been around £250 and the Madrid £3-400, not all of us had the ability to log on straight away to book flights, digs so this was the option we took. But yes expensive for just a day but needs must. I don’t think I’d go that option again though, not the best way to travel.

Bruges as I recall was £60-100 for the coach I think plus ticket. I wouldn’t do that again either. 

Madrid ****ed me cost me 500 quid for flights and hotel at short notice and flew back on good Friday ended up doing Tuesday to Friday because of flights hate to work out how much I spent because of that in capital city food and drink.

10 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Madrid ****ed me cost me 500 quid for flights and hotel at short notice and flew back on good Friday ended up doing Tuesday to Friday because of flights hate to work out how much I spent because of that in capital city food and drink.

Madrid was the most expensive but there were options. I flew to Madrid via Bordeaux and back via Dublin for less than 100. Brugge was an expensive one but still the Eurostar and train from Brussels was less than 100 too. In terms of accommodation Copenhagen was ridiculous, I paid around 60 a night in a hostel sharing with 6 people. That being said all of them were significantly cheaper than the clubs packages. They just rip you off in my opinion. The only time I could see it being of use is if we were to play in a ridiculous location such as Kazakhstan where charter flights would be the only option. None of the three fall in to that category 

• Like 2