Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

UEL Away tickets

16 hours ago, promised land said:

I’ve tried flicking back 30 odd pages to April 2017 in this forum but cannot find any info on Madrid. Thinking back the 2 fly group games might’ve been around £250 and the Madrid £3-400, not all of us had the ability to log on straight away to book flights, digs so this was the option we took. But yes expensive for just a day but needs must. I don’t think I’d go that option again though, not the best way to travel.

Bruges as I recall was £60-100 for the coach I think plus ticket. I wouldn’t do that again either. 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/408692/thomas-cook-day-trip-travel-application-for-atletico-madrid-now-open

Madrid was £299 (no ticket). Due to the fact buying your own flights was about £200 upwards anyway, this wasn't a bad option. I went for this but unfortunately did not make the cut off. I could buy tickets, but couldn't get a flight.

I did all the group games though and spent about £300 for all three flights and accommodation (got lucky as I bought as soon as fixtures were confirmed). Missed Sevilla away match as our first child had just been born a few weeks before.

Not doing group stage this year as too much messing with tests and unknowns as to crowds being allowed or not. Holding out for the KO stages, hopefully situation will improve by then (travel wise).

It would be good if the club could make some sort of announcement as to whether tickets will be available for these 3 matches, particularly Warsaw as it's only 3 weeks away. Maybe they don't know for sure yet but they never seem very good at communicating  with the fans on these matters.

Does anyone know if any of the other UK clubs competing in Europe have made any announcements?

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

It would be good if the club could make some sort of announcement as to whether tickets will be available for these 3 matches, particularly Warsaw as it's only 3 weeks away. Maybe they don't know for sure yet but they never seem very good at communicating  with the fans on these matters.

Does anyone know if any of the other UK clubs competing in Europe have made any announcements?

Celtic have

• Thanks 1

Had a look around and have come up with an option for those interested.

Flights

1236647534_2021-09-09(2).thumb.png.c222172fbe7e029a1755d3abbd0bbf14.png

= £68PP

Accommodation

Hotel Reytan (3 Star with 8.9 Rating on Booking.com)

35 minute walk to Stadium

Twin Room

- No Pre Payment

- Free Cancellation

= £138

= £ 69PP

Summary

Total cost would be £137pp for Direct flights from Luton (easy to get to from Leicestershire) to Warsaw & then 3 nights accommodation at Hotel Reytan which has really good reviews on Booking.com and is only a short walk from the stadium. Having been to Poland before, i know that Uber is popular and easily accessible and from a quick search you can get from the airport to the hotel for around £15.

There are other flights, but this one will give you most of the day on arrival, all of match day, and a full day post match returning the following morning.

These prices obviously change all the time, and will fluctuate with your search history and the amount of other people searching. You will have to do you own research before buying however it's just a quick look in to what is available.

Hotel wise, there is a lovely Holiday Inn which works out about £89pp however this does include Breakfast, No Pre Payment & Free Cancellation. The Pre Payment & Free cancellation are a great option when picking the hotel because if anything changes with Covid Regulations, or you happen to test positive, you will only be risking the cost of the flight (Providing you cancel before the cut off date).

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

On 07/09/2021 at 10:02, Costock_Fox said:

The visa situation for Russia at present….

We will need to apply for a tourist visa. This can only be done in person in London, Manchester or Edinburgh with no appointment needed.

The time frames are 20 working days as standard or 3 working days express. Standard costs around £160, express is around £175. As they physically take your passport, if you are going to Warsaw the only option is express.

I saw this is as it currently is, they do have a process where they provide exceptions (world cup, F1 in Sochi) but I haven’t seen proof they have done this for Europa/ champions league.

This is it.

24 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

West Ham have issued this on their website, they have to collect tickets on the day of the game in the host city, like we did last time.

UEFA Europa League away ticketing policy | West Ham United (whufc.com)

Wouldn’t be great for us - Napoli ultras would love the opportunity to pick off a load of naive City fans 

17 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Celtic have

You can’t use Celtic as a barometer as Scotland has had different rules and laws all along, you can only compare to other English clubs, which Blue Fox says West Ham and Man Utd have announced details. 

So we should hear soon you’d have thought.

Edited by promised land

1 hour ago, promised land said:

You can’t use Celtic as a barometer as Scotland has had different rules and laws all along, you can only compare to other English clubs, which Blue Fox says West Ham and Man Utd have announced details. 

So we should hear soon you’d have thought.

As mentioned above, West Ham and Man U play their games next week, in 5/6 days time. We don't play away for another 3 weeks. Probably comparable to Man City/Chelsea/Liverpool getting ticket information, none of them have yet.

Hopefully it will be by early next week.

12 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

West Ham have issued this on their website, they have to collect tickets on the day of the game in the host city, like we did last time.

UEFA Europa League away ticketing policy | West Ham United (whufc.com)

Just a reminder to everyone, that ticket collection in the host city isn't "UEFA policy", and if the club claims it is they're lying again. 👍

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just a reminder to everyone, that ticket collection in the host city isn't "UEFA policy", and if the club claims it is they're lying again. 👍

Might be an unpopular oppinion but I am all for making us pick our tickets up in person.  Did it every game for the Champions League and it was hassle free.

Dont really care if its club policy or UEFA policy, it stops Cat 1 people just buying tickets and then dishing them out to who they see fit like every single League game in a normal season.

Hope we do it again this season.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Might be an unpopular oppinion but I am all for making us pick our tickets up in person.  Did it every game for the Champions League and it was hassle free.

Dont really care if its club policy or UEFA policy, it stops Cat 1 people just buying tickets and then dishing them out to who they see fit like every single League game in a normal season.

Hope we do it again this season.

I’m not sure which part of it was hassle free, some of the locations were out of the way to say the least. I’m not really against it though, I think some, not all, are because they go on other peoples priority points.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

As posted above by others, the policy makes sense to stop tickets being passed on to people who aren't eligible.

Not sure why the club can't just say that rather than claiming it's UEFA policy.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

As posted above by others, the policy makes sense to stop tickets being passed on to people who aren't eligible.

Not sure why the club can't just say that rather than claiming it's UEFA policy.

Less ref swapping is fine, but it's the club's willingness to lie that annoys me.

• Like 1