Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

Some more documents added by the Canal Trust and Historic England who have raised concerns about the harm to the visual significance of the Raw Dykes monument caused by the new buildings in the outline part of the application. 

Target decision date tomorrow. Not sure how likely they are to meet this date. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Some more documents added by the Canal Trust and Historic England who have raised concerns about the harm to the visual significance of the Raw Dykes monument caused by the new buildings in the outline part of the application. 

Target decision date tomorrow. Not sure how likely they are to meet this date. 

Can they approve part of the plan or does it have to be in its entirety with the option to come back at a later date with the part not approved?

4 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

A lot more than I thought, if we perform how we have last 10 years then the demand will be there

There's over 1m in Leicestershire alone, I don't think many sides can draw on a catchment area that big as the only club.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Can they approve part of the plan or does it have to be in its entirety with the option to come back at a later date with the part not approved?

From what I could gather at the webinar, one won't go ahead without the other ie. If outline approval is not given for the 6 buildings then we get no East Stand upgrade. I believe this is why the club made the hybrid  application rather than two separate ones. I'm not a planner but I think the planning application will fail in its entirety if one part is not approved. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

From what I could gather at the webinar, one won't go ahead without the other ie. If outline approval is not given for the 6 buildings then we get no East Stand upgrade. I believe this is why the club made the hybrid  application rather than two separate ones. I'm not a planner but I think the planning application will fail in its entirety if one part is not approved. 

Mmm yes that’s what I thought but thanks for clarifying. I’m sure one way or another either now or with minor alterations it will go through. Would just be nice to have this progress now. Good to have something to look forward to. Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Mmm yes that’s what I thought but thanks for clarifying. I’m sure one way or another either now or with minor alterations it will go through. Would just be nice to have this progress now. Good to have something to look forward to. Thanks. 

I don't think it can be stated enough how vital this is. It will secure the clubs status and future long term. This development is as important, if not more so, than our move from Filbert Street. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MattFox said:

2nd biggest one club urban area in the country after Tyneside.

Thats before you include the county

Leeds must be the biggest but we can certainly do 45,000 or so. I have been in Filbert Street with 40,000 there, it was bloody terrible mind you.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Leeds must be the biggest but we can certainly do 45,000 or so. I have been in Filbert Street with 40,000 there, it was bloody terrible mind you.

Rose tinted glasses but those days were magical. Packet of crisps sherbet fountain and a can of Coke for 35p. Weller worthington garland and Earle causing havoc up front. Snorkel parkas and admiral city shirts. Ahhh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxOnWheels said:

For how big our catchment area is our fan base is pretty modest

It’s a hard thing to properly measure in fairness, it’s probably grown a hell of a lot this last few years. Either way the potentials there, we surely have a higher ceiling than most because of the size of the catchment area. 

1 hour ago, FoxOnWheels said:

For how big our catchment area is our fan base is pretty modest

We'd have been better off building a new stadium out of the centre as we've done with the training ground. The traffic is awful with limited places to park, must be off-putting having to deal with that on matchdays to fans who don't live as close.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

We'd have been better off building a new stadium out of the centre as we've done with the training ground. The traffic is awful with limited places to park, must be off-putting having to deal with that on matchdays to fans who don't live as close.

No, no and thrice no! After all that's happened at that stadium and beyond I never want the club to move anywhere. 

• Like 2