Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

Some of the comments on the Mercury by some so called fans are laughable BS one for instance must be a jealous rival fan 

Rickyboy : Pity they hadn’t wasted so much money on the waste of time training ground they could have had an even better stadium.

What that state of the art training facility that will not only improve the playing squad but entice better players with better facilities and that same State of the art training facility that is better than other top clubs not only in this country but Europe also !

Rob Evans: Think they should invest in more quality players before they start expanding the stadium. 

Dave Burbidge: Get a defensive coach in to sort that back four out... they're good players... and then we build..!

Some fans seem to forget how far we’ve come in the last 10-15 years from being relegated to the first division, nearly going out of existence to the team we have become today, yes we’re having a bad time of it this season with some damn awful injuries and well rebuild for next season improve the capacity of the ground improve the amount we take in financially then we can improve & spend more on playing staff! so unfortunately we’re bound to FFP rules so can’t just go out and buy a mega money player each window!

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

Is this going to cost more than two or three bang average players that we have signed? Ayoze Perez £30 million for a rarely used squad player who is now polishing the bench at 70 grand a week. This project  is a proper needed development for a city the size of Leicester.

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

The stadium expansion makes us a bigger club. It doesn’t guarantee a better team or more success but generally speaking it becomes more likely.

...so long as we continue to do what we have previously been doing it will be just fine!!!

As long as we adhere to our self sustainability policy, we do not become a Sunderland or Sheffield.

5 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

The stadium expansion makes us a bigger club. It doesn’t guarantee a better team or more success but generally speaking it becomes more likely.

For a while ,at least, it will give us a capacity similar to Villa Park. They are always likely to be our main rivals in the midlands and hopefully this season we can still finish above them. We should aspire to be recognised internationally as the major club in the English midlands.

45 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the finished product looks like a crib!!!

Can't see the commercial benefit of calling it "The Crib", but it has a certain urban flavour to the name.

Better than Bowl

18 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Not sure how accurate this is. That’s not how the north and south stands are going to look with the wrap around affect filling in those gaps. 

Get a much better idea from the docs that were submitted imo.

It’s not accurate at all, it’s just someone’s decent stab at a 3d render of the plans.

Not a bad video, if not 100% accurate.

Hope the club do a GCI fly through etc, watched Everton's the other week and they showed everything from the concourse, to the lounges, bars, stands.

I know we're not doing a whole stadium but there's a lot more going in to the actual stand that people realise, judging from the planning documents.

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

There must be some plan with an intention to increase it further. My disappointment is with the number increase, I thought we could have gone to 45k but understand that means increasing 2 stands but surely that'd have been doable 

Further expansion is possible. I expect we'll want to know if we're still filling the stadium when it's ~40k capacity first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Further expansion is possible. I expect we'll want to know if we're still filling the stadium when it's ~40k capacity first.

The Ivanhoe reopening will have to happen for any further expansion imo 

having a station at the KP is a game changer 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, splinterdream said:

There must be some plan with an intention to increase it further. My disappointment is with the number increase, I thought we could have gone to 45k but understand that means increasing 2 stands but surely that'd have been doable 

So by the look of the development  will the away fans be relocated elsewhere ?

Edited by justfoxes

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Couple of comments uploaded this morning from residents(?) complaining about parking and extra traffic. 

....we previously had the ground at Filbert Street, we have relocated down the road, not too far away is a rugby ground, how old are these people complaining!!!

These clubs have existed since before they were born, and if they chose to locate themselves in the vicinity of two well supported sporting clubs, then they only have to look at themselves. 

I can understand if some time ago, the prices of houses were less around that area, as it seems little or no development has happened for some time to these old houses, but another factor which would have impacted the prices would have been the location of the existing clubs and what all that would bring. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

So by the look of the development  will the away fans be relocated elsewhere ?

Away fans are moving more into the corner then will push into P Block or there abouts. It's on the plans and I believe I posted on here