Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Europa League: v Spartak Moscow (H) Pre-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

There is always room for improvement. 

You should try it. 

You clearly don't read my posts if you think I assess everything as perfect.

I'm just not as overly negative and miserable as many on here crave to be.

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, iancognito said:

Kasper
          Amartey Jonny Cags
Ricardo    Soumare Ndidi     Bertrand
         Lookman   Nacho   Barnes
                          Daka

That's what I'd play, Rodgers will probably stick with Maddison and maybe not risk Ndidi either.

Do we get one less on the bench if we start with 12 on the pitch? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, iancognito said:

Kasper
          Amartey Jonny Cags
Ricardo    Soumare Ndidi     Bertrand
         Lookman   Nacho   Barnes
                          Daka

That's what I'd play, Rodgers will probably stick with Maddison and maybe not risk Ndidi either.

12 players? Bold but sadly illegal.

8 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Does anyone know if the away fans are allowed to come, now that Moscow is in lockdown? 

They have to quarantine unless they have been vaccinated with EU approved vaccination (ie not the Russian Sputnik). So their support is likely to be ex pats in the UK and other areas of Europe. A poster on the thread in the travel/ticket forum said they have sold 200 

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

With Jonny back it’s time to bring back the 4231. 

It looks like our attackers are all getting back to their best and great options to have.  The issue is how to get nacho in the side 

...not a problem....!!!

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans  Soyuncu Thomas

Soumare Tielemans

Lookman   Nacho    Barnes

Vardy

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Castagne

Soyuncu

Evans

Ricardo (if fit - otherwise Castagne and chuck Thomas at LB)

Ndidi (possibly only for 60 mins then bring on Soumare/Choudhury)

Tielemans

Barnes

Iheanacho

Lookman

Daka

Bring on Maddison off the bench at some point, Vardy as a last resort for final 15-20 mins if we need to go all out.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi will start this, so back 4 please.

We have to win this game by any means possible, got to have the same mental fight that we did at their gaff a few weeks ago but would rather we didn't let them go 2 nil up first.

If he starts I just really hope it is in a midfield 3 as a sole DM rather than in a midfield 2 in a pivot with Youri

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I just hope Ndidi hasn't been rushed back! 

I don’t think he has this time thankfully, as even Nigerias manager has come out saying how his scans are all clear etc. after spending some time over here with Wilf in half term

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

If he starts I just really hope it is in a midfield 3 as a sole DM rather than in a midfield 2 in a pivot with Youri

Do you not think its possible for us to play 4-4-2 with him as the ball winner but with the ask of being told to keep things simple?

I'm so torn on what the best set up is for us to try and get back to what we are capable of. There's now just as many questions as answers based on Saturday. Do we scrap the 2 up top and 3 at the back (please do that bit) in return for 2 wingers and 3 central midfielders? Can we put together a midfield that allows us to play 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 and excel against most teams? 

What I'm pretty set on is that 3 at the back from a defensive and general play point of view isn't reliable enough. We concede a lot of goals with an extra defender and the wingback seldom have good games. All that does happen is the front 2 are more involved and often our only source of goals bar the odd Tielemans screamer. Now that Evans has put a few games together and is building momentum, and Ndidi is back then we have to go to a back 4. It's just whether we go back to 4-2-3-1 (was better when it was a 4-1-4-1 with Ndidi purely a DCM) or if we can get Iheanacho in with Vardy or Daka.