Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Europa League: v Spartak Moscow (H) Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

Gee I hope we don’t play Thomas , the kid needs to learn that he can go forward not bloody backwards nearly every time. 
what he needs is to go out on loan for a year , so he can develop his attacking game 

We probably need him in the squad to make our ‘club trained’ quota for for the European squad. I think we need 4x trained at the club before 21 depending on how large our squad is, so him and Choudry can’t be sent out really.

18 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Ward

Daley Cambell

Vestergaard

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Ndidi

Tielemans

Dewsbury Hall

lookman

Iheanacho

Daka

Should be enough to get us 3 points…

If we cock this up we could be out of the competition in the group round… Let’s not pretend even our strongest 11 don’t have it in them to have a mare and be 2-0 down within the opening 15 minutes

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Foxy1984 said:

If anyone can collect a paper ticket from Bristol it's theirs for free. I can't go as I have Covid :(

Is it a print at home one? If so just email to any willing takers. 

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

We probably need him in the squad to make our ‘club trained’ quota for for the European squad. I think we need 4x trained at the club before 21 depending on how large our squad is, so him and Choudry can’t be sent out really.

If you watched him at the weekend against Arsenal you would be fairly right in the first half when played as a wing back with little or no help or cover defensively against a lively attack and midfield. The whole of the back 5 were poor not just him.

He improved massively in the second half and was far more comfortable in the back 4. As for going forward then, I think you'll find he was considerably more effective than the experienced Castagne on the right, he even managed to get a decent shot on goal.

Castagne, Ricardo, Bertrand and Thomas have all been quite poor when asked to perform wing back duties by Rodgers. All are very decent fullbacks and excell as attacking forces with players in front of them. Thomas and Barnes particularly work well together I think. 

• Like 2

This lot are on their arses. And I think things are a bit of a mess behind the scenes.

Could mean they come with a siege mentality, but we know we can take these apart. I don’t want to see us be passive and tip toe around the pitch.

Just let loose Brendan, send the lads out to **** shit up. 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely no need for the 3/5 bollocks I agree. We haven't got the requisite wing backs for it as we saw against Arsenal. These aren't as good as Arsenal but 3/5 would merely highlight Rodgers negative and cautious approach. If we go out we at least need to go out having a go!

Agreed but I think Legia exposed this even more than Arsenal. Legia for me were a very limited, albeit very hard working side and when you set up in a pretty negative way yourselves you're giving them an opportunity while I think our quality in a more attacking set up would see us through even on an off day. If I'm Spartak, or Legia in a few weeks this is exactly how I'd be hoping Leicester set up.

I don't think it's even necessarily a bad system, as you said, the lack of proper wing backs makes it fairly ineffective for us at the minute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Should be isn't good enough an effort for me, that looks a weak and hopeful effort of a side. We need our strongest side out possible for this, for me it far outweighs Sundays game as a priority. 

Yep - again I think Spartak are licking their lips if they see that backline. We need to win tonight. We've dropped enough points already - it's imperative we win both this and the Legia home game. If we go to Naples needing a result we're in trouble.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's possible It's just pragmatism. Realpolitik 

I reckon sometimes clubs do agents favours in return for earlier or future deals brokered. 

Heard a story about an incident after he posted that "Cribs" type video on Instagram a year or so back as well. Strange.