Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Europa League: v Spartak Moscow (H) Pre-Match Thread

I'd play this. Vestergaard needs a chance next to Evans to prove he's of any use at all and Cags needs a rest....

Kasper

Castagne

Evans

Vestergaard 

Bertrand

Youri

Ndidi

Soumare

Lookman

Barnes

Daka

Then Ricky, Soyuncu, Thomas, vardy and Maddidon can come in fresh for Sunday.

I know I'm going to get pelters here for both vestergaard and Bertrand playing but at some stage they've got to stop being so shit. This lot are terrible too so if they can't do it here we should get rid immediately.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Back to 4-2-3-1 now Ndidi is back for me. Might be time to bring Perez back on the right :ph34r: Wasted somewhat out there but, it’s preferable to 3/4 wasted in the current 3 at the back system. Harsh on Lookman who’s looked decent when he’s been given a chance but just think we need Perez workrate and defensive contribution, although not opposed to Lookman starting in midweek as we can hopefully get away with it against Moscow.

Got to go strong for this one, and can then look to rest Evans, Youri, Wilf as and when depending how we’re getting on. 

Schmeichel

Castagne - Evans - Söyüncü - Bertrand 

Ndidi - Tielemans 

Perez  -  Iheanacho  - Barnes 

Daka 

against Leeds: 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Evans - Söyüncü - Castagne 

Tielemans - Ndidi

Perez  -  Maddison  -  Barnes 

Vardy

Perez is injured.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'd play this. Vestergaard needs a chance next to Evans to prove he's of any use at all and Cags needs a rest....

Kasper

Castagne

Evans

Vestergaard 

Bertrand

Youri

Ndidi

Soumare

Lookman

Barnes

Daka

I know I'm going to get pelters here for both vestergaard and Bertrand playing but at some stage they've got to stop being so shit. This lot are terrible too so if they can't do it here we should get rid immediately.

Imagine the uproar on here if we play Vestergaard and Bertrand and go out of Europe, I’ll pass thanks!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

This seriously needs to be our focus now. Too many out of form players, injured players, inconsistent performances and tactics to really hope for anything but mid table in the league. We need to push this and go as far as we can. 

Form can change throughout a season, as we have seen over the last two seasons.

There is nothing to say we can't reverse the last two seasons: start slow and finish well instead. 

It's far too early to be giving up on finishing in the European places in the league after ten games.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Form can change throughout a season, as we have seen over the last two seasons.

There is nothing to say we can't reverse the last two seasons: start slow and finish well instead. 

It's far too early to be giving up on finishing in the European places in the league after ten games.

I agree to a point, but this inconsistent form isn't just 10 league games. It's been like this since February unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Kasper

Castagne

Evans

Vestergaard 

Bertrand

Youri

Ndidi

Soumare

Lookman

Barnes

Daka

Fascinating your reasoning on them pair vs KDH in the other thread. Precisely the point @Foxy-Lady was alluding to. In general, experienced players will get chance after chance, especially when serious benjamin's have been parted to pay for them. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I fear Bertrand is not a form issue. Covid seems to have ****ed him over royally 

He was heinous for Southampton ever since the return from lock down for the final part of 2019/20. He has declined significantly, hopefully Rodgers can spark him back to life like he has with quite a lot of players in their 30's but the signs don't look good. 

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fascinating your reasoning on them pair vs KDH in the other thread. Precisely the point @Foxy-Lady was alluding to. In general, experienced players will get chance after chance, especially when serious benjamin's have been parted to pay for them. 

The fact is their both international footballers who at some point have done it at the top level.

KDH barely stood out in the 23s and so far has looked like a fish out of water even against millwall. And I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a chance, I'm saying he hasn't taken them when given. Equally he's against sounare, ndidi and youri - all of whom are fresh and miles better than him.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

The fact is their both international footballers who at some point have done it at the top level.

KDH barely stood out in the 23s and so far has looked like a fish out of water even against millwall. And I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a chance, I'm saying he hasn't taken them when given. Equally he's against sounare, ndidi and youri - all of whom are fresh and miles better than him.

It's a very blinkered way of looking at it though. Vestergaard has been a huge flop in English football and yet we've gone and got him anyway. So now we're lumbered and will have to see him periodically being given chance after chance in the blind hope that he makes it.

KDH won't be given as many chances with similar dog shit output put it that way. Fair? Absolutely not. Expected? Absolutely. That's football.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a very blinkered way of looking at it though. Vestergaard has been a huge flop in English football and yet we've gone and got him anyway. So now we're lumbered and will have to see him periodically being given chance after chance in the blind hope that he makes it.

KDH won't be given as many chances with similar dog shit output put it that way. Fair? Absolutely not. Expected? Absolutely. That's football.

That's not true at all. Thomas has played as many games if not more than betrand this season and both have been largely poor. Vestergaard gets a chance because we've so few options at the back. If youri went and got a serious injury kdh would get far more opportunities as vestergaard has with fofana being injured.

And to say he's been a flop in English football ignores his last year at Southampton.

Equally the home grown status means players like choudhury and kdh are going to get more of a chance than they possibly deserve. Is someone seriously arguing that kdh and choudhury are better than praet and mendy? 

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I agree to a point, but this inconsistent form isn't just 10 league games. It's been like this since February unfortunately. 

Since the 31st of January, we have played 27 games across the end of last and this season.  We took 41 points during those games at 1.51 pts per game.

Over a 38 game season, 1.51 pts per game would get you 58 pts which was around 9th and only 7 points behind 6th. 

Turning this around isn't very achievable. 

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Why bring up the under 23s which until recently has been poorly run anyway and not that last season he was one of the best centre mids in the Championship whilst playing for a bottom half Luton side?

If you are expecting him to come in and play top quality football in 2 games a month apart you aren’t giving him much of a chance.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Why bring up the under 23s which until recently has been poorly run anyway and not that last season he was one of the best centre mids in the Championship whilst playing for a bottom half Luton side?

If you are expecting him to come in and play top quality football in 2 games a month apart you aren’t giving him much of a chance.

He was the best centre mid for Luton yes, a poor championship side. I'm not digging him out I'm merely responding to the argument he's not been given a chance. He has and he's been average so can't expect to get much more of a chance with a fully fit midfield. And as for the 23s, I don't see how it's not relevant.

• Like 1