Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Warsaw Away

7 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's ridiculous this isn't going to general sale. It makes no sense.

I kinda get the no general sale. They don't want the hassle it brings. The membership in a way should be a minimum requirement to obtain tickets nowadays. 

What p1sses memory is the bus 1s get all.of Friday, Saturday and Sunday to pontificate whether to go (and don't, as everyone would've guessed) .....yet now we are down to three hours per section. 

Yes, bus 1 et al should get priority....but why oh why is it so fcking long, stifling the opportunities for others 

Edit, the question is rhetorical. We all know the club fear a laddish culture and do almost everything to deter it

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The club don't like general sale, for whatever reason. In this case, it probably makes it hard to control so I can understand. For other games it makes no sense (e.g. Millwall).

General sale at our place is not really general sale like walking up and paying your money. They still have all your details through making you have a supporter number do they not?

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2

Just now, Paninistickers said:

I kinda get the no general sale. They don't want the hassle it brings. The membership in a way should be a minimum requirement to obtain tickets nowadays. 

What p1sses memory is the bus 1s get all.of Friday, Saturday and Sunday to pontificate whether to go (and don't, as everyone would've guessed) .....yet now we are down to three hours per section. 

Yes, bus 1 et al should get priority....but why oh why is it so fcking long, stifling the opportunities for others 

There's no reason people can't take a ticket with their name on to match their passport just as ST holders and members will.

The only hassle it brings is for those that have had to take the risk of booking flights (like a couple of my mates), but will now not be able to go when there's going to be hundreds of empty seats. It's a load of bollocks 

19 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The club don't like general sale, for whatever reason. In this case, it probably makes it hard to control so I can understand. For other games it makes no sense (e.g. Millwall).

General sale in this instance is still the same though. It's still a name allocated to a ticket where you need to collect it in Warsaw.

This actually makes trouble more likely if anything, because now you'll have fans travelling without tickets (who might even try the home end) who have already booked despite the away end being empty.

If the club had announced no general sale before then that would make sense. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Do you work for the club? Everyone should have to pay a £30 fee to a club worth millions just so that we can then buy a ticket for a half empty away end?

Club are being complete cvnts about this, why do people still leap to their defence?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It could mean people anyone with no interest in the football could go E.G someone just turning up to cause trouble so I understand it. If someone has been to games before and they have history then the club gets as much assurance as they could.

I guess the club could mitigate that but that would mean a whole load of hassle for everyone going and would cause issues (providing ID). 

I suspect they do this on police/FA advice.

19 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'll copy this across what I got together for a thread on the main forum 

1. Fill this before arriving in Poland - you need to present in Poland with your vaccination proof 

https://www.gov.pl/web/gov/fill-in-the-passenger-locator-form

2. Within 72 hours of your flight, have a test - can be any form of test provided it’s from one of the approved suppliers, can’t use NHS tests but this can be taken in the UK if it’s within your 72 hour window (ie you fly to and from Poland in 72 hours) 

Cheapest I found here - Test to Return to UK:
https://www.chronomics.com/test-to-return - £28
https://travel.livingcare.co.uk/product/virtual-lateral-flow-test/ - £25

3. Before return to UK, fill out another passenger form - the details of your PCR day 2 test are required to this form - https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

4. You must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after you arrive in England – arrival day is day 0

Cheapest I found here - 
PCR:
https://travel.livingcare.co.uk/product/day-2/ - £65
https://covid.randox.com/day-2/ - £48

https://www.testingforall.org/product/day-2/ - £48 

That's great intel Cardiff_Fox but that means as a minimum Testing for getting in and out is £73?? based on the above (if prices are the same) and we are in and out in 24hrs?

My lad is 18(with 1 jab) and i've got 2.

V Little holiday, so looking to return earliest Friday morning out Thursday at some point.  Not sure why rules are different for 24hrs only, if they are.

Flights early back to Luton, Birmingham & Manchester at least.

Best seats left at back of front stand.

Does that all sound about right??  Lot to bring together here!!!  Going to Millwall tomorrow is bad enough!!!

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It could mean people anyone with no interest in the football could go E.G someone just turning up to cause trouble so I understand it. If someone has been to games before and they have history then the club gets as much assurance as they could.

I guess the club could mitigate that but that would mean a whole load of hassle for everyone going and would cause issues (providing ID). 

Even if this was the case, the club often go above and beyond to make it as difficult for travelling fans as humanly possible.

They claim picking up the tickets in the host city with passport name matching is "UEFA protocol" when it's absolutely fvcking not

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

But you need ID anyway to collect your ticket?

This doesn't stop troublemakers travelling, it just stops them and genuine Leicester fans getting in the away end.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Even if this was the case, the club often go above and beyond to make it as difficult for travelling fans as humanly possible.

They claim picking up the tickets in the host city with passport name matching is "UEFA protocol" when it's absolutely fvcking not

I just had a look and it is in fact an UEFA protocol..see link below. I couldn't believe it at first myself !!

https://documents.uefa.com/r/CWhJ~bY3mi97N9RltR4txw/sfLdmbQ~s_XAphUsJz~mFA

image.thumb.png.4b17614ecf10dafe2f759be860d6595b.png

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It won’t go to general sale. 

Should be all members from today though, ridiculous its 5+ points. 

It's daft, not like tickets are limited. Just give everyone 2 days to buy. Open up to all members.

They should in replacement of general sale at least have a sale to supporters with a booking history, home or away. It is a bit of a closed shop, not at least a member, not getting anything.

46 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

There's no reason people can't take a ticket with their name on to match their passport just as ST holders and members will.

The only hassle it brings is for those that have had to take the risk of booking flights (like a couple of my mates), but will now not be able to go when there's going to be hundreds of empty seats. It's a load of bollocks 

It might be worth emailing the club (although I wouldn't hold my breath).

There is no logical reason not to extend the invite to members. Other than pure nastiness and spite. General sale I get. General sale means theoretically, say,  a load of polish lads from west end / newfoundpool  could.come.for a rumble. Or anyone else who fancies a ruck.

But if I was a member and didn't have the opportunity to buy, I'd be apoplectic. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Edit, the question is rhetorical. We all know the club fear a laddish culture and do almost everything to deter it

The club fear a laddish culture and do almost everything to deter it. Yet membership should be a minimum requirement to buy tickets??!?! And then also having a go at the bus 1 lot! How have you gone from one end of the scale so quickly. Are you basically saying you just want to sort yourself and and f3ck the rest