Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

GTA 3 - The Trilogy

Played a little more this morning and noticed a few new bugs:

- after swimming, CJ had what looked like a broken arm which he held above shoulder height. It didn't go away from saving, getting in/out of car, shooting and remained in place for 10 minutes until I used a melee weapon. Looked ridiculous

- there is an area of road (near where Catalina gives you missions) with bizarre collision issues - one part acts like quick sand, where you will slowly sink through the map, another part has no clipping at all and will drop you straight through. After falling for 10 seconds or so it respawned me nearby with no health loss... don't know if the developers knew about this bug so wrote in the respawn action...

- a few roads in Whetstone County have what look like blown out tyres partially embedded in the road. The don't have any collision detection but are pretty offputting if you're in a pursuit or doing the fragile-load truck missions

- noticed a huge black square in a road (can't remember the location) but it was nearly the width of an entire lane, like someone had forgotten to assign a texture altogether

- a couple of the stacked shipping containers in the industrial area by Los Santos airport have no collision detection

I don't think I encountered any of these bugs in the 2 playthroughs I did on PS2 or Xbox (the latter I played to 100% completion)

Also the mission failure retry prompts don't seem to appear for any of the racing missions I've failed so far, which is a pain in the arse. The more I play the more I realise how shoddy this is, no way has a professional studio been working for 2 years on this collection

On 12/11/2021 at 00:31, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've just completed the Demolition Man mission on Vice City, the one with the RC helicopter and the bombs on the building site, I smashed through it easily? I remember it being solid on the PS2, have they toned the difficulty down? Or is 27 year old me better at gaming than 8 year old me?

This is much worse to me than graphical bugs, supposedly wrong side of the tracks is bare easy now too. Making all the missions piss easy takes away from the charm for the first games

11 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

0.5/10 meta score. Hopefully this is reflected in sales. AAA game industry has gone down the proverbial. 

Some publications are talking about "review bombing" 

The game's shit and everyone's stating the obvious. It's not a review bomb. 

Thankfully, consumers are becoming less and less tolerant to games companies taking the piss: straight up lying in marketing comms, expecting pre-orders, releasing unfinished or downright broken products, and patching them to completion months later. 

It's been obvious for years that the industry is out of control. Consumers need to make themselves heard by not parting with their money for crap products. It wouldn't happen in any other walk of life, yet in the games industry it's considered normal practice.

30 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

This is much worse to me than graphical bugs, supposedly wrong side of the tracks is bare easy now too. Making all the missions piss easy takes away from the charm for the first games

I never had any trouble with Wrong Side of the Tracks, maybe failed it once or twice on my first playthrough but the trick always was to just match the speed, don't stick too close to the side of the train and dodge the incoming train. Passed it first time on this playthrough but it felt the same as before

I think the giveaway if the developers have tweaked it will be Zero's minigun mission. That was insane, if you missed one or two targets you'd just get completely overwhelmed

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

As one of the few people who cannot fathom why people laud RDR and RDR2 so much, reading the comments in here makes me lol

Just thought I'd let you know you have an ally on the latter.  RDR2 was dull as dishwater.

• Like 1

I can see why people thought rdr2 was dull it was an old timey cowboy simulator at its core but that's what a lot of people loved about it, I loved just spending hours tracking and hunting animals or doing a bit of fishing. My main gripe with it is some of the gameplay mechanics are really archaic now and need a reboot for the next big game they release. 

31 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I can see why people thought rdr2 was dull it was an old timey cowboy simulator at its core but that's what a lot of people loved about it, I loved just spending hours tracking and hunting animals or doing a bit of fishing. My main gripe with it is some of the gameplay mechanics are really archaic now and need a reboot for the next big game they release. 

Left trigger (enable aimbot), right trigger (shoot), dead, repeat?

36 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Left trigger (enable aimbot), right trigger (shoot), dead, repeat?

That, and the fact that if you step outside the arbitrary boundaries (geographically, normally) for the mission that aren't shown to you, you fail the mission. For such a huge and immersive world it really wants you to play certain parts a very certain way. The fact you can only slowly walk through the campsite. I'm sure there are other things I can't remember now as well. Saying all that I loved the game over all, especially when it gave you complete freedom, which in fairness was the vast majority of the time. 

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Just thought I'd let you know you have an ally on the latter.  RDR2 was dull as dishwater.

Fair enough.

The first one was dull enough for me to not bother with the second.  Completely overrated.

As for GTA, despite the advances in the franchise over the years, San Andreas was the best of the bunch imo.  But it's best left at that.  No doubt going back to it now would take the gloss off the memories though.

If you're doing a re-release, it takes time to get it right.  Fingers crossed the people involved in KotOR do a fantastic job because that game deserves the time needed to make it a masterpiece.

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Fair enough.

The first one was dull enough for me to not bother with the second.  Completely overrated.

As for GTA, despite the advances in the franchise over the years, San Andreas was the best of the bunch imo.  But it's best left at that.  No doubt going back to it now would take the gloss off the memories though.

If you're doing a re-release, it takes time to get it right.  Fingers crossed the people involved in KotOR do a fantastic job because that game deserves the time needed to make it a masterpiece.

I was the same as you. After being used to the GTA series RDR was just dull and boring. I always barked on about how shit RDR was when everyone else was telling me different. I wasnt going to bother with RDR2 for that reason. I gave in though and got it. Started playing it and i felt just like i did with RDR. Was so slow and dull.

I persevered though, once you get through the first 3-4 hours and get to the open map it all of a sudden turned into a game i couldnt put down. Just incredible. Everything about it was on point for me. Great story, Great characters and the world map is so immersive you find yourself just off hunting for the sheer joy of it rather than just doing it for items.

It surprised me and might surprise you to

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Seen the video of the car getting bigger and bigger. If you drive forwards and tap left and right alternately quite quickly it makes the car grow and apparently just keeps growing until the game crashes. Video is funny. 

Hilarious, it's a leftover glitch from GTA III.

I wonder how much Rockstar were actually across this, and whether Grove Street were given carte blanche and asked to oversee the release of this to market? 

The game continues to get battered now that publications are finally getting around to reviewing since it was embargoed at launch (ALWAYS a red flag) 

Surely some at R* must be angry at how disastrous this release has been behind closed doors? Their legacy is being shat on. If I was Sam Houser I'd be fuming. 

Having said that, they probably don't care... It's all money for old rope, I suppose. 

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I wonder how much Rockstar were actually across this, and whether Grove Street were given carte blanche and asked to oversee the release of this to market? 

The game continues to get battered now that publications are finally getting around to reviewing since it was embargoed at launch (ALWAYS a red flag) 

Surely some at R* must be angry at how disastrous this release has been behind closed doors? Their legacy is being shat on. If I was Sam Houser I'd be fuming. 

Having said that, they probably don't care... It's all money for old rope, I suppose. 

Most of them have left tbh, it's very much a 2k venture now, buy your shark cards and suck it 

I started playing the old San Andreas on Xbox a few weeks back and am on the brink of completing it (just got tags and oysters to collect) I have however just completed the worst thing on the game which appears to be the Vigilante mission. Anyone else ever have trouble doing this? Read its a piece of piss if you do it in a tank or some form of flying vehicle however i've always decided to struggle my way through it with a police bike and/or whatever spawns nearby when my current vehicle is blown up. First few levels are fine but as your wanted level increases you're left with trying to go to food places to regain health, ammunation for topped up body armor, police bribes or pay and sprays (by ditching your police vehicle) to shake the police off. To me its the hardest thing lol All with a countdown timer and villains to get more and more aggressive and dangerous. Managed to go into the final level with no police on me and full health etc. with 5mins remaining and still nearly failed it in sheer panic at the end lol