Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Aston Villa (A) - Sunday 5th December 4:30 KO

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Got tickets yesterday but might train it for the first time.

Do people usually just stay around Birmingham New Street for pubs? (edit: with our without colours also?).

Historically my lot have come off new street straight into the Shakespeare for a few. Great boozer. Then get the train to Witton and go the Witton arms, usually have the big tent for away days.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Got tickets yesterday but might train it for the first time.

Do people usually just stay around Birmingham New Street for pubs? (edit: with our without colours also?).

The Witton arms I recall was £4 or so entry and you get a sausage cob included. It was away fans only 

24 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Historically my lot have come off new street straight into the Shakespeare for a few. Great boozer. Then get the train to Witton and go the Witton arms, usually have the big tent for away days.  

Sound, cheers.

Yeah I went Witton Arms last time I was there (when we won 4-1). Was okay in there and as I recall Leicester only.

18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The Witton arms I recall was £4 or so entry and you get a sausage cob included. It was away fans only 

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Just checked, it was for a refurb.

IMO pubs that charge entry should be well avoided.

For some reason, most gaffs round villa park/Aston way charge entry on match days. Been the Aston tavern before and they charged something like a fiver. 

I agree on your point though, you’d think they were making enough from the punters alone. 

Best pub anywhere near the ground which lets in away fans is Barton Arms but don’t expect to be allowed singing etc. Beautiful pub which does cracking Thai food as well 

You wouldn’t see me caught dead in the Shakespeare as it’s simply not my cup of tea. Without going all beer snob, there’s plenty to cater all nearby New Street on Temple Street, Hill Street and Bennett’s Hill. Further afield you have pubs which are from the Purity and Thornbridge breweries. 

Worth mentioning much to the local’s annoyance the council decided to go ahead with the German market, so expect the trains to be busy and the city to be equally so. 

45 minutes ago, gonnabeblueforever said:

Weird how slowly this is selling, I thought it was because upper tier wasn’t available yesterday but P9 opened first thing this morning and P10 later in the day and still got loads left, was expecting them to disappear quickly.

I’d love to go but am only a fox member. You think it’ll make it to members?

13 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

A bit over 400 left with two of the 6 blocks to go on sale. Not sure what proportion these blocks are. I would imagine another 800-900 tickets. So let's say 1,200-1,300 left.

700 odd left with one small block to go on sale. I would put it at about 900-950 left at most. Friday is unlikely.

• Sad 1