Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Europa League: v Spartak Moscow (H) Pre-Match Thread

Today was a bummer, and we cannot afford the same sluggish start on Thursday.

As usual, wouldn't expect Vardy to play (or start), and frankly he's 'earned' a rest with his play today.

If Ricardo is fully fit, would be inclined to start him (and sub him out 2H as we can make 5 subs) and Castagne.

Kasper

Castagne

Amartey

Soyuncu

Thomas/Bertrand (unfortunately, no real difference defensively)

Ndidi

Soumare

Maddison

Lookman

Daka

Barnes

Win this and the next one against Legia, and we're pretty much through. Come on yer Foxes! :scarf:

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

Kasper
          Amartey Jonny Cags
Ricardo    Soumare Ndidi     Bertrand
         Lookman   Nacho   Barnes
                          Daka

That's what I'd play, Rodgers will probably stick with Maddison and maybe not risk Ndidi either.

• Like 1

I think we will revert to a back 4 for this. Soyuncu needs a night off so Vestergaard and Evans. We've been shit defensively regardless of who has played.

Maddison and Tielemans ran rings round these in the last game. Ndidi in for Soumare for 45 minutes to an hour. It's a bit of shame that Vardy is getting limited opportunities to score European goals but understand why. I'd like to give him half hour though. 

Barnes will do well if they defend similar to the last game. I'd probably play Iheanacho from the right, more creative than anyone else. 

They drew yesterday to Rostov at home. They lost 7-1 to Zenit the week before. Lodged right in the middle of the table. 

Legia actually slipped into the relegation zone as well. I begin to wonder if both unfancied teams will start to rest players in the EL because of their appalling league form.